It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesus Christ On Coast 2 Coast Last Night

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I say "Kudos!" to Ian for having the courage to host such potentially controversial show!! For the people that got creeped out by this "Jesus Christ" impersonator, did you guys/gals forget that's what Coast-to-Coast AM is all about?

It's gotten to the point where UFO's, Chupacabra's, Ghosts, etc. shows are all well and good, but they've lost their "spooky" factor.

Having this Jesus Christ impersonator on was great because he did such a fantastic job of exuding confident, effortless answers. Like a good movie, it allowed me to suspend disbelief and wonder to myself, "What if Jesus Christ really did come back?!"

Of course, being an adult, the disbelief only goes so far and I know C2C is just a show, but Ian did a great job of playing along with the whole thing.

How refreshing to hear C2C listeners actually getting creeped out and entertained by this show! Go Ian!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
It was an utterly horrendous programme. It was so offensive at so many levels that I can only say that I sincerely hope that Ian Punnett is never on Coast to Coast again. (Far better to hear Rollye James than the contentious and pretentious Rev. Punnett.)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

This sounds like Ian himself wrote it.

I'm afraid the majority did not like it at all. Creeped out as in "disgust" is what I mean.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Pellevoisin

Were you offended by "Passion of the Christ", or "Last Temptation of Christ"? Are you offended by portrayals of Jesus in other art forms, such as paintings or sculpture?

Artists and Actors have been playing/painting/sculpting Jesus Christ for years and years, what's wrong with someone playing Jesus Christ in an improvisational manner on radio? Improv is just another art form.

I'm sure Jesus would have gotten a kick out of last night's show. Even deities can have a sense of humor and respect for the arts!

[edit on 9-6-2008 by harrytuttle]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
reply to post by Pellevoisin

I'm sure Jesus would have gotten a kick out of last night's show. Even deities have a sense of humor.

What you assert is unknowable, and many would dispute your contention for its anthropocentrism alone.

I did not object to the Passion of Christ or the novel The Last Temptation of Christ.

Back to the purpose of this thread, a successful portrayal of any significant figure much less one that is a deity to some requires a certain amount of artfulness which was profoundly lacking in Mr. Punnett's grotesque masquerade of a Coast to Coast AM programme.

[edit on 9/6/08 by Pellevoisin]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
When I said creepy I meant almost in a scary weirded out way. That guy wasn't right and it was making my skin crawl. Disgusted too, but ....it was bizarre. Will NEVER listen to that sickpot again.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I listened to "Jesus Christ Lite" for over an hour last night.
Ian asked some good questions but this liteweight wasn't up to it.

When Ian asked him about the war in Iraq he was wishy washy
and pathetic. There was no "Blessed are the peacemakers" or
any of the actual rebellious stands Jesus took. This fraud disregarded
the lives of innocents and acted infantile, fickle and downright neglectful
of the true reverence for all life teachings of the real Jesus. The obvious
lack of sympathy for humanity's suffering in general was frightful.

This lame appropriation of Jesus teachings as blase entertainment
by such a limited and perverse mind as this Jesus lite guy was spineless,
witless and a perversion of the true Spirit of Jesus.

This Jesus lite fraud was not well versed on the egalitarianism of Jesus
that has spawned the Quakers and Unitarians, and we'd all be better off
if he spent more time in silent sitting with the Julian movement.

It was foolhardy for Ian to let this mediocrity impersonate Jesus.
I thought Ian was better than this.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well what can you all do about it? There's nothing you can do. I guess you'll have to get a sense of humor.
Google KNYE for interweb live streaming. Click the live streaming at 10 pm my time to 6 am my time and you should get the c2c show even though it specifically says that you cannot use live streaming at that time.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Yea it was pretty retarded he answered questions from random callers and linked their questions to Bible answers. I mean come on this is actually a really good radio station and to have a program or somebody claim to be Jesus was a little over the top.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:27 PM
link   
"They shouldn't be giving Jesus any more air time"...whos they?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999

Originally posted by Roper
I can imagine the look of his face when he stands before the read Jesus.

Priceless!!

Roper

'The read Jesus'? Who's the 'read jesus'? You mean the 'real' jesus? How do you know it ISN'T????

J.

Remember what Mark Knopfler said. "If two men say they are Jesus, one of them must be wrong."

I like Ian. He has a fondness for tasty Canadians.

Don't knock Jesus light. My niece goes to the Gospel Light Baptist Church. They have forty percent fewer calories per sermon than the regular Gospel Baptist Church.

[edit on 6-9-2008 by groingrinder]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:02 AM
link   
As a "nutty Christian" I can say without a doubt that Jesus Christ would not need a paranormal radio show as a platform.

For those that don't believe in God, there is no need to insult Christians to make your point about this impostor.

JMO

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Hey Jimbo, bless your heart, you found my mistake and brought it to my attention in such a nice way. Thank you so much and bless your heart.

Roper

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seeker Mom
If I wanted to listen to a Christian or religious talk show I would. I don't listen to Coast to Coast to hear this sort of drivel.

Frankly, I've never seen or heard of a religious talk show in any medium on which Jesus Christ made a personal appearance.

If you go to any psychiatric ward in any major city, the chances are very good that you will meet at least one patient who purports to be Jesus Christ.

I'm reminded of a joke.

A man was admitted to a psychiatric unit and assigned to a double occupancy room.

When he walked into the room his roommate was sitting on his bed. The new patient walked over to his own bed and sat down facing the other patient.

In a quiet voice, the new patient said to his roommate, "I am Jesus Christ and God himself has sent me here to personally save your soul."

The other patient shouted, "I did not!"

[edit on 2008/6/10 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
They wern't accutaly trying to say this guy was the real Jesus Christ were they?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

ROFLMA,
Great joke,loved that one,lol!

Sounds like something that would be on Family Guy or South Park,lol.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by jkrog08]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

GRADY, good one

He was only presented as "Jesus Christ"- No explanation, no asking if Jesus was back on Earth, nothing at all, only that Jesus Christ is on Coast to Coast.
A caller last night called and told George it was all a farce, to which George answered, "I know the man very well" ???????????

I dont know, i do think Ian is indeed scraping the bottom of the barrell, and i just dont like his shows or his attitude. He fights with just about anyone who goes against his grain (really? for a man soon to be of the cloth?)....

He is an elitist and its becoming more obvious- If this is the new wave of priests, i dont know what to say.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I too love Listening to Coast to coast most days if its somthing intresting....

but yes, I don't like Ian's voice at all, he's been on all week :-( . and george has a great talk radio voice, deeper and comforting to the ears :-) lol

I found the jesus christ show very irritating too

I'm about to listen to the June 9th show it looks intresting about ET influence on earth and its people.

I do hope Ian has crashed his car on the way to work

[edit on 10-6-2008 by TrentReznor]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I think it's really sad to hear anyone was gullible enough to call in crying and believing this guy would be JC. If they read their bibles and understood how he will supposedly return in the clouds in all his glory or whatever, then they would be suspicious of these characters.

We live in a system in which people clinging to whatever hope they can get is than exploited. How sad, this could be one of your kids, relatives or friends.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by aleon1018]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The Holy Bible
Matthew 24
Signs of the End of the Age

"23 At that time if anyone says to you, 'Look, here is the Christ!' or, 'There he is!' do not believe it. 24 For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible. 25 See, I have told you ahead of time.
26"So if anyone tells you, 'There he is, out in the desert,' do not go out; or, 'Here he is, in the inner rooms,' do not believe it. 27 For as lightning that comes from the east is visible even in the west, so will be the coming of the Son of Man."

[edit on 10-6-2008 by checkers]

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join