It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Desensitizing the General Population - Disturbing Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:39 PM
link   
You hear, read, and understand all the theories on the general population being desensitized but is it true? After viewing this video clip you have wonder how callous has our society become? I can’t believe out of all the pedestrians and motorists passing by the victim, not one single individual came to this poor man’s aid until a minute had passed. I find it disturbing and shameful to say the least.

Video Link

News Link

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by En4cer

While disturbing that no one physically came to help, there were 6 911 calls placed in the first minute from what I remember hearing about on the news. It's not like people ignored it entirely. I agree someone should have came out to help.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Looks like he was actually hit by two cars, who were passing traffic over the double-yellow. Might be tied to some crime elsewhere.

I can see a few reasons why people may not have move in to help the man. First, it was probably a pretty gruesome sight, and most people would not know how to help someone that badly injured anyway. Though I think I would have at least stepped into the roadway myself to make sure he wasn't run over again.

As far as the people in the passing cars, again, there was probably not much they could probably do for the man.

The one thing I do find curious though, is that everyone has a cell phone these days, yet no one bothered to even call for help.

As far as the people who might have gotten vehichle descrips or saw the tags, they probably just don't have the time to get invloved. Sad but true these days, with everyone living a paycheck or two away from being homless.

EDIT to add: The article said no one called, that the police just happened to find him laying there on the way to another call. But if the above poster is correct, that would seem to make more sense.

[edit on 6/9/0808 by jackinthebox]

join