It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

John Kerry the anti christ?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   
"Hebrew expression must needs be understood of some idolatrous emblem, the setting up of which would entail the ultimate desolation of the Temple of Jerusalem (I Mach. i, 57; iv, 38). And with this general meaning in view, they proceed to determine the historical event between Our Lord's prediction and the ruin of the Temple (A. D. 70), which should be regarded as "the abomination of desolation" spoken of in St. Matthew, xxiv, 15, and St. Mark, xiii, 14. But here they are again divided. Many scholars have thought, and still think, that the introduction of the Roman standards into the Holy Land, and more particularly into the Holy City, shortly before the destruction of the Temple, is the event foretold by Our Lord to His disciples as the signal for their flight from Judea."
www.newadvent.org...

"According to Daniel's vision, these four kings were to be followed by a �small horn.� This horn was to take away the daily sacrifices of the temple (verse 11). Of course, at the time of Daniel's prophecy no temple existed in Jerusalem and no sacrifices were being offered; the temple had been destroyed in the Babylonian invasions several decades before Daniel recorded this prophecy.
However, shortly after Daniel wrote his book his fellow refugees from Judah were allowed to return to their homeland. There they rebuilt Jerusalem and the temple and renewed the temple sacrifices.
Daniel's vision then sweeps across time some 31/2 centuries into the future, to 167 B.C. At that time one of the Seleucid rulers, Antiochus IV (Antiochus Epiphanes), invaded Judah (Daniel 8:23-27)."
www.gnmagazine.org...

"That prophecy spoken by Jesus Christ is going to be fulfilled somewhere in the area of the Temple Mount in Jerusalem. But what exactly did He mean by "abomination of desolation"? First, the location, as specified in the prophecy. Jerusalem is in Judea, and the "Holy Place" (i.e. the Temple Mount, seen in the link above) is in Jerusalem. Can we therefore be sure that this is the Place To Watch? Since the last Temple was destroyed by the Roman Army in 70 A.D., a new Temple (apart from the Christian meaning and application of the word Temple) must be constructed by the Jewish people before the "abomination of desolation" can occur in it."
www.keyway.ca...

1 Kings 11:7 (NKJV) Then Solomon built a high place for Chemosh the abomination of Moab, on the hill that is east of Jerusalem, and for Molech the abomination of the people of Ammon.

Ezekiel 5:11 (NKJV) 'Therefore, as I live,' says the Lord GOD, 'surely, because you have defiled My sanctuary with all your detestable things and with all your abominations, therefore I will also diminish you; My eye will not spare, nor will I have any pity.

Abomination of desolation" is a Hebrew expression, meaning an abominable or hateful destroyer. To the Jews, the "abomination of desolation" spoken of by Daniel brought to their minds the Assyrian ruler Antiochus Epiphanes.

Daniel 9:26 (NKJV) "And after the sixty-two weeks Messiah shall be cut off, but not for Himself; And the people of the prince who is to come Shall destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end of it shall be with a flood, And till the end of the war desolations are determined. 27 Then he shall confirm a covenant with many for one week; But in the middle of the week He shall bring an end to sacrifice and offering. And on the wing of abominations shall be one who makes desolate, Even until the consummation, which is determined, Is poured out on the desolate."

This passage clearly refers to something which is to follow the coming and death of Messiah; i.e. to something connected with the destruction of Jerusalem by the Romans.

Mt. 24:15-16 "When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand
Then let them which be in Judaea (now national Isreal) flee into the mountains:"

Mark 13:1-37

Jesus had just told the disciples that their beautiful temple would one day be completely destroyed. They asked Him, "Tell us, when will these things be, and what will be the sign when all these things are going to be fulfilled (v.4)." And behind their question was also the idea that the end of the Temple would be the end of the world. Matthew tells us that that is part of their question. But Jesus says that that is not so and, as He answers their question, He separates these two great events from one another.

The end of the Temple would be clearly forewarned by certain dramatic events. On the other hand, about the end of the world, there would be no warning at all (v.28ff. cf. v.32f.).

The age of the Temple would end with a great disaster which the Lord's people are told to flee from when they see these dramatic events happening. But from the end of the world there is, of course, no escape at all (v.14).

Near the end of the Temple would be a time when there is a ferment of expectation and all sorts of people would be claiming to be Christ. When the real Christ does come again at the end of the world, He will come completely unannounced and it will be an age like the time of Noah. There may well be widespread unbelief, but not necessarily a time of huge upheaval.

