It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

National Tomato shortage ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Okay I was too busy to make dinner so I swung by a Wendy's fastfood chain today. At the drive-in window is a sign that says due to national shortages Wendy's would no longer offer tomato on any of its items.

I was told by the girl at the window that other chain restaurants are also not able to offer tomatos.

I never thought I'd see the day when basic foods such as rice and oil (costco is restricting sales) and tomatos would be in short supply.

Is this worldwide or just in the USA ?

I wasnt so sure about the conspiracy rumors about the elite trying to starve the "surplus" population but now Im not so sure what to believe.

Good thing I grow my own tomatos

[edit on 9-6-2008 by admriker444]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
i went and got my boys some burgers earlier and same thing. weird huh?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by admriker444

There is a salmonella outbreak going on right now in several states linked to raw tomatoes.

www.medicalnewstoday.com...

The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) is warning consumers in New Mexico and Texas not to eat certain types of raw red tomatoes as they could be contaminated with an uncommon form of Salmonella that is rarely fatal to healthy humans but can cause death in vulnerable people. Reports of illnesses in 7 other states are also being investigated.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
No shortage. Far from it. 22 states reporting a St. Paul? form of salmonella outbreak. Particularly nasty strain. It is prevention control.
Last year spinach, this year tomatos. Grocers are pulling them too.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
ya theres no shortage i work in the produce business and there have been areas all over with salmonella outbreaks in the tomatoes and now their making us take off the ones that arent even from the know effected

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
interestedalwys beat you to the punch on this one my friend.

You may find the Thread located here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join