It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colonel's Review of "Passion of Christ"

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Interesting question. So, you're saying that if Jesus was black as I say and everyone is depicted as they should, would I want people to see this film?

No.

Based upon scripture. Images and idols. But, I saw it, you say. Well, I was weak and gave into the hype. But, i wish this film wasn't made.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I just have to hope perhaps the scripture was off because of man, I mean I understand the no false gods, and I can see the no engravin images, and perhaps thats so we all would argue what he looks like =) , But If the over all out come is a good one, Love thy neighboor, I would hope and pray God would see that as a lesser of 2 evils. I take this as perhaps like this because there is a lot of stuff in the bible that doesnt make sense, like in Leviticus (sorry for the spelling). I mean I am sure the fact we should be able to own slaves was a writing of man at the time not from GOD (or at least I really hope so)

I mean I think the whole Preist/Pedophile issue is more the doing of the devil, because alot of people have thrown GOD away altogether, rather than realize its a coruption of Man and it has nothing to do with God , Jesus and his teachings. Where as this movie (in some cases) Has made people realize what they have forgotten, that he went to hell and back for us and all he asks is for us to be good people (in General).

At least that my 2 cents.

Peace

One can only hope I guess.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
The corruption of the church is because of the church. Their rules are unnatural. A man who is of the cloth must be celibate? Was Moses celibate? Was Noah? If you make unnatural rules that restricts the human condition that God created, then you have unnatrual and ungodly results.

Furhtermore, if you go to any church on Sunday, they barely read the passages of the Bible. All the people do is sing a bit, read a few lines of scripture, then have some feel good session for about 15 minutes.

Then, they go through a ritual of eating bread and wine and then we all go home singing with the priest looking like the end all be all.

How does that explain scripture?

I understand the bit that I do because I had to read it on my own---beofre themovie came out---and the things in the Bible contradict what the Church is doing.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by Colonel]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Colonel
The corruption of the church is because of the church. If you go to any church on Sunday, they barely read the passages of the Bible. All the people do is sing a bit, read a few lines of scripture, then have some feel good session for about 15 minutes.

Then, they go through a ritual of eating bread and wine and then we all go home singing with the priest looking like the end all be all.

How does that explain scripture?

I understand the bit that I do because I had to read it on my own---beofre themovie came out---and the things in the Bible contradict what the Church is doing.

Oh I agree, What I meant was that this has taken people from GOD ( the Church Preist/kid / Greed) And instead of people seeing it for what it is , they blame God/jesus and this is the worst thing, but I have seen a few people because of this movie actualy want to live a better life ,read the bible etc. because of this. And I would hope that would out weigh anything written about engravin images. Thats all. (not trying to pick a fight btw)

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I know you're not fighting. That's why I'm not yelling. However, maybe some good will come of this. People will start reading the Bible, including ther Old Testament and the Apocrypha, and see what the Church does and what the Bible says differ immensely.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   

...see what the Church does and what the Bible says differ immensely.

That's because of the interpretations of the bible. See, people in the world all view it differently. That is why there can be no single view. I was going to post the groups here, but there are so many group families, and then sub-groups and sub-sub-groups, that the list would go on and on. Suffice it to say that since many groups cannot agree on the actual meaning of certain things, they differ.

I find it interesting that you seem to have figured out the ultimate message and actually seem surprised that "the Church" hasn't figured out what you have.

Now, I'm actually not a church supporter, funny enough...but I do support differences in opinion, especially with regard to interpretation. I don't think anyone can say they have figured the singular meaning of the bible and claim to fully understand the depth. complexity, or intent.