So Jesus tells His disciples that things like wars and rumours of wars, earthquakes and famines are simply par for the course in a world ruined by sin. And, although there will be an outbreak of them soon, that is not end of world. It is, in fact, only the beginning of birthpains.
So, if you like, the troubles of this world in days since the Lord Jesus Christ walked upon the earth - and they have gone on more or less unabated but sometimes worse, sometimes less - are simply labour pains. The Lord is bringing to birth out of this old world a new world in which peace and righteousness will rule over the people He has saved out of this old world. And the devil will not allow his vicegrip on nations of mankind to be broken easily.

Our text this morning is the verses 9-23. And in this passage Jesus is speaking of the time leading up to the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem and the end of the Jewish Church age. What does He say about that? The thing that really stands out is the abomination of desolation He speaks of in v.14: "But when you see the abomination of desolation standing where it should not be (let the reader understand), then let those who are in Judea flee to the mountains." And whatever that is, it is going to result in a time of tribulation. V.19 tells us about that: "For those days will be a time of tribulation such as has not occurred since the beginning of the creation which God created, until now, and never shall."
www.rcnz.org.nz...

Shallst I keep going?

Oh Yeah, This has turned into a debate.
I have have put pages of information in front of you, many with links. Credibility of the Bible is based on faith. You have accused me of being wrong, but have not come with any defense of your words. I have defended what I have said, with links, and in my own words. If this was a discussion, we would be "TALKING" about the Anti-Christ and the Abomination of Desolation. You came at me for my post at trying to answer somebodies question in this thread. Since then you continue to argue with me(as I do With you), except you have nothing backing your actions.
The question is not wether I am right or wrong, but have given more than sufficient evidance to back my postings up.
I did not curse at you in this thread, nor have I made any doragatory comments towards you.
I quoted someone else. If you wanted to take this into the debate forum and let other people decide on this, I would make you look silly.

Peace

Trick

Unless you want to back up your comments and have a resonable discussion on this, I am through with you.

Have a Nice Day

[Edited on 7-3-2004 by TrickmastertricK]

ET3

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Someone once said, if they can't explain it in a paragraph, they don�t know what they are talking about. Or do ones get paid by the word here, earn points or some such thing?

anti christos a two part composite word translate it. It is still in latin people.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET3
Someone once said, if they can't explain it in a paragraph, they don�t know what they are talking about. Or do ones get paid by the word here, earn points or some such thing?

anti christos a two part composite word translate it. It is still in latin people.

Well then I guess 95% of the Members on this site have no idea what they are talking about huh

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Is it that hard to figure out that antichrist wouldbe "against christ". Not the literal meaning of "annointed ones" etc, the actual true Christ; Jesus Christ. That's my take on the deal... Why's that hard to understand? Sure there might be a lot more into it, but that's the basic deal.

posted on Mar, 7 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by FieryIce1

Originally posted by TrickmastertricK

The Abomination of desolation is the destruction of the Temple and Jerusalem

If you want we can debate this.
To Quote Eminem "Give me a one on one, see if I don't **** you up!"

The Abomination of Desolation is mention in Dan 11:31, Dan 12:11, Mat 24:15 and Mar 13:14. The Abomination of Desolation is a thing that is set up at the time when the daily sacrifice is taken away; it is not the destruction of the Temple or the destruction of Jerusalem. Details are getting twisted.

TrickMaster, this is a discussion but a debate with you, (I assume that was directed towards me) when a discussion results in vulgarity why would I subject myself to even more heated vulgarity?

He stooped to vulgarity due to the fact you antagonized him and refused to acknowledge the truth he had cited with his scripture, Im not picking on you just pointing out the facts or so they seem from reading the posts.

ET3

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Just a simple mater of diplomacy, Jesus as King is kicking booty. Most ain�t got a clue, and sure as hell can�t afford one. No oil in their lamps so to speak. Just deceptions,,, too funny.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I do not see it happening. I doubt that Anti-Christ will even hail from the U.S. I am of the oppinion that the U.S. will be one of the three kingdoms to rebel against Anti-Christ, and the global authority. Why? We are full of rebelious history. Why break tradition now? John Kerry could fit the bill I suppose but........I do not think he quite fits the bill. In fact, this area (biblical prophecy) is my expertise. Feel free to visit my website and read my series on Revelation.

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ET3

Yes ET3, I have also read it worded:
If you can't dazzle them with your brilliance by just one short paragraph then baffle them with regurgitated discharge filling the table with vomit.

Exactly, define the word antichristos!!!!

posted on Mar, 8 2004 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent47
He stooped to vulgarity due to the fact you antagonized him and refused to acknowledge the truth he had cited with his scripture

Thank you, Agent47
I never accept someone�s so called truth without verifying it first.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hey i'm new here, but would just like to mention 2 things.

1st John Kerry IS of Jewish decent

2nd the Antichrist will come out of the old Roman Empire
and the False Prophet will be of Jewish decent, thus making me think Kerry "may" be The False Prophet

Here's the proof he's Jewish, and its on many other sources too

www.foxnews.com...

