It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People who make fake UFO videos..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Why can't people just stop making fake videos (unless its for a blockbuster movie)? It's like the Truth in religion being smeared with lies by a few idiots, which ruins the quest for understanding for all of us.
Why can't people unite to find the truth, and become more skeptical and stop fiddling with evidence. Ugh!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

It's the same reason people write computer viruses!
Just to see if they can do it, and get away with it. But I know how you feel sometimes I want to do some online research or follow up on an interesting topic and I have to shovel my way through all the bull.

Luckily most of the fake UFO garbage videos and other Bull...

well it looks like bull!l

[edit on 10-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:01 AM
link   
They do it for a number of things including:

Money (Jeff Peckham)
Exposure (John Lear)
Money & Exposure (Richard Hoagland)
To test their skills (the author of the fake denver alien video)

Really it can be a number of things....

Watch out! He's peeping through the window:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter

To test their skills (the author of the fake denver alien video)

I don't really mind people trying out their skills but when they come off the wall
and spout it's genuine and you know you could do better with Microsoft paint

Not to mention Adobe etc.

There are hundreds if not thousands of great video evidence that gets drowned out by these BLASPHEMERS!

imo

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
I've made a little UFO clip to see how easy it is for people faking them with CGI, and getting a rock steady composition is quite difficult. I've even gone into mine frame by frame and adjusted the position of the UFO as the tracking was a little wobbly, it's still not brilliant by any means and you can tell instantly it's a fake, well I can anyway cos I know it is.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
i am a newbie on ATS so forgive me my ignorance but I was wondering:is there any footage available on which the majority of ATS-users agree that it could very well be real?

If so can you please provide me with the links?

I have seen UFO's a couple of times in my life. I call them UFOs because I was unable to identify them. Only once did I actually have a camera at the scene, but on the footage there was nothing, even though I was pretty sure it should have been.
Therefore I started wondering if it is even possible to capture them on film or photo.

In my opinion we don't register them with our normal senses, so I am not sure that it can be recorded (but I am not very technical, so maybe it can be, like the "white noise" thing...)

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by leapoffaith
i am a newbie on ATS so forgive me my ignorance but I was wondering:is there any footage available on which the majority of ATS-users agree that it could very well be real?

Try this page
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 10-6-2008 by SLAYER69]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   

Ok, I got the message...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EternalThought

in an ideal world we would all seek the truth & fact of UFOs
but like Mad_Hatter says, There are many reasons for presenting fake UFO video & reports.

I myself have a back-burner task... i will one day recreate a CGI video of the object i witnessed in Phoenix on 2 Dec 1996, a 12' triangle of football shaped lights which glided silently at no more than 60' overhead and no faster than 20mph.
Also the gliding UFO, i seen after the daily 2PM rainshower in Orlando FL,
which looked surpizingly like the size & profile of a AMC Gremlin automobile, some 100' distant and perhaps 4 stories up (in relation to the 2 storie townhomes at the scene.)

but i'm sure that whatever disclaimer that would accompany such a video re-creation ... there would be others who would/could foist the scenes off as actual proof...

ones own intellect is the most qualified 'screening' device to filter out the fakes in the world

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by leapoffaith

Ok, I got the message...

I am a newbie myself. WELCOME! One that I found interesting and most ATS members seemed to think it was NOT a hoax was posted by TallyUFO (I believe that is his username). It is from a few months back. I read it the other day and was really interested. The sighting took place in Tallahasse, Florida. Hope this gets you started on the right track. I wish I could be more of a help, but I am new myself!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Thank you darling, I will look it up.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:19 PM
link   
There are a couple of reasons why fake ufo videos are a great way for aspiring CGI artists to test their skills, even if they have no bad intentions as such.

The first is obious. Pictures and videos presented as real ufos will be taken apart frame by frame, both by laymans and if they're good enough to pass the girst round of debunking then by people with a lot of knowledge on the field. They'll be sure to point out anythign that seems unreal or out of place - feedback that's very important for someone bettering their skills.

The second is, that it's rather hard to get good feedback. If a picture is presented as CGI there are often two kinds of feedback, the guys who go "Awesome!" and then there are the nitpickers. If you're good enough the general public will almost always just go "awesome!" and offer no meaningfull critique and fellow 3d artists might look at the pics from a too technical perspective - or won't bother commenting at all, if the pics fall into the trap of being mediocre.

So, fakes get you real feedback and if some people really believe the pics to be real then that's good feedback that won't feel fake no matter how low self-esteem you might have... And believe me, I've known some brilliant artists with very bad self-esteem problems. They just couldn't take a compliment about their work, they were so convinced it was crap and people were just trying to be nice or were ignorant - and none of them are artist any more.

But then again, this only applies to a small part of hoaxes. Most are way too bad to be anything more than a quick attempt at getting some attention :/

new topics

top topics

join