[Edited on 4-3-2004 by ZeddicusZulZorander]

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Do you think they would make him (J.C.) pay full price to see this movie? He should get senior citizen rates at least...and free refills on the popcorn.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I personally feel that Mel did an excellent job. It portrays the events of the last 12 hours of Christ's life well and realistically. The brutality shown actually happened, it was depicted to rattle Christians out of their complacent view of Christ and what He did for us. It reminded us that Christ didn't just come down here and make it all better with a kiss, He suffered and died so that we would have a chance at salvation. I say a chance because it still requires an active role on our part to seek Him and His will. Thats what the Bible is there for. The Bible is the inspired and sometimes direct word of God, annointed by God to be a spiritual guide for our lives as Christians. The Old Testament generally acts as a law book, historical accountance of Israel, and description of what one had to do before Christ came. The New Testament is our spiritual guide, it describes salvation, Jesus Christs death and resurection and what that means, how we should live our lives, and many parables and epistles on Christian morality. As for race, does that matter? As someone said, it doesn't matter if Jesus was white, black, red, green, or blue, all that matters is His message.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
How long did it take? Less than a week and the movie has already morphed into the perversion of graven images and sexual depravity for "sex clubs" and matrons and patrons of S&M alike.

I was searching "masochist" and "Jesus" last night trying to find psychological white papers on the crucifiction lore and *WOOT* der it is...

Mistress De Sade (whatever) blogs on the eroticism of the Passion of Christ. Some Orlando web mistress talking about her Domme outing to see Passion and how turned on they all got getting "new ideas" for their little masochistic subbies.... complete with links to Christian websites for subbies to order their own leather bound crucifiction nails to wear as a symbol of subserviance.

She was talking about getting a black market copy for parties and private re-enactments "coming soon."

Congratulations Mel. Hope you enjoy your Judas money for selling off Christ's image of suffering to the lowest common denominator. It's not Mel's fault, but it is to be expected.

Madonna didn't popularize wearing crucifixes in the 80's because they were a sign of piety.

No I didn't bookmark it. Search for your own perversions of His image stemming from the movie hysteria. They're out there and growing.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
The bible doesn't say Jesus was black.

And I heard somewhere that it said he was white.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Brittany
You didn't seem to post too much of a review... mostly just about racial aspects... hmmm ok...
*edit* but I do agree with you that jesus will be angry

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by Brittany]

thats what colonel is all about. race. he and al shrpton. people like colonel give politics a bad name.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Please explain how the church and bible contradict itself?

Do you even attend church? How simplisticly the mass was stated. Each mass has lines of the scripture read and each sunday there is a teaching and each person leaves mass with a new teaching of how to be a better person or do the right thing.

It is not just....

"a 15 minute feel good session", " a little singing", and "a bread and wine comsuming ritual"!

later,

Reason

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by REASON

Please explain how the church and bible contradict itself?

Do you even attend church? How simplisticly the mass was stated. Each mass has lines of the scripture read and each sunday there is a teaching and each person leaves mass with a new teaching of how to be a better person or do the right thing.

It is not just....

"a 15 minute feel good session", " a little singing", and "a bread and wine comsuming ritual"!

later,

Reason

he probally doesnt even go to curch. you forget that hes a left wing nut and they want to get rid of religion in the country. god is the state the state is good kinda bull #

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Wow, colonel, at the beginning of this thread, I pretty much disagreed with the majority of your posts, but now I almost agree 100 percent. You bring up EXTREMELY good points, especially in references to scripture regarding images and idols.
Thanks for bringing these things to my attention!

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   
"While they were eating, Jesus took bread, gave thanks and broke it, and gave it to his disciples, saying, "Take and eat; this is my body." -Matthew 26:26

Now, maybe its my eyes playing tricks on me, but bread is usually brown, that of a middle eastern man. Now unless this bread was burnt, i'd say Jesus had a middle eastern complection. Now i'm not just going by this passage, but this is just an example.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't believe that jesus was reffering to the bread as the same COLOR as his body... That sounds a little odd.
I'm sure that he meant it to have deeper meaning than skin color.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 07:52 PM
link   

I don't believe that jesus was reffering to the bread as the same COLOR as his body... That sounds a little odd.

haha, yeah i thought about that after I posted, i'm sure if you looked through the bible you'd eventually find something to prove he's not black. But really, can't we just drop this B.S about Jesus's race?

