It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Man Predicting End of World Will Be August 2, 2008

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:33 AM
link   
A complete and utter fruit cake.

Sorry DG, but he may be able to memorise some stuff but many will come and claim they are he, but they will not be.

Big G will roll up this little game when he sees fit, not when some human says he will.

Still I can see why it made you go 'what if!'

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes I wouldn't take his words to heart DG,growing up in Los Angeles area and doing buisness there for 30 some years there is no shortage of characters there,some come here from mid west,or back east to make it in movies,then they just hang out and never leave,but then again stranger things have happened,just my 2 cents,and my son and grandson live in Az

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Oldtimer2

For sure, oldtimer!
I remember as a kid seeing (and hearing) the caricature sidewalk prophets in downtown LA, complete with the Jesus look of long hair, white robe, sandals, Bible verses, and sign. They were Jesus, warning us heathens to repent or die, as the world was going to end soon. I just would think, "God bless him", and nothing more.

Hmmm, I never thought, but they usually were male. Of course, a female couldn't claim to be Jesus, but I don't remember many female sidewalk doom sayers. Interesting.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:05 AM
link   
If he is from L.A., it must be legit.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:11 AM
link   
He may have picked that day for his suicide. In that case, he would be right.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Hi again,

I suggest anybody with this type of doubts to check the prophetic discourse of Christ, given the week before his death, is written in the gospels as I told in my previous post.

The multiple reasons supported in the scriptures, that I gave and explained also in my previous post, are enough to show that this person is not a person that deserve credibility, it is clear that he is one of the predicted false Christs and anybody that follow him is going to have at
least a great deception if not something worst.

Sometimes these type of fanatics can be really dangerous, and it is not rare that they arrange great meetings to organize crazy collective rites, even with terrible consequences, like the one happend in Georgetown, Guyana with the so called People's Temple in the 1970's.

Besides that, I think it is really suspicious that this type of person appear precisely in los Angeles during these days, in which many viewers like me are waiting for the occurence of a so strong Earthquake with terrible consequences if the people is not warned and prepared to affront it, that is indeed a real important event that must be in the mind of its citizens and not this false second return of Christ.

if you or any body wants to know more about my vissions of this event, chk the thread I opened in BTS more than a year ago preventing of it:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

This is the only of my earthquake preditions given in 2007 that is still pending of accomplishing.

Anyway Dg tempe thanks for this thread that let us to clarify these common doubts.

By the way there are various new threads of my predictions now here in ATS Predictions & prophecies, so if you are interested to know what indeed is comming in the near future I suggest you to give a glance to them.

Tokai: The Monster that will harrass Japan is comming soon
www.abovetopsecret.com...

The Fatima secrets Code: the promises of God disclosed by St. Mary for our century

The third AntiChrist of Nostradamus is not a person but a so powerful Evil force

Rasputin will reappear: the Mother Russia will be Saint Again

Thanks for your atention,

your friend,

The Angel of lightness

[edit on 6/10/2008 by The angel of light]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Interesting choice of dates for the end of the world. Isn't that around the time they're supposed to be firing up the Large Hadron Collider?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Hey everyone, I wrote the original blog post. I really think that guy was just crazy. He was practically homeless but I was astonished at how he seemed to believe so sincerely everything he was saying. He also was appearantly constantly traveling and looking for churches or anywhere that would let him speak and hear him out. But I really knew he was crazy when he started saying he was God basically.

The last comment about the LHC got me thinking and inspired another blog post. I thought I'd share it with you all...

Is The Large Hadron Collider… The End?…

Take care!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Oh, i know the nuts are out there. I just wanted to post it [just in case]
you know?

They're coming out of the woodwork now

Notice that he said August 2, give or take a few days, because Jesus said no man would know the date nor the hour.

He might be crazy but he knew to cover his comment by saying that!

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I remember somewhere in the bible about only a 3rd of the the population would be gone when the Lord returns. Considering he said there would not be a soul left and that when Christ arrives supposedly he will rise those souls of the worthy back on this Earth and give them new forms. So the thing about not a soul left made no sense to me, but that's just me. I'm not the type of person to be tied down to religious labels and a single religion. I just believe what I believe. I believe in a god, not sure who or how many, but I believe there is something that gave us a purpose.

In my opinion...I would avoid that guy

Whatever claims he made I would forget about it and just keep living like it was ending tomorrow, because there have been many that have claimed dates when "God" told them, but in the end, the bible does say only GOD will know, not even his son nor the angels in heaven know. I doubt if Christ didn't know that someone here on Earth would.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Probably a crazy or a hoaxer. I once new of a person who was sitting at a NYC diner and was approached by a homeless man. The homeless man asked if this person i know would buy him a lunch. When he refused, the hobo yelled, "WOULD YOU DENY GOD NOURISHMENT?!?!?" Whoo boy!

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Dg,

I can assure you as one who has spent a lifetime dealing with the various nutballs in L.A. that your chain got yanked. I remember one individual who used to ride the busways to UCLA for psychiatric assistance that insisted he was the next great Jewish King, born in the highest room of the highest tower in Israel, and he knew the bible forward and backwards too.

If I could get a dollar for every OCD that studied the bible and made predictions I could eat out at a fine restauant every night of the week. Relax, it ain't gonna happen.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a lot of people are predicting something to happen between august 2nd and august 10th.

[edit on 12-6-2008 by Question Fate]

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
you know..He could be right and he could be wrong..I am a Firm believer in GOD. but you know Everything Thus far that MAN has Predicted has been wrong.
I came across this site which talks about end time Proficies and all of that. and some of the info on there in interesting, but I'm not letting my Mind get too it has much. Im just going too do what I do day by day, and when that day comes I wont be surprised...

this is the website...weird address name isn't it? especially for a Christian site.
www.satansrapture.com...

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:25 AM
link   
reply to post by sobek52

hoooo boy, you made my day!

I would have choked on my food and the drink would be lost thru my nose with that little comment!!!!!

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Well let me just say that from my own understandings the Second coming of Jesus Christ will not be an actual physical manifestation of himself to the world and everything and anything in it that is a grandiose show of pomp and ceremony befitting a Militaristic day of padgetry of the likes of what you see Russia or North Korea.
The Second coming however will be simply one of the Mind. Where everyone will finally realise that we are in fact dreaming this reality up and we are simply reacting to a seemingly realistic created living wild fantasy of a reality of which we have only projected. Because actually everything we think we sense with our 5 senes is all just a Holographic dream matrix created from the truncated part of our mind we call ego.
That is when we so shall choose to switch the lights back on once again

posted on Jun, 28 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Sounds like a crank but then again isn't that the rough time that cern start up their Large Hadron Collider experienment!

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:21 AM
link   

He told me that the world would end on August 2, 2008 and within 6 days from then, not a soul would be alive on the
planet

But would it not be the case that the people would start dying out six days before the 2nd Aug, then the world ends!

Tell me how the "World Can End" and then a week later all the people go, go from where? the world ended 6 days ago!

[edit on 29-6-2008 by InterWeb]

[edit on 29-6-2008 by InterWeb]

posted on Jun, 29 2008 @ 05:31 AM
link   
If I was a homeless guy with nothing to do all day, I would go around telling people crazy stuff just to get laughs all the time too.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join