It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas town releases name of drug found in water; They're not the only ones

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Drinking water in Arlington, Texas, tested positive for trace concentrations of the anti-anxiety medication meprobamate, city officials revealed Monday in response to a series of public records requests.

In a February interview with The Associated Press, Mayor Robert Cluck said trace concentrations of one pharmaceutical had been found in treated drinking water, but he declined to name it. He said revealing the name in the post-9/11 world could cause a terrorist to intentionally release more of the drug, causing harm to residents.

The AP reported in March that trace concentrations of pharmaceuticals have been detected in drinking water systems for 24 major U.S. metropolitan areas, affecting 41 million Americans.

hosted.ap.org... I the only one that has serious problems with this whole thing. They don't want to release the chemicals name, but also tell us that a huge amount of cities are already affected...
I think it is because they don't want us to know that we are becoming a Zoloft nation, whether we like it or not. Remember, our government likes to test on us, and they also put many things in the water already....

[edit on 9-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Okay, I see the flags, but no responses? Lets face it people, between chem-trails, immunizations, and water consumption, they have us all covered except our food.... oh wait...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

Do you have a link for your article? I would like to read all of it.

Is there any clue how this drug is getting into the water supply?

Who else is reporting this drug in their water supplies?

It makes me wonder what else is in there!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I suspect the reason the local governments don't want to talk is that they either cannot or do not want to do something about the situation. If enough people get concerned then people will want a solution. There is probably a huge cost involved in a fix.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Their reason for not wanting to release the name of the drug is highly dubious. In fact, it is utter non-sense. Interestingly, meprobamate is rarely prescribed these days. However, the muscle-relaxer Soma (carisoprodol) is widely prescribed. The body metabolizes carisoprodol into meprobamate, which is then excreted through the urine.

Drugs and Human Performance Fact Sheet
Interpretation of Urine Test Results: Both drugs are excreted into the urine and are likely be detectable for several days following cessation of use. Less than 1% of a single oral dose of carisoprodol is excreted unchanged in the 24 hour urine, with meprobamate accounting for 4.7% of the dose. Following administration of meprobamate, up to 11% of a single dose is excreted in the urine in 24 hours.

I guess we know where a lot of their water is coming from. At least they recycle.

[edit on 6/9/2008 by Rotoplooker]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I think this is absolutely great news that people are coming out and making this public.

I am 100% certain people new about this for a very long while, and some type of intervention is making these things become public. I am so proud of the people that are helping the world. This is just really great.

I suggest everyone boil their water and treat their water and store it. Just until all this evil is erased, and these problems are fixed. We can do this.

Just the other day the news released the dangers of food coloring on national television! This is the revolution we have all been waiting for.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
In reading the article, I find it interesting in lacking several other details. They had tested these compounds in the parts per trillion range. I'd be curious about retesting and seeing if there was a false positive result.

Other compounds, much more of problematic or difficult for water treatment was left out of the article. I'd be concerned about trihalomethane compounds or their precursors available in concentration.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Let's face it, the Bilderbergers and their minions are drugging you down through the tap water.

They want to keep you docile before they add you to the contigent to be "depopulated".

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   

The USA government is as evil as the British one, and neither deserve to exist. If the USA's huddled masses awoke for a moment from their drug-induced, television-brainwashed stupor, they would rise up in revolution.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Sorry, here is the link to the article...
hosted.ap.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:17 PM
link   
A poster on the breaking news thread for this topic brought up an interesting point. Why would I ever think that a terrorist was out to hurt me by putting anti-depressants in my water? Anyone ever see the old movie "Arsenic and Old Lace"? They didn't put Prozac in that tea.

So is this just the governments way to drug us? I don't even know where to begin digging. Now taking suggestions...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
See my thread that extensively researches DRUGS in our water supply in the US.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Title: Everybody in Los Angeles is a DRUG FIEND!

Drugs in our water? Where is it coming from? Consensus (and logic) says it is coming from peoples urine. Yes its gross - but it follows - People are on meds, painkillers, heart meds, steroids etc, some drugs do not metabolize as easily as others, and the filtration, purification is not 100%, therefore, drugs (in trace amounts) in our drinking water.

Trace meds in water is not tested, nor filtered out, since there exists no fed or local mandates as yet for city water supply to test or filter it.

For more background check my thread..

[edit on 9-6-2008 by battlestargalactica]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by battlestargalactica

OOOOHHH! Much better thread than mine! Lol, care to bring any highlights over? I don't want to dissect your thread badly...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Yea I put alot of time into that thread since it was (and is) potentially alarming. Feel free to clip my thread and add to yours. I also edited my prev post with some summary info..

Some attention has been brought to the matter my local and state officials, but imo not enough attention..

Sure the drugs are trace, however there are literally hundreds of drugs, all mixed up as in a cocktail, to be found in the water. The interaction and effects of which on healthy or otherwise persons, is uncharted. Fish and other aquatic life have been found with both male and female sex organs at one effluent past a treatment plant.

Also: san francisco has meds that are related to sexual switching prevalent in the population, so it follows that much of these meds are to be found in that citys water supply, and sure enough, these meds are found there in that water.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:49 PM
link   

I think it is because many Texas towns recycle waste water that there are trace elements of psychotic drugs in their water. Many people are being drugged to the gills ,so it's not surprising that it ends up in our water once it is recycled. What comes around goes around something those who advocate drugging the people they do not like into oblivion ought to consider. Then again maybe those hypocrites own drinking wells or natural springs.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Boiling most likely will NOT remove the meds in water. These meds are persistant, and made to metabolize in the body (some do so more than others). So since its made to metabolize and not break down due to heating effects, boiling won't do the trick. The only sure way is to DISTILL water. This is boiling 100% of the water till it rises as steam, then collecting the steam only and condensing it and collecting this condensate. Same cycle as what makes clouds and rain.

I have a home distiller
and its a pain in the ass, but drinking the water won't make my voice high, yay!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Don't think I disagree with those of you who think our water is being tampered with. I am not a fan of flouride. Taking antidepressants is no different to some people than taking aspirin so this is not a surprise to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Since dosage content is usualy higher to make sure the body gets enough during metabolism, the excess surely enters the water system. Boiling will get certain compounds but not most. Even filters are not adequate to rid water of them. The bigest drug contaminate that I've read about is Tylenol (acetaminiphine) and Motrin (ibuprofen) type drugs. This has been known since the 60's. They found trace amounts of Milltown in NYC water when that was the largest prescribed drug then!

Zindo

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:40 PM
link   
This is the same exact thing the Nazis did..

Unfortunately some of them reside in the states and still conduct their own "tests" on innocent people. Hitler dreamed of contaminating the water on earth.

I saw one guy on a satellite talk show and he had his own box filtering system that didnt use chemicals to clean water and he claimed to be able to clean any kind of dirty water, sewage, oils, etc etc. He did it on stage to and proved it worked. I wonder how long itll be till they hand them out to residents since he talked about doing so.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by topsecretombomb]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by topsecretombomb

That machine is called the "slingshot" and it comes from the guy who created the Segway. It was on Colbert, and I wrote that guy an e-mail begging for any job so that I could help push that wonderful product.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join