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TekNo88

haha, yeah i thought about that after I posted, i'm sure if you looked through the bible you'd eventually find something to prove he's not black. But really, can't we just drop this B.S about Jesus's race?

try getting that by colonel

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Subject: PAUL HARVEY (THE REST OF THE STORY)

Here's one that's worth reading.

Years ago a hardworking man took his family from New York State to
Australia to take advantage of a work opportunity there. Part of this man's
family was a handsome son who had aspirations of joining the circus as a
trapeze artist or an actor.

This young fellow, biding his time until a circus job or even as a
stagehand came along, worked at the local shipyards which bordered on the
worse section of town.

Walking home from work one evening, this young man was attacked by five
thugs who wanted to rob him. Instead of just giving up his money the young
fellow resisted. However they bested him easily and proceeded to beat him
to a pulp.

They mashed his face with their boots, and kicked and beat his body
brutally with clubs, leaving him for dead. When the pol ice happened to find
him lying in the road they assumed he was dead and called for the Morgue Wagon.

On the way to the morgue, a policeman heard him gasp for air, and they
immediately took him to the emergency unit at the hospital.

When he was placed on a gurney, a nurse remarked to her horror, that this
young man no longer had a face. His eye socket was smashed, his skull, legs
and arms fractured, his nose literally hanging from his face, all his teeth
were gone, and his jaw was almost completely torn from his skull.

Although his life was spared, he spent over a year in the hospital.
When he finally left, his body may have healed but his face was disgusting to
look at. He was no longer the handsome youth that everyone admired. When
the young man started to look for work again, he was turned down by
everyone just on account of the way he looked. One potential employer
suggested to him that he join the freak show at the circus as "The man who
had no face." And he did this for a while. He was still rejected by
everyone and no one wanted to be seen in his company. He had thoughts of
suicide. This went on for 5 years.

One day he passed a church and sought some solace there. Entering the
church he encountered a priest who had seen him sobbing while kneeling in a
pew. The priest took pity on him and took him to the rectory where they
talked at length. The priest was impressed with him to such a degree that
he said that he would do everything possible for him that could be done to
restore his dignity and life, if the young man would promise to be the best
Catholic he could be, and trust in God's mercy to free him from his
torturous life.

The young man went to Mass and Communion every day, and after thanking God
for saving his life, asked God to only give him peace of mind and the grace
to be the best man he could ever be in His eyes.

The priest, through his personal contacts was able to secure the services
of the best plastic surgeon in Australia. There would be no cost to the
young man, as the doctor was the priest's best friend. The doctor too was
so impressed by the young man, who outlook now on life, even though he had
expe rienced the worst, was filled with good humor and love.

The surgery was a miraculous success. All the best dental work was also
done for him. The young man became everything he promised God he would be.

He was also blessed with a wonderful, beautiful wife, and many children,
and success in an industry, which would have been the furthest thing from
his mind as a career, if not for the goodness of God and the love of the
people who cared for him. This he acknowledges publicly.

The Rest Of The Story

The young man was and is.......Mel Gibson.

His life was the inspiration for his production of the movie "The Man
Without A Face." He is to be admired by all of us as a God fearing man, a
political conservative, and an example to all as a true man of courage.

And to think I admired him before I knew any of this!! He is quite a man!!!!

Paul Harvey

This may help us understand why Mel Gibson has been so committed to his
latest movie venture as director of, "The Passion." Gibson is once again
being attacked. This time because of his blunt honesty and commitment to
Biblical accuracy in his vivid portrayal of the crucifixion of Jesus Christ.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Wow, colonel, at the beginning of this thread, I pretty much disagreed with the majority of your posts, but now I almost agree 100 percent. You bring up EXTREMELY good points, especially in references to scripture regarding images and idols.
Thanks for bringing these things to my attention!

I'm real tired now but, I'm glad that you can I could share my thoughts with you.

RANT: Thanks for holding up the fort while I seek to get my strength back....

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join