It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich motions to Impeach Bush

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Pelosi has already said, 'impeachment still off the table'. She is nothing more than GWB's lapdog, and as such, would not want to disrupt their power base.

House Democratic Leader Nancy Pelosi promised Wednesday that when her party takes over, the new majority will not attempt to remove President Bush from office, despite earlier pledges to the contrary from others in the caucus.
“I have said it before and I will say it again: Impeachment is off the table,” Pelosi, D-Calif., said during a news conference.

Pelosi also said Democrats, despite complaining about years of unfair treatment by the majority GOP, “are not about getting even” with Republicans.

She said the GOP, which frequently excluded Democrats from conference committee hearings and often blocked attempts to introduce amendments, would not suffer similar treatment.

“Democrats pledge civility and bipartisanship in the conduct of the work here and we pledge partnerships with Congress and the Republicans in Congress, and the president — not partisanship.”

I don't think she knows what bipartisanship is. When a US president constantly goes against the wishes of the Congress/House and American people, the politicians' DUTY is to impeach such President.

The American people have waited too long. Our troops are suffering because of lies portrayed by the US government and their complacent corporate controlled media.

Enough is enough, we want these criminals out. Pelosi and the rest of the cowardice democrats too!

[edit on 6/11/2008 by biggie smalls]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   

In all your gleeful celebrating, you failed to read the whole article.

Article

(my underlining, etc. for emphasis)

WASHINGTON - The House has voted to send articles of impeachment against President Bush to a committee that is not likely to hold hearings before the end of his term.

By 251-166, House members dispatched the measure to a committee on Wednesday — a procedure often used to kill legislation.

Stick a fork in this issue and move along. It's way past done.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Pretty funny that a president can openly commit treasonous acts and get away with it. I thought it was so funny. Its even funnier that the dems are right in on it with Bush which is why they didnt do this 2 years ago when they were elected in. This crap needs to end. This 2 party mafia dictatorship needs to end and fast while we still have a country left.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:33 PM
link   

I honestly could care less when this man is brought up on charges (and his whole cabal). I'll wait another year before he goes to jail. During that time he'll probably make some more mistakes and Kucinich will have to add another 10 points to the 35 he already has.

Do you ever have anything productive to add to the discussion, or are you willingly ignorant of Bush's policies?

Carry on centurion, the American Empire is DEAD.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I find it funny that in reading this post I have not seen I person refute any one of the 35 claims Kucinich makes. It's all, "oh its to late, just let it go", or "this is just partisanship". If its worthless and from a quack, then why won't soeone make logical arguments to refute the claims? This is not just true here on ATS, but in the media and congress to.

If these claims are true, then every single person in this country should be outraged, and push the matter as far as they can regardless of how much time is left. It would set a precedent that this will not stand. But instead of being outraged, man people just blindly follow their party, no matter what the cost.

Also, if the Dems and Pelosi refuse to push the issue, how do we know that if we get a Dem president that betrays the Constitution the Republicans won't return the favor and look the other way? Obviously the MSM wouldn't help inform us, as they already refuse to touch this subject.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Grambler

I find it funny that in reading this post I have not seen 1 person refute any one of the 35 claims Kucinich makes. It's all, "oh its to late, just let it go", or "this is just partisanship".

i agree. those lines are what the talking heads throw out to indoctrinate the masses. once the talking point is out there, a huge majority of the public just parrots it along all day without ever stopping to think about the facts...

1) The president lied and sent us into a war with a country that had no role in 9-11
2) the president got 6000 of our troops killed and many more injured
3) The president got over 1,000,000 iraqis killed

but lets not think about these FACTS lets just repeat what the "important" people on cnn said and not think for ourselves...

idiots. when you, your son, or daughter gets their head blown off by an iranian IED when we attack iran think about your complacency.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
i don't know if this is allowed, but it might be of great interest to those who wish to actually try to DO something. I would post just a link, but I don't have the source. Sorry.

Call, write, and email these judiciary members relentlessly and let them know WE THE PEOPLE WHOM THEY SERVE want IMPEACHMENT. Let's NOT let this one die with the Judiciary Committee again. MOMENTUM IS NEEDED.

THE FULL JUDICIARY COMMITTEE
judiciary.... house. gov/fullcommittee. aspx

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=8
Honorable John Conyers, Jr.

