It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rep. Dennis Kucinich motions to Impeach Bush

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

i agree but have one question. what is this so called "change" that barak obama promised? have you ever got any wind of it? i sure havnt yet hahah. all his cult followers just keep screaming about this "change" and "hope" but i have yet to see one iota of diffrence between him mccain or hillary. just like someone before said aint no diffrence between republicans or democrats.

just looks like more of the same poop wrapped up in diffrent color wrapping paper to me.

EDIT: spelling so bad even i noticed

[edit on 11-6-2008 by TheRepublic]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mybigunit

I agree. This is what I was getting at. Not 'adding' to the two parties in existence but by wiping them completely and coming up with a new system altogether. With 5 parties and laws NOT ALLOWING corporate sponsors. Heck, not allowing ANY sponsors for that matter. It shouldn't be how much money you have. It should be about what you stand for. Technically, the government needs to shrink (5 parties doesn't mean bigger) and the election funds should be split equally from a government kitty. Equal grounds for all. Now of course there will need to be certain requirements before you run for an office and such or else we would have 100 candidates for each post.

Just my thoughts on this very serious matter we are facing.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Here's an article where a Constitutional scholar on impeachment voices his opinion on this attempt to get the impeachment process against Bush started!

Constitutional scholar on impeachment: 'It's time to pony up'

Law professor and constitutional law expert Jonathan Turley says that America's founders "would have been astonished by the absolute passivity, if not the collusion, of the Democrats in protecting President Bush from impeachment."

*****SKIP*****

Despite noting that not all of the articles Kucinich presented were "impeachable offenses" in a strict sense, Turley says "there are plenty of crimes there -- this is a target-rich environment."

And here's the video, the scholar on impeachment weighs in at about 2:30 into the video.
Countdown: The Case For Impeachment

In the video he said "the opposition just quietly stood by in the face of clear presidential crimes".

According to Turley, it's time for Congress to "pony up" and do their job!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I saw that last night and as I was watching it I wanted to march to Washington and this guy is 100% correct. I posed this question on another thread who is really the true evil the people like Bush who have pillaged our treasury and killed our and others people or the democrats who have had a chance to end the war and impeach Bush not once but TWO TIMES!!!!! and have stood by and done nothing. It just shows you the president is a talking piece for a bigger world domination agenda that this 2 party maffia is trying to accomplish.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Update:

1) House members are expected to vote Wednesday (today) on sending articles of impeachment against President Bush to the Judiciary Committee. The 35 articles introduced by Dennis J. Kucinich, D-Ohio, on Monday are pressuring the Democratic Party to make good on a promise many of them made before the 2006 elections: to impeach! Just one week ago, ImpeachBush.org members flooded Judiciary Chairman John Conyers offices with the demand for impeachment during the National Call-In Day for Impeachment. We must continue to let Rep. Conyers and every other Congressperson know that the people demand action!

2) Calling it "a sworn duty" of Congress to act, U.S. Rep. Robert Wexler of Florida signed on yesterday to Dennis Kucinich's 35 Articles of Impeachment. "President Bush deliberately created a massive propaganda campaign to sell the war in Iraq to the American people and the charges detailed in this impeachment resolution indicate an unprecedented abuse of executive power," Wexler said in a statement.

3) At 1pm, June 11, members of Veterans for Peace will hold a news conference at the Capitol to display the 22,000 names they collected on a petition to impeach Bush, which they will deliver to the office of John Conyers, Chair of the House Judiciary Committee. VFP Vice-President Elliott Adams wrote, "Having taken an oath to defend the Constitution 'from all enemies foreign and domestic,' our members take the obligation to impeach George W. Bush most seriously. We must hold this administration accountable for waging a war of aggression against Iraq."

straight from ImpeachBush.org - cheney is also listed in the impeachment so any hopes he had of taking bush's position are foiled.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by PimpyMcgibbins]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

1PM which coast dude Im getting ready. GO Wexler and Kucinich for have some balls.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Seriously what does it matter now? Too little too late! It gets me every time that they compare what happened with Clinton to the Bush/Cheney fiasco! I have a bumper sticker on my car that says...

