It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help Me Have a Dream

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:26 PM
link   
What are some ways I can make it easier for me to have / remember a dream? I can never recall having any! I want to experience a dream... is there anything I can do? I'm kind of concerned because I have yet to have a dream (I've probably had a dream, but I can never remember it!)

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Go to the local supplement shop and get some melatonin....Its a sleep enhancer and everyone I ever knew that took it had lucid or vrey realistic dreams that they remember til this day....Ive used it and still do sometimes and it does work....Just dont expect it to happen the 1st night, but then again who knows.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Smoke pot before you go to sleep. If you don't like pot, try taking Melatonin. It's a natural hormone that makes you go in to a deeper sleep. It's available at any grocery store. I usually remember my dreams when I take it.

(Dreamz beat me to it.)

[Edited on 3/3/04 by NotTooHappy]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
What are some ways I can make it easier for me to have / remember a dream? I can never recall having any! I want to experience a dream... is there anything I can do? I'm kind of concerned because I have yet to have a dream (I've probably had a dream, but I can never remember it!)
Tell yourself in the mind before you sleep that you want to receive messages that you will want to communicate to the world.

This effect will have an effect on the subconscious to release it's powers to you, and some strange dreams will happen, many with messages only you could decode.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Smoke pot before you go to sleep.

Uh BS, giving up smoking tends to bring about intense dreams, but taking it up does bugger all.

Easiest way is to be less tired when you sleep. Go to bed earlier, before you are completely knackered. Also wake up naturally, without an alarm clock etc.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kano
Also wake up naturally, without an alarm clock etc.

Yeah, if you're unemployed.

I'm not demanding when it comes to dreams. I'd rather not have them because they usually make me hysterical.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
whatever you do
do not smoke pot it reduces beta and theta waves
sleep on your right side if your a male
repeat as your falling asleep im dreaming a dream inside of a dream
quit all habits ...smoking drinking drugs
if you want to really get serious buy the book "Tibetan Dream yoga"
keep a dream journal as you begin to dream
when you wake from a dream ....write it down
look for the thread posted by darage its called
curse lucid dreaming mp3...or something similiar
i gave him some good advice there n several posts

posted on Mar, 19 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
not sure if anyone already said this did not read very closely. i have done dream research before and easy way for me, atleast, to capture or recall dreams is to set your alarm clock for a time when you should be amidst the dreamworld. say 3:30 am, 4:43 am, 1:43am. i found interesting results using different times, not that i dreamt the same thing at the same time, but similiar degrees of dream intesity or strangeness rather. anyways i thought it was fun. also, i have noticed that diet and drugs(prescription) have definite effects on dreams. many people say that mushrooms help you to dream.

oh yea have a pen and note pad bedside to immediately record your dreams. they vanish quickly.

peace

[Edited on 19-3-2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Don't try pot. If you ever remember a dream, no matter how little you remember write it down. If you keep writing down your dreams you will have better recall of them.

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You can use a "mantra" a series of sounds spoken long and slow, --usually made of mostly vowels-- and then over and over in your mind. Through out the day, you do this a few times and tell yourself that when you do this meditation exercise in the morning, you WILL remember the dream you had.
If you happen to wake in the night or when you wake in the morning. DO NOT MOVE. this may take some practice to remember to do it, but dont move an inch!
Repeat the mantra you made as your "trigger" to remember your dream, and you will remember it, or them. This will work, if you practice. You are creating a "trigger" and the practice of repetition will bring you into a meditation state condusive to recall, like hypnosis.
Give it a week,
and your dreams will speak.

--Kristine

posted on Apr, 5 2004 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I was once told to start writing as soon as you wake up.

I tried this once, and it worked pretty well. So as someone else suggested, keep a pen and paper by the bed ( or wherever you sleep ) and when you wake up and start thinking about the dream(s) you've had, start writing.

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I take a prescription medicine from time to time called flexarile for back spasms, I have very vivid dreams when I take that medicine.

top topics

join