2426 Rayburn Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-5126
www.... house. gov/conyers/

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=7
Honorable Howard L. Berman
2221 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
(202) 225-4695
www.... house. gov/berman/

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=26
Honorable Rick Boucher
2187 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3861
www.... boucher. house. gov/

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=27
Honorable Jerrold Nadler
2334 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
202-225-5635
www.... house. gov/nadler/

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=28
Honorable Robert C. Scott
1201 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-8351
www.... house. gov/scott/

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=29
Honorable Melvin L. Watt
2236 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-1510
watt.... house. gov

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=30
Honorable Zoe Lofgren
102 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3072
lofgren.... house. gov

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=31
Honorable Sheila Jackson Lee
2435 Rayburn Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3816
jacksonlee.... house. gov

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=32
Honorable Maxine Waters
2344 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-2201
www.... house. gov/waters

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=34
Honorable William D. Delahunt
2454 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3111
www.... house. gov/delahunt

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=35
Honorable Robert Wexler
213 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-3001
wexler.... house. gov

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=39
Honorable Linda T. Sanchez
1007 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-6676
www.... house. gov/sanchez

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=95
Honorable Steve Cohen
1004 Longworth Building
Washington DC 20515
(202) 225-3265
cohen.... house. gov

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=96
Honorable Hank Johnson
1133 Longworth Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-1605
hankjohnson.... house. gov/

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=103
Honorable Betty Sutton
1721 Longworth House Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20515
Phone: (202) 225-3401
sutton.... house. gov

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=97
Honorable Luis Gutierrez
2367 Rayburn Building
Washington, DC 20515
(202) 225-8203
luisgutierrez.... house. gov/

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember. aspx?id=98
Honorable Brad Sherman
1030 Longworth Building
Washington, D.C. 20515-0524
(202) 225-5911
sherman.... house. gov

judiciary.... house. gov/CommitteeMember.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 11:18 PM
link   
It's most likely going nowhere.

House Democratic leaders have repeatedly said, since winning control of the chamber in the 2006 elections, that they would not consider any effort to remove Bush from office.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by MasterDebater
It's a little too late to impeach Bush, he's almost out of office any way. Only a few months left until a new President is elected.

Seven months until he (hopefully) steps down. I suppose it's too late to manage an impeachment, unless he does something so blindingly obviously batsh!t insane that we have no choice (what's left, I don't know, threaten to nuke Canada, maybe), but I would hope at least that we can bring him to trial after he leaves, chuck him in a hole somewhere in Leavenworth for the rest of his life.

Hmmm.... I wonder if starting an impeachment, even if it couldn't be completed before he (again, hopefully) steps down, might be helpful in that effort. If so, I think it'd be worth it.

Provided Congress can find it's collective balls for just a little while. I have to say, I still don't quite understand why there hasn't been more of an effort behind this one. It's not, after all, the first time the subject's come up.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Lightworth

Ann Coulter looks like a shemale to me.
Her voice says sex-change too.

And as far as Bimbos with no brains sure ugly dudes might get them
with big bucks but after boinking it's torture by boring babble.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
reply to post by Grambler

i agree. those lines are what the talking heads throw out to indoctrinate the masses. once the talking point is out there, a huge majority of the public just parrots it along all day without ever stopping to think about the facts...

1) The president lied and sent us into a war with a country that had no role in 9-11
2) the president got 6000 of our troops killed and many more injured
3) The president got over 1,000,000 iraqis killed

Just an aside here re: King George. Am I the only one who noticed this?

During the 04 election (and I think the 00, but don't recall for sure), when it came up Bush, I remember the newscasters talking about how peaceful and orderly it was, and in some other countries you might have riots and upheaval and so forth - I don't recall the exact words.

They held it up as a testimonial to the effectiveness and strength of the Democratic process, but the thing is, I don't remember them saying such things in the 80s and 90s... It just felt odd, like they were holding back from saying something like, "You idiots! What the hell is wrong with you! Haven't you been paying attention?"

Just the vibe I got off it. That short list of yours, hilighting the big three grievances (there are numerous others, as I'm sure most of us here recognize), got my mind on that part again.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Electricneo
reply to post by Lightworth

Ann Coulter looks like a shemale to me.
Her voice says sex-change too.

She's a 'woman' who thinks that women shouldn't be allowed to vote - too crazy. That pretty much nails it for me.

So, either she's a man (or possibly hermaphrodite; who knows, but maybe that's why she's still single) who hates women, or she really is a woman, and thinks they're all as crazy as she is.

That said, whenever I see her on the tube or YouTube, I flashback to the 80s, watching "Bachelor Party" at the scene where the nerdy guy sees the hooker he just nailed using the toilet standing up....

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:03 AM
link   
I think the big issue here is one of precedent. If congress does not act to defend the constitution, then the bar will just be lowered for the next crackpot that gets into office.

Well, Bush did it. . . ." You'll hear that said as justification for some scary stuff by future presidents. Get used to that message.

