It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nothing is original anymore... *sigh*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Have you guys noticed the same thing as me? That there doesn't seem to be anything original anymore... I mean, most people look the same, dress the same, more or less, work the same jobs, live the same lives, pay the same bills, watch the same movies, read the same books... I've really noticed this sort of thing lately and I'm wondering if we have simply just ran out of ideas... Have we come to the end of our abilities? Can we not make a movie that hasn't already been made 16 times or write a book about something that hasn't already been discussed over and over? Are we all so boarded down by the system that we have lost our originality or are losing it...? Because it seems to be, just based of pure observation, that we are or already have or maybe we just don't care anymore...? I'm guilty of this sort of thing myself and really noticed a problem when all the video games I own have become of no importance to me anymore... I've played them so many times and it seems the updates or upgrades to the games are just more of the same except with maybe different graphics... Same premise though... Given there are a few exceptions I'm sure, but nothing new! The same ole same ole boring stuff... It seems to be the same with movies and most of the other media as well... What's the deal with that? Is this just me or is there nothing left to get excited over

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The routine just becomes boring, that's what you are methinks; bored.

I get the same way as I am sure a lot of people do. But that's where it is up to us to change it up a bit and find something new and interesting.

Thereis more out there, just gotta find it

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
My username is totaly unique, i made it up on my own...

Thats original...

I Feel you though...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
There does seem to be something in the human experience that echoes your observations. The writer of Ecclesiastes noted it too:

What has been will be again, what has been done will be done again; there is nothing new under the sun.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i think love adds the originality to it. it gives it purpose and meaning.
genuine concern and care for others. i had pondered the same as you when thinking about eternity. eventually, everything would be the same and no new thing would arise and it would all become a rerun..that is, till you add love into the recipe. it changes everything.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by undo

This makes a lot of sense actually.. because love does change things, usually making them more exciting... I think you might be on to something here... Thanks for the post...

posted on Jul, 2 2008 @ 04:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

More in reference to media and such, nothing new or interesting... I think people need to pay attention to current events and develop films or other media based on that instead of worthless or already done ideas... Lot's of wasted money on lots of worthless material and services too...

top topics

join