It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Man Predicting End of World Will Be August 2, 2008

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   
the olympics kick off on the 8th of the 8th of '08'
my birthday is on the 6th. i will be 23.... unlucky
the 1st will be a total solar eclipse for parts of the northern hemisphere

In Finnish, the month is called elokuu, meaning "month of reaping" or literally, "month of life".

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-6-2008 by spearhead]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Lunatic, I'd say. With delusions of grandeur.
He's not God we all are.

- Lee

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by spearhead
the olympics kick off on the 8th of the 8th of '08'
my birthday is on the 6th. i will be 23.... unlucky
the 1st will be a total solar eclipse for parts of the northern hemisphere

In Finnish, the month is called elokuu, meaning "month of reaping" or literally, "month of life".

en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 29-6-2008 by spearhead]

lol AND!?

This has what to do with some mad person saying the world is comign to an end, like mad people have been saying from the time when mad people were walking the streets.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:22 AM
link   
So let me understand this: the guy says the world will essentially end on Aug 2 and noone will be left on the planet. He is the Son of Man and will then rule the planet. Rule whom exactly? Everyone has been wiped-out.

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

No, but i slammed his sandwich board and flattened him out.

That makes him one flat son of a man sandwich. Did he see that end comming. hehe.

p.s. I need a new calendar. No wonder the mayans made their calendar so big, it was to fit all the "End is Nigh" dates in.

[edit on 29-6-2008 by atlasastro]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Coincidence

news.yahoo.com...:p

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Glo-Worm

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Gloworm,

I fully understand you.

Nothing is going to happen- dont even think about it.

BTW, anyone tell you you need a keyboard to post thoughts here?

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Naah, not sad, DG. Just means you have your priorities in order. Your family first, everything else third. Nothing at all wrong with that...

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Half sane...huh. Kind of a glass half full take on this stability. I might go with half insane or maybe 2/3 insane.

posted on Jul, 16 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question Fate
a lot of people are predicting something to happen between august 2nd and august 10th.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Question Fate]

For real, I'm predicting the coming of August 3rd through the 9th. Eeire

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Let me make one thing perfectly clear?

If you look at the story, and click the link, its an account of someone else encountering this "nut".

I was NOT at the scene.

Dont shoot the messenger- I posted it for the amusement value of it.

I dont beleive everything i post- and i think i make it clear most of the time!!

BUT- who knows, right? He may have something there. This is why ATS is so wonderful.

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
No way thats going to happen,my grandson turns on the 3rd,and just bought him new guitar lol

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I read in scriptures. If you try and save your life (i.e. pack up food, store away for end of times) you would lose your life, but if you give your life then it will be saved. I think this has to do with faith and belief. Remember what happened to Lot's wife when she looked back and was told not to? Lot was told not to pack anything and just go with the angels or he'd face death. He listened but his wife didn't and she turned into a pillar of salt.

A guy in LA claiming to be the son of man? Maybe he is but I'm sure you could go to any state right now and find someone who claims this.

In scriptures they also talk about false Christs and what to watch out for.

"Then if any man shall say unto you; lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not. For there shall arise false Christs and false prophets and shall show great signs and wonders; in so much that if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Behold I have told you before. Wherefore, if they shall say unto you; behold He is in the desert; go not forth: behold He is in the secret chambers; believe it not." Matt. 24:23-26.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
If this man truly knows and believes his bible he would know that 'no man shall know the hour or the day'.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
Well, the day is all wrong

I'm leaving for Phoenix on August 9 so it would be very inconvenient

I think pretty soon all predictions will be going to the 2009 year, and eventually, they will come true.

Unless it ended already but we dont know it and we are all in the afterlife still living on some other plane, and come to find out, THIS world can end too??? that blows my little mind.

posted on Jul, 27 2008 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I hope it all destroys itself. It sounds mean, but I think we are a little overdue. I dont want to sound like a....

Maybe I have been here to long, ATS included, and maybe I have lived too long of 29 years, who knows. Part of me wants it to end quick, like Los Roques

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join