The idea is to keep lowering the bar further and further. Corrections can be made to the system, but any corrections made never fully balance the scale of power. We just keep sliding down.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:44 AM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

i completely agree. neither party wants to do anything that will distract from their true goal GAINING MORE POWER. because both partys know that deep below the surface they work for the same side. the only people who speak for the american people are a few rogue agents like kucinich and paul.

when you hear a quote like this:

"Speaker Pelosi will continue to lead legislative efforts to find a new direction in Iraq but believes that impeachment would create a divisive battle, be a distraction from Congress's efforts to chart a new course for America's working families and would ultimately fail," Pelosi's spokesman, Nadeam Elshami, told the Cleveland Plain Dealer Tuesday.

BE A DISTRACTION FROM AMERICANS WORKING CLASS FAMILIES?
are you F----ing kidding me?
Cause heaven knows American families dont want to hear about how little johnies legs and arms just got blown off by and IED. and how they few thosend the have saved in the bank is now worthless because of rampant inflation, caused by astronomical spending on this pointless war.

and a new direction in iraq? HOW BOUT OUT YOU STUPID WHORE!

lobbiest suckling, power loving, big corperation serving sluts like her AND bush should be brought up on high treason charges.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

Please tell us how you really feel and dont hold back

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Once again, and only to keep the kindling alive, there is no two-party system. The term 'bi-partisan' is a fantasy like 'harsh interrogation'.

These events, listed in the articles of impeachment, weren't news to the political body, they ALL new about them, and they all were conscious during the whole affair.

There is NO chance this is going to be 'deliberated' anymore than a 9-year old 'deliberates' on his bed-wetting episodes when he was 8.

The only thing that can fuel this initiative will be a sustained grass-roots campaign targeted at both the politicians and the independent media. Remember - the MSM is arguably the information warfare tool, and barring outright rebellion against her owners, will not willingly provide meaningful coverage. Heck, aside from the possibility they may not provide coverage at all, they might engage in ANY tactic designed to portray this as a 'waste of time.'

I wouldn't like to debate those who want to sigh and walk away from this like the fight is over. I find the reasoning I have heard so far 'troubling' in that it contradicts my personal opinion that one must NEVER cease to fight for constitutional principles, even against all odds. Especially if the media and the republocrats tell you to.

These are the same people who tell you not to vote, because it would somehow send some kind of message. But political silence is consent, the message I believe it sends to the 'leadership' is 'Do as you will.' Not being a Satanist, this is not a tenet of personal conduct I can embrace.

If any of you understand what I'm saying, please don't simply allow the representatives to "Do as they will." At least make them confront and directly answer for their inaction, when will we ask them the question, "Do you work for us, or do you work for your party?" It can't be both when potentially high-crimes have been committed. This isn't a political 'game'.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:17 AM
link   
A dollar short and a dollar late.. I watched some of it on youtube.. and its really disgusting how the house disrespected the rep... like 3rd grade school children snickering.. its sickening.. I can't help but feel like his david in goliath.. He needs all the support he can get from the American people so that he is not alone.. anyways here is a video exerpt from the introduction of the articles of impeachment.. every charge is very serious... I just love to compare how Clinton for getting a blowjob he got impeached for lying about having sex... how about Bush for lying about WMDs? causing the countless deaths of American's and Iraqis... Lets face it Al cia quada.. is an American invention... a propaganda tool.. Anyone who sitll beleives faux news.. is seriously blind. Here is video

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thefreepatriot

Maybe if an intern would PLEASE just give shrub some oral sex in the Oval Office we could get this impeachment started! Where's John Ashcroft when you need him?

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by biggie smalls

I honestly could care less when this man is brought up on charges (and his whole cabal). I'll wait another year before he goes to jail. During that time he'll probably make some more mistakes and Kucinich will have to add another 10 points to the 35 he already has.

Do you ever have anything productive to add to the discussion, or are you willingly ignorant of Bush's policies?

Carry on centurion, the American Empire is DEAD.

If you have a problem with my contribution of reality to this thread in the form of taking the time to read and understand the whole impeachment proceding, what it really means and where it is really going, then maybe it's time for you to find a new thread.

What about deny ignorance?

If you don't want to hear the truth that Kucinich's bill (with or without merit) is going nowhere, then aren't you in fact embracing ignorance instead?

Makes me feel like paraphrasing Jack Nicholson:

"You want the truth? You can't handle the truth!"

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   

...And you continue to defend Bush regardless...

Who is really denying ignorance? I know what this vote entails, and doing ANYTHING is better than sitting here and being shrub's lapdog.

I'll take action over stagnancy any day, thanks though.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join