"NO ONE DIED WHEN CLINTON LIED"

I got that sticker when I got the car 3 years ago! I mean we are comparing a man that got a little action by a young woman while married to someone else TO a GROUP of people who have cost us the lives of thousands by getting us into a war which we should have NEVER started not to mention the economy, Katrina mess and the handling of all the events both before and after 911!!! If you ask me, any one of those treasonous offences which could have and still may completely destroy this country! I get so angry when I think about this, it makes me SICK!

Defination of treason in the constitution-

Article III, Section 3 of the US Constitution classifies treason as giving aid and comfort to the enemies of the US.

www.strike-the-root.com...

By destroying our economy, allowing 911 to occur due to complete incompetence (in the very least, conspiracy theories aside), allowing huge urban areas to be destroyed and fall into anarchy while claiming that no one could have predicted this (dude I saw the PBS special on what a large hurricane could do to the New Orleans area not to mention the NPR program about it PRIOR to AUGUST OF 2005), the outing of a covert CIA agent and all the poor leadership decsions which are leading to what I believe is going to be a complete ecnomic collapse---
WE DO NOT NEED TERRORISTS TO ATTACK THIS COUNTRY OUR OWN PRESIDENT IS DOING IT FOR THEM! It is not a STRETCH to call his actions while in office treason! However what does it matter now? It can not be undone! Don't get me wrong I appreciate what he is doing but WHERE WAS HE WHEN IT COULD HAVE MADE A DIFFERENCE!

I think the saddest part of the whole disgusting mess is that there were many people like us and Micheal Moore who tried to scream at the top of our lungs to for others to see what was happening and NO ONE LISTENED!

The only thing we can now do sadly (other than pray to what ever higher power you believe in) is to ask ourselves- What are we going to do to prevent this from happening again?

Dr. T

[edit on 6/11/2008 by kupoliveson]

[edit on 6/11/2008 by kupoliveson]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by kupoliveson

I listened....I used to be one of the hardcore Bush boys until it was people like Moore who spoke up. It wasnt him though who did the total transformation he just made me look a little better. It was Ron Paul who really transformed me when he linked it all to the money. Good post star for you and keep speaking because you will get to guys like me and I think in 2010 I may run for congress to make a change.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
The only thing we CAN do is to take our country back. I would guess that 95% of all politicians are corrupt elitists. Republican or Democrat. Every one of them lie. Republicans just stick with the lie until they die, DEMs just say they voted for it before they voted against it. If you think about it they would have to be. You can run for office all you like, but if you don't have a few million in disposable income, good luck getting in. They are always going to listen to THEIR friends and family, what they want and need before they will ever pander to the people. We all deserve what is happening to our country because none of us have stood up against it. Good luck in the next hundred years!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by PimpyMcgibbins

The house voted to refer the impeachment to the Judiciary Committee for review.

The measure passed 251-166. Twenty four republicans including Ron Paul voted with the democratic caucus.

clerk.house.gov...

[edit on 11-6-2008 by clay2 baraka]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

There is a form on the House of Representatives Committee of the Judiciary website where you can leave a comment/tell them how you feel!

Here's the link!

Contact the Committee of the Judiciary!

It's time to let them know how you feel!

[edit on 6/11/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   

"The house voted to refer the impeachment to the Judiciary Committee for review."

AWESOME!
...now its in the same black hole that cheneys impeachment is in. these snakes, whores, and scoundrels in DC are really tickin me off these days.

FROM the Whorington POST:

As they have previously, Democratic leaders staunchly oppose Kucinich's impeachment effort. They expect to table the resolution by referring it to the Judiciary Committee, where they expect it to die.

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Is this on the mainstream news yet?

I just had a quick glance around the usual suspects but didn't see anything on any of the front pages....

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Nova

yes it is in the mainstream news. Its between the used cars section and the funnies. in 2 point font. under a picture of gary coleman.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This is huge. The vote is being sent to the House Committee now. Here is a list of the members.

23 out of the 24 democrats voted YES, 16 out of the 17 democrats voted NO (2 didn't vote). Depending on what the majority has to be, this could pass to the senate.

