It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lamp turns on at 3am

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
I was serious about asking questions. Suppose for a second that it were possible to communicate to "something/someone" by using such a delicately balanced switch.

The premis is that they would need something which required as little exertion as possible in the physical world. And an exertion based upon a tiny electrical field might be ideal if let us say they were entirely an energy phenomina.

If you could get it on film. You might tweak TAPS interest and get them to investigate. I know people suppose that these events are random electrical accidents. But consider the potential if just a few were not.

The only way to prove consciousness is to establish a credible correlation between the timing of questions and the timing of switchings. I would also ask it to not turn the light on for the next two minutes; after you have gotten it to switch several times in a single minute. You need to establish that it is not just flickering. Then go back to questioning.

Unfortunately you will always have only the credability of those who witness it and attest to the validity for you.

I am disappointed that you would resort to the opinion of your dog, rather than take a leap of faith and test the hypothesis yourself through questioning.

I had hoped to come back and see footage of the light answering questions. To be followed by an appearance on a segment of Ghost Hunters.

I have talked to my husband about setting up the video camera on his days off and will try to ask more questions while he is here. I am soooo new to this and have NEVER been a believer so I'm kind of out of my element and a little freaked. Like I said earlier my husband asked questions and the next morning the lamp was laid over on it's side....did we anger it????? "She" (because I just feel like it's a girl. perhaps a child) seems to be nice right now, can they be angered or pissed off? If so, please tell me what NOT to do, I want to keep the peace....it's a big house we can all live together.LOL

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I have had the same problem. It has happened 2 times. The first time I woke up and was looking at the lamp and it just turned on. I was sleeepy and just reached out and turned it back off and went back to sleep. When I woke in the morning , I figured I was so tired that My arm was reached out and I hit it. But just a few nights ago I woke up again in the middle of the night and was just looking at the lamp and about 5 seconds later it turned on. I remembered the previous time this happened and I was just lying there on my pillow and my arms were under the blankets and I was sleepy but there was no way I reached out to turn on the lamp. ALL I was doing was just lying there looking at it in the dark. I do not want to scare my wife and do not understand why this is going on. But It is funny I wake up moments before it happens. It may never happen again,. I don't no. We have identical touch lamps on eathier side of the bed. It has only happened 2 times and the lamp on my side of the bed. We have owned the lamps for over 3 years and they work with no errors at all. ?????

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I have had 3 touch lamps over the years, and they all did that. It's common in them. I got rid of mine for fears of a fire starting from whatever the electrical problem is in them.

They had been plugged in in different locations and at different residences. The lamp is not possessed. It has something to do with the way the touch lamps work.

A_L

posted on Nov, 15 2008 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Pull the *snip* out of the power socket.

Buy a new lamp. Plug it in.

If the problem persists, hire an electrician.

Mod Note: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 11/22/2008 by Badge01]

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by another_lurker
I have had 3 touch lamps over the years, and they all did that. It's common in them. I got rid of mine for fears of a fire starting from whatever the electrical problem is in them.

They had been plugged in in different locations and at different residences. The lamp is not possessed. It has something to do with the way the touch lamps work.

A_L

Can vouch for that, dad's caravan had 2 and one of them was a tempermental thing, it was situated about 0.5M away from the tv (in case that had anything to do with it).

But basically you needed to near throttle it to get it to change and then an hour or so later would start to change by itself, the other one was fine tho'

posted on Nov, 22 2008 @ 09:41 PM
link   
3AM always seems to be an active hour when I have experienced the paranormal as well. Very intriguing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join