It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

L.A. Man Predicting End of World Will Be August 2, 2008

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:54 PM
link   

I wouldn’t normally choose to write about this, but I met an interesting person last Sunday. This person was just like any other half sane stranger you might meet in the greater Los Angeles area. Except he had a greater knowledge than most of Bible passages, specifically prophecies and symbolism for the end of the world.
He told me that the world would end on August 2, 2008 and within 6 days from then, not a soul would be alive on the planet. If that wasn’t an odd enough claim, the thing that really made him stick out was that he said he was the “Son of Man” and that God would soon come and inhabit his body and begin to rule the world (or something like that) from him. Basically, that he was or would soon be God.

Lunatic or the real deal?

I swear not a month goes by untouched by "the end"...

FYI.

photoblog.mrjmw.com...

[edit on 9-6-2008 by dgtempe]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:58 PM
link   
well saying that he was the son of man?

we are all son of man, well not the woman, but you get the point

not a soul left? what about the 144,000 who make it through without any harm?

this is just false ramblins of a person

ignore it, itll go away

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I wonder if its the same character who was on c2c

as "Jesus Christ"

One never knows.....

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:20 PM
link   
This man seems to have a dislike for the numbers 2 and 8.

2-8-2008 + 6= 8-8-2008

People get real superstitious over numbers and dates such as this.

There are OODLES of people making the claim they are Jesus returned etc.

Poor guy, did you put some money in his tin-cup?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

No, but i slammed his sandwich board and flattened him out.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
i used to take bag lunches to the homeless on the mall in washington DC.

one was freaked out that another was shooting invisable moonbeams at his brain.

take from this what you will.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:43 PM
link   
There's a certain.......ahhhhhh.... mutual exclusivity between the person being well-versed (and presumably supportive of) the Holy Bible, calling himself the "Son of Man" and then laying claim to the precise date of the end of the world. I mean, the idea that the time will come without warning resonates throughout the Bible again and again.

I believe that the "All that Is", God, whatever name a person chooses, would not elect to completely wipe the slate clean, by vanquishing all of humanity. Such a profound ELE would likely extinguish the lives of the majority of animals as well, and I would think that a supreme being would consider them above sin and thus immune to judgement.

Interesting find! A question: If you, OP, somehow miraculously KNEW this would really come to pass...... what would you do differently, if anything, and why?

Cheers, from another open mind.

Who knows?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I'd round up every cent i had, mortgage money, utility money, all money and run to be with my mother in Arizona without a second thought. I'd also round up my kids and want all of us to be together.
Its nice to have pretty things and a decorated home, but in the end, what good is it??

Material things are nice to have and look at, but thats all.

In fact, everything of real value i have, fits in an overnight bag. Pack an emergency bag one day it will be very enlightning!!! How sad.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
honestly, these things are pretty just to hype up or scare some people. But in general, things are going to happen and everyone knows it. I think some people feel it, I do of course and in the end, it doesn't matter to me cause if Fate/God/universe wanted me dead...then im dead...so maybe that guy will die on august 2 2008 and we'll be okay...or maybe he's right...we all have our predictions and wat not lol

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I am one of those people who has been given a gift of understanding Bible prophecies, symbolism, etc. This man is wrong, flat out. The plan is more like this:

That the end times would happen early on the 3rd day (millennium) from Jesus (2nd Adam) and early on the 7th day (millennium) from the 1st Adam. The end times will consist of a cycle starting with the September 11th attacks on the United States which would start 7 years of plenty from 2001-2008. Then, the epiphany (Phaneroo) would occur at the fall of the Latter Rain in which Jesus clothes Himself again in a multitude of people called the First Fruits Man-child ministry as the tribulation begins. There is no pre-tribulation rapture. Jesus in these Man-child people will teach the remnant saints in the wilderness for 3 ½ years from late 2008 to early 2012 during which they will be largely protected by the Lord from the reach of Satan. This first half of the tribulation is a repeat of the gospels. Then in early 2012, the Latter Rain (much like Pentecost with the Former Rain) falls on the saints who go out into the world two by two (the two witnesses) at about the same time the Mark of the Beast is set up 1/2 –way through the tribulation. They judge the earth and preach the full gospel until each of their testimonies are complete and are then allowed to be beheaded/martyred by the beast kingdom over the last 3 ½ years called the great tribulation period. This second half of the tribulation period is a repeat of the book of Acts.

After the tribulation ends in late 2015, the 8th year after the 7-year tribulation begins which is called “The Day of the Lord”. This is God’s wrath on the wicked in the earth and it lasts for about 1 year. The Saints who are alive and remain are raptured to Heaven 40 days into this period. This 1-year (8th year) is also called “The War of the Great Day of God”. As all of the saints are in heaven for this one year, God has the angels pour out wrath and curse after curse upon the Earth. All of the saints return with the Lord to finish off the remaining wicked at the end of that year to set up the Millennial Kingdom in late 2016.

I have been shown these things by God over the last four years and I have written extensive notes about the passages that demonstrate this.
The document is 26 pages with power-point slides so it is too big to post here. I have posted my notes on this on other threads about the end times.