[Edited on 24-3-2004 by JJPguy]

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:26 AM
link   
According to the scriptures, the Anti-Christ will "Not desire women" so he cannot be married, I think this will help exclude some possibilities. Second he will be a brilliant man having all the answers. A person like Bill Gates who has changed the internet and made it possible for every day people to use computers with the introduction of his software. The internet is the network the Anti-Christ will use to control all buying and selling. They have changed the name from "World Wide Web"(Think of a Spiders Web) to the "Internet" (Enter the NET, think of a fishing net) They both catch unsuspecting victims unaware of the trap they have entered. Satan loves to put things right before our noses and then laughs at our blindness and failure to see the truth right before our eyes.

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by EliteXizer
The bible says the anti christ will be well-liked. Kerry is evil.

So just cause someone is well-liked, automatically makes them the anti-christ now?

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Im not sure if John Kerry is the "actual" anti-christ, but it would be reasonable to assume the he could be
"a " anti-christ as there have been many..consider Stalin or Hitler (2 John 7)(1 John 2:18-22). As far as the "actual" anti-christ" the popular view, among pople I know anyway, believes that he will be of middle easturn decent. I dont think John Kerry is of middle easturn decent. But then again..you just never can tell about these things.

posted on Mar, 24 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Yeh, in the Bible it says the real anti-christ will be well loved by all the people of the world (except true believers of God) and lead them away from religion and what is right.

I dont think the American government is very liked right now, or trusted.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot

Originally posted by EliteXizer
John Kerry seems like a shady character to me...he is suspicious.

I've been telling people the same thing for a while now. I dont what it is but something doesn't seem right with him. The guy to tell you the truth scares me even more than Bush does.

John Kerry is a scary man, he has ties to some pretty unsavory things.. and Im not talking about the skull and bones. He is also a great supporter of Israel. He recently gave a speech entitled something like Israel, friend of america. What is interesting about that is that at a time when even the hard core fundie, Bush is being pretty silent about Israel, Kerry is speaking out, quite loudly about their right to build the wall, how they are a friend.. how their cause is our cause. Also, Kerry's words define him as even more militant then Bush. He thinks bush has not done enough.

"We have seen what happens when Palestinian youth have been fed a diet of anti-Israel propaganda." � John Kerry

"We need a major initiative in public diplomacy to bridge the divide between Islam and the rest of the world. For the education of the next generation of Islamic youth, we need an international effort ..." � John Kerry

"I will strengthen the capacity of intelligence and law enforcement at home and forge stronger international coalitions to provide better information and the best chance to target and capture terrorists even before they act." � John Kerry

"I will not hesitate to order direct military action when needed to capture and destroy terrorist groups and their leaders." � John Kerry

I've thought Wesley Clark was a possible antichrist candidate since day one.. he's jewish.. he is militant.. he led the bombing campigns in kosovo.. he may be our next vp. He is involved with NED, one shady ass organization.. I can go on an on about NED.. looking for the NWO? Look no farther then that bunch of facist freaks.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Maybe Maitreya is one of the false prophets?

Hes like a trickster/magician wouldn't you say?

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The antichrist would be someone that it would be impossible to claim as being the antichrist. He would be such a noble person...he would instantly captivate his audiences...we would understand that is the antichrist after he has done his evil deeds.

John Kerry certainly does not meet the above requirements.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:22 PM
link   
The antichrist is someone that will come out of nowhere and rise to power quickly and take control quickly...He will come acting like he wants peace, but will use weapons to get it. Depending on your religious believe and Bible interpretation, Rapture will happen before the AC is revealed and that is basically your "Get out of Tribulation free" card. I base this on the Left Behind series where the AC is a rebel leader in an Eastern Bloc country that takes control of the country, then the UN and mesmerizes those who do not believe with his power.
Is Kerry "the One"? I do not believe so. He is not charismatic enough. Or maybe because I am a believer and saved I can see thru his BS...I don't know...
I would say when he comes, you will know it, but if you are not saved, there is no guarantee of that.
I am not preaching, just clarifying...

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   
Not sure why you people think that Kerry will be the antichrist and don't even really take into consideration that Maitreya or the next pope could be the antichrist. I very highly doubt that Kerry will be the antichrist. Like someone said, we will not know who the antichrist is, we will not expect him to be the antichrist because he will be such a good person. This is why I think it would be feasable for a pope or one who claims to be some kind of messiah would fit the bill.

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 12:27 PM
link   
kerry isn't able to get himself out of the waffle house much less be an anti christ.

Yes. new bumpersticker.
the anti christ snowboards into secret service men.

much less an anti christ and more a poor senator and president hopefull.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join