It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCellan to Testify in CIA Leak case!!!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I just herard him break the news on Olberman.......Story Breaking.

Link

WASHINGTON - President George W. Bush's former spokesman, Scott McClellan, will testify before a US House of Representatives' committee next week about whether Vice President Dick Cheney ordered him to make misleading public statements about the leaking of CIA agent Valerie Plame's identity.

HUGE!!!!

[edit on 9-6-2008 by kleverone]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:11 PM
link   
what i really want is for him to testify on the lying about iraq to get us into war. then we can get bush and cheney brought up on war crimes for killing over 100,000 iraqi civilians.

....but that will never happen so i suppose this will have to do.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRepublic
....but that will never happen so i suppose this will have to do.

Baby steps my friend.

I feel ya though, I hope this opens doors.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Yes this will be interesting if he testifies, but Bush may also invoke executive privilege to keep him from doing it.

Bush spokeswoman Dana Perino, however, said Friday that the White House says it could invoke executive privilege and prevent McClellan from testifying before the committee, but it has not decided whether to do so. Video Watch the White House slam McClellan's book »

"The law would allow for that," Perino said, "but by saying that I am not suggesting that's what would happen or not.

"We don't have a formal request yet," she said. "It's not a decision we would make prior to getting a formal request."

But Wexler said that any White House claims of executive privilege would be invalid because McClellan had put much of the information in the public domain with book and multiple television appearances.

Congressman wants McClellan to testify under oath

This along with the security deal in Iraq, I think George has his hands full.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   
Will Bush, or members of his Administration, still be able to invoke executive privilege once they are out of office?

McCellan stated on Olberman that all he knows is already in his book, but that he will testify to what he wrote. Did you know that outting an Active CIA Agent is treason?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I pray with all my heart that the goons don't execute Scott McClellan before he can testify.

Unfortunately, I keep expecting to hear that south of the border political assassinations are popping off like popcorn ... in part I expect that because what the USA wrought in Central America will in time come to their own shores and bite them but good. The book Predatory States covers this topic very well and it is only a matter of time before the Bush/Cheney/Clinton types resort to widespread death squads.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
McCellan stated on Olberman that all he knows is already in his book

Hmmmm...

Why was he on Olbermann? why was he on all the other MSM shows?

Book maybe????

I don't trust anyone who works in our nation's capital, so I won't fall for this obvious money grabbing incident by the former WH spokesman.

Do not be SOOOOOO ready to lynch the current administration, that you ignore this obvious attempt to line McClellan's pockets.

Wasn't his book #1 on the list, top ten at least.....

A power play, the DEMS will use this in the upcoming election...

I don't need a Crystal ball to see how this will all pan out....

ed: sp

[edit on 6/9/2008 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Most excellent! I don't know if Bush's executive privilege can stop the testimony if McCellan is willing ot testify. It seemed like to me the only reason they were able to block the others is because they were willing to hide behind Bush. But I don't know jack about this so, who knows??

All I can say is that I bet Bush and Cheney, well maybe not Cheney, are #ting their pants! YEEHAW BRING 'EM ON!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by JacKatMtn

maybe he put out a book so he didnt wind up in a park somewere in DC with two bullets in the back of his head having commited "suicide"

why would you make excuses for this disgusting administration? i dont care one way or another about how much money scott makes from his book, but the information in it is true.

we were sold on this war with false info. now bushes press secratary is saying it. making excuses for bush is like making excuses for hitler. both started wars of aggression and killed countless innocents.

and unfortunatly neither will ever be brought to trial.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRepublic

I am not making excuses for this administration, (last time I looked, McClellan was part of the admin).

I am just pointing out an obvious point that most choose to ignore.

I am disgusted with EVERY SINGLE ONE of OUR elected representatives, REP/DEM/IND.

This happens every four years, it is so easy to point the finger at one.

It is more difficult to point the blame at them all.

I choose to blame the whole lot.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Remember John Dean of Watergate fame is calling McClellan "limited hangout". Which means the worst accusation McClellan makes is that Bush was trying to spread democracy to the Middle East.

My take away is this would be considered a misguided but "noble" pursuit by the current admin. In the same way Reagan and Ollie were cleared of just being gung ho patriots, never mind the law!! Wrap this turd in a flag and it doesn't smell so bad.

Anyway I hope something comes of it ...but I expect not. It appears McClellan is still "serving" the propaganda. Maybe he will trip up on a technicality...let's hope.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Another sacrificial lamb going to the slaughter...public hearing AND under oath, oooh doggie, this might be juicy! But most likely, he tossed that book out, in the hopes of making enough cash to cover his lawyer fees and take his place on the altar...another scapegoat hiding the "behind the scenes" goings on.

I wish it was going to be juicier then it probably is, but since Bush and Cheney are out the door soon anyway, I doubt anything will come of it. But I guess you never know!

Thanks for posting KleverOne!

join