It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what happens when the oil runs out...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
discussion of when the world's supply of oil goes 'dry', is similar to that of the boy who cried wolf story. noone takes notice or stays alert, but at the end of the story, the wolf really does show up. so fear not, there will come a time when the oil runs dry. when quality, low cost oil will simply be all gone.

so what happens next?

I guess a great place to start would be to attempt to fathom just how high the oil will hit its peak at. $4.00 per gallon will be pennies, for in the near future, people will be begging for this price.

I'm sure that at the apocolypse of the world's addiction to oil, there will be traumatic unstability in the suburban areas of the u.s

next, businesses based on agriculture (thereby affecting food costs), communications, transportation(and the trucking industry), and general industry types will suffer. being as that most, if not all of these rely solely on oil. and once this occurs which it very well may, society will not accept a decreased quality in life.
a depression will occur. everything will be in the red, money will be worthless, people will be homeless, the blackmarket will take over, society will teeter on the edge of collapse, millions will be homeless, and worse.

this worst case scenario would mean that due to the poor quality in life, we will enter into recession, pestilence, famine, and for some eventually death.

but No! I am confident that before it gets to this point people around the world will be crying out for help, and to be saved! and who breezes on through, you ask? governments. they will be intervening, militaries will be in complete control.
that is, until they too crumble.

and that, my dear friends is when the nwo comes into play, region against region will be fighting, and nation against nation will be at war.

once civilization has no other answer for survival, the nwo will provide one of hope, what better timing they have, to take advantage globally, then when they are up against no resistance!

and this is quite possibly, when the nwo takes the forefront, and utter domination of the world. but the question is, what happens when the nwo comes into power?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I don't think the oil will run out any time soon. Oil is not at all scarce and the wars and battles the companies wage is to control the flow. Much like they do with diomonds. There's plenty of oil and plenty of diomonds but they don't want you to know about that.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Oil's running out? Last time I checked, gasoline was at about 130mgAu/gallon (US), the same as it cost in early 1999.

Yes, I know there's lots of reports, studies, "peak oil", etc., but that hasn't seem to affect the price of gasoline.

Unless you measure in terms of fiat currency, that is.

new topics

join