The end, as it were, is 2015, not now.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Well, if the end of the world is later this year on the 2nd of august, and by August 8th, 2008 God will reveal himself, I think I have a fairly good chance of surviving ( I found this date to be ironic in my life ) as that date would be 08/08/08, thus making me 20 years old, as my birthday was 08/08/88 =O btw did you meet him in the Subway station? No offense but he kinda sounds like a nutball - I really don't think this will be the end of the world, just a new beginning for man kind as we know it, probably a massive change that will benifet mankind... that's more or less what I'd like to see happen anyways, but there is also a lot of evidence supporting the end of the world being near... many more natural disasters have happened lately, and I have also been hearing a lot about animal species dying out, I'm sure you've all heard of the Honey bee colonies and such... something that caught my attention on the national geographic channel was that Bats ( Normal, flying night creatures ) are also dying very misteriously, it seems that they hibernate like usual, however something is sucking out their energy, and when they awake they are too tired to move and just die, they can be found dead in large numbers still hanging from the tops of caves, with their noses white ( Unknown reason )... anyways just some thoughts

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Well I will not dismiss the prediction completely, even if we know that he is somebody mentally unstable, sometimes people like that just have their brain scramble.

Perhaps he does have a vision of something disastrous to fall on that specific day, but he attribute it to the end of time.

I think we just should watch carefully for world events during and around the time of his prediction.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Dang, and I had big plans for the 4th of August

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:49 AM
link   
There sure are a lot of doomsday predictions for this summer. Is this normal or are we just kicking it up a notch this year? I joined here last fall so I haven't been privy to this.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Huh.

I think he might have gone a little overboard with the whole "Not a single soul" bit, but the date of his prediction coincides for when i believe Iran will be faced with hostile intentions...

I wonder.... is what he saw his interpretation of the afterlife?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Well, here goes;

Either he made it up in order to get some more charity, or he doesn't understand the implications of what he speaks.

After all, how could he possible know that "not a soul" would be alive if he was still able to see that no one was around...

Unless, of course, that little thing about God existing in all of us is actually true, and that blighter up there intends to have a bit of fun with us...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam

No, but i slammed his sandwich board and flattened him out.

Well, at least his world came to an end sooner. dg, you're terrible, and that's my daily compliment to you today.

Jeez, I'm not going to say how old I am, but I've seen these people for a lot of decades...er...long time. In fact, I can't remember a time without the sidewalk doomsayers, which, if I had believed them years ago, I wouldn't be sitting here typing this today.

As with the spread of tabloid news into mainstream, these sidewalk prophets are receiving a larger audience, via the "sidewalks" of the www.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:03 AM
link   
well, that puts the kibash on the Jesus 2nd coming with his army of Angels and coming in glory (scripture uses the metaphor 'clouds')

i'm fairly certain this man, doing performance-art on a LA street,
has not kept his 'temple' uncorrupted and sin free...
but then again Jesus, in his first time around bumped elbows with sinners and fallen women, much to the distaste of the Pharisees et al.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Thanks Desert!

Let me remind you this man is claiming to be the Son of God. And if you read my post it says he was very knowledgable in scriptures!!!

I think Jesus would tend to hang around LA if he's really here.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Hi Dgtempe,

Well let me tell about this fascinating person that you have met that there are some points that does not look to support such a claim that he did:

- if the world ends on this month of August many aspects of the book of Revelation will not be accomplished, as for instance the armageddon battle, since the international conditions does not look now to go in that direction so quickly, at least in a so short period of time.

- the world control that supposely the AntiChrist will have at that time is also another aspect that is not quite clear to be done in only two months.

- The claim that he is god or the recipient of the son of God spirit is really suspicious, that is not the way in which the Messiah or Christ is going to return to the earth at the end of times. This does not agree with the St Mathew Gospel prophetic words and the Apocalypsis of St John.

- I know that in our epoch there are TV series showing that Christ is going to born again like a child but that does not match with the Christian prophecies at all. That is the point of view of the jews, the ones that remain skeptical about if JesusChrist was really who he claimed to be, so they are still waiting for the first arrival of the Messiah.

- Such a way to return to the earth by rebirth is even contrary to the description of the second comming of the Messiah given by Jesus himself in the Gospel. Christ will appear in the sky in the middle of the clouds comming with great Glory and with all his power with thousands of members of the celestial army surrounded him. This will occur a time after his signal appear in the horizon, that means an astronomic event visible from any point of the earth. That event, as I explained in one of my threads was the SuperNova explosion of April 2007, pls chk it at: www.belowtopsecret.com...

- Moreover to claim that he is reincarnating in some other being is the same to tell that Resurrection never occured, and that is Heretic from the point of view of Chritianism. Since he ascended to sky in body and soul after his resurrection that is the way in which he must come, you can read that at the end of the gospels, those were the words of the angels to the disciples.

- Becareful with that person since in the Revelation as in the Gospels, specially in St Mathew and St Luke, there are many warnings about the false Christs that will appear at the end of the times deceiving many people, even the ones that will be chosen to be save.

Thanks for your atention,

your friend,

The Angel of lightness

[edit on 6/10/2008 by The angel of light]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join