It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tired of those long pesky airport security checkpoints?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:20 PM
link   
While waiting at DIA for My return flight home I came across something I think You'll all find quite interesting. While waiting in line at the security checkpoint a sign caught My eye and I just had to pick up this brochure. It's a 'Clear Card' application. It claims that You can 'fly through airport security' by going to an enrollment center and completing an application. They will take Your photograph, verify 2 forms of ID(passport preferably), and capture Your fingerprint and iris images. Iris images! Once approved You can look for one of their blue Clear cubes that designate an 'express' lane at airport security. The kiosk will verify your identity using your Clear Card and your 'biometric data' and You can enjoy 'a consistent and predictable experience every time You fly'. Their web address is flyclear.com if You'd like to research it further. Does anyone else feel as unsettled about this as I do?

Peace.K*

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Why would it unsettle you. It's just a way to speed things up at the airport, just like automatic check in, or any of the other things they have done automatically these days. It's strickly voluntary as well...nobody is forcing you to do it.

I welcome it.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Having had to recently fly once per week interisland, and noting the changes in procedures and the subsequent delays, I think I'd welcome it. Interisland, we SHOULD be able to sail through. I remember a time not so long ago where I carried two foil-lined soft coolers aboard, filled primarily with meats and bottled food liquids that we can't get here. I'll never forget that last "easy" trip: "what's in the coolers?" "Meat." "Okay, next!" Now, I understand why that isn't still the case, but folks coming to and from this laid-back country seem shocked sometimes by the demeanor of the security people. I am too. Last time we went to the U.S., security was curteous. Efficient and thorough, but saying things like, "I'm sorry Ma'am (to my Bride), but I have to check your purse." No problem.

Now............... having said that, I AIN'T accepting a chip, a tatoo, any markings, radiological doo-dads of any sort.

I gotta hope it's just what it appears to be.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:04 AM
link   
So, everyone who buys a clear card and has submitted an eye scan & finger prints goes to the front of the line at the security check.

Essentially those who can afford the extra $128 per person per year means they get to go to the front of the line in front you or the family of five who don't have the extra $640 in their travel budget.

Clear Card video

[edit on 17-6-2008 by verylowfrequency]

new topics

top topics

join