Is there a 2/3s majority vote or what? I don't know...

Great news!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It passed?
That means the matter will be taken seriously?

Just double checking before I start the celebrations!

Well, I flew across the 35 points (so I read approx 20 of them properly and got a gist of the others) and if he didn't misquote the Constitution and the other laws, then he's got a good case => Congratulaions America for waking up. (A wee bit too late, we Germans (as well as other nations) said it all along, but hey.... better late then never
)

@ those comparing Bush and Clinton: ROFL!!! HAHA! Ok.... erm.... and what does having an affair and hurting your wife have to do with deliberately misleading YOUR nation and killing thousands of brave soldiers??? (p.s. I personally think that cheating on your partner should be a crime, but it's still no comparison with mass murder!)

It should have happened sooner, but thank God (or who ever you believe in) that historians will be able to look back and be able to say: "They were mislead, but when they realised it, they acted!" (ok, mislead, brainwashed, didn't know better, took some time .... but they acted!!

I just hope it doesn't go wrong, because as someone before me posted: "What if Bush is pushed so far into the corner that he tries to use the (unconstituional) laws, he has successfully passed to take full control. Would the American people stand a chance? And supposing NWO were real, how would other nations follow?
Would it possibly just be accelarating the inévitable?

Man, how do I always manage to work up my fears, after hearing such good news!

Oh well, if it happens, better get it over and done with!

Cya,
Samuel

p.s. a bit tired: so please try reading around typing errors

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I dont see anything in the MSM about this. It must not be to popular with the MSM or they are checking with the power that be to see if its ok to print the news.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
Here's one article on it!

House votes to send impeachment resolution to Judiciary Committee

The House of Representatives voted Wednesday to send articles of impeachment against President Bush to the Judiciary Committee for review.

The impeachment resolution’s sponsor, Rep. Dennis Kucinich, requested a recorded vote on the motion around 3 p.m. Wednesday, and 24 Republicans joined nearly all Democrats in voting to send the impeachment measure to the committee.

The motion passed 251-166.

“It is imperative that Members of Congress have a thorough opportunity to read the Articles of Impeachment and study the documentation,” Kucinich said in a news release Tuesday. “When they do, I am confident that they will agree that it is both appropriate and necessary for the Judiciary Committee to begin hearings on the Resolution.”

So it's in the hands of the Judiciary Committee now.

Is there any "law" or "rule" as to how long they can sit on something or table something like this?

I have a feeling that this is as far as this impeachment is going to get!

The Judiciary Committee, chaired by Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), already has before it articles of impeachment aimed at Vice President Dick Cheney. Since receiving that impeachment measure in November, the committee has done nothing.

Democratic leaders in the House seem determined to block the latest impeachment measure as well, and it remains all-but-impossible that the House would proceed with impeachment hearings before Bush leaves office.

Speaker Nancy Pelosi is sticking by her earlier pledge to make sure impeaching Bush and Cheney is an option that remains strictly “off the table.”

I have a feeling this is just going to fade away now just like with Cheney!

[edit on 6/11/2008 by Keyhole]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

i think i read somewhere that kucinich put some sort of provision on it that if it is not acted upon in 30 days he can bring it up again. I hope he keeps doing it, the more pissed people get at bush and then they notice the dem's wont do anything each time kucinich brings it back up the more exsposed they are for being hypocrites. the better off all of us are for helping throw these power grubbing whores out of office.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hi There,

Out of curiosity, could it be that the Democrats are hedging their bets on winning the general election and will then overturn the blights that Bush has brought upon the American Constitution?

Either way, it is obvious that scholars of the Constitution clearly understand the crimes committed against it. They have the voice that could educate the people, such a voice needs to be raised louder!

If Bush trys to go the strong-arm route and declare martial law, and such stuff, that would clearly be his downfall. He'll be saying to the American people, I can # all over you slaves...see! What yer' gonna do about it? So yeah! What are you gonna do about it? Personally, I think you should call his bluff...you may have to knock your house down in order to build it back up. They are as frightend of you (if not more so), than you are of them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join