It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If there was a draft...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Totally hypothetical scenario here I just wanted everyone else's opinions on what they would personally do if the draft was reinstated. Im 20 years old and I consider myself a patriot but I sure as hell would run away from the draft if it were implemented. Not unless it is proven that we are in danger and the threat is real, more real then terrorism.

I know most will think im not a patriot cause of my reluctance to fight, some might even call me a chicken, wuss, or wimp. But I KNOW i'm a patriot because I believe our country should stop meddling in others affairs and start taking care of its own. How do we try to spread democracy when ours is vile and corrupt? Our school systems are in shambles, I noticed this when I was in elementary school. Most Universities no longer care about the individual but more for the individuals tuition, you can flunk out as much as you want as long as you or your parents keep footing the bill. Our congress is more interested in steroids in sport then our administrations history or exaggerating or creating up news in order to complete their agenda.

It's a rant but these are my reasons why I would not support the army in case of a draft. We need the soldiers, army, and people in powers man power, strength, and intelligence to help get this country on track before we can start worrying about others.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
You may be tossing your life away if you run for it.

From what I understand, Canada is not going to let young men who are dodging the draft into the country this time around.

Take advantage of the situation.
Join the Air Force or Navy, go to one of their really good schools and get an education in electronics.

I used to work for a large electric utility company and they'd hire guys fresh out of the service who were trained in electronics as well as paid a good wage . . . which I understand is even higher nowadays as compared to national averages.

These same guys went on to have good careers doing interesting work and retired fairly well off.

Granted, there are other jobs, but electronics and computers seem to be the best way to go nowadays.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by thegdfather

I'm not of draft age, but if I were, I would join you.

Seeing as how I'm not of draft age, I would support you any way I could.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Actually I have thought of joining the Air force, im really interested in planes and piloting. And then they offer to pay for school if you do survive your time, and of course all of the job possibilities in the CIA and other government forums would be an awesome opportunity. And I would love to be a officer in the army who dealt with more of the strategic aspect and the foreign relations. Its just this current war I would have a hard time morally forcing myself to kill people who had nothing to do with 9/11, and thats what this war is about correct?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:51 PM
link   
If the cause is just, you'll find me front row.

If it's not, don't call me, I won't call you.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If there was a draft....i would not go.Ill join the peace corps.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Either finish your degree or go to one of the achademy's and get commissioned. Life is much easier for an officer than a junior enlistee.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienstar
If there was a draft....i would not go.Ill join the peace corps.

Good choice also. On a side note your avatar rocks !!!!
What show was that from????? I remember seeing it as a kid but can't remember the name

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:07 PM
link   
The far out space nuts..had gillian in it from gillians island...thats honk in the avatar.The same people that made the land of the lost and sigmon the sea monster.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   
i almost joind the military as an officer and got mediacally disqaulified over an alergy to fire ants right before the iraq war.

best thing that ever happend to me.

then i almost joined the cia and went to egypt to learn arabic. once i got there i realized everything the news and the president tells you about the middle east is horse poop, and thats an insult to horses poop.

so listen it is every true patriots duty to not support this war in iraq or the upcoming one in iran by any means. they arent using our military to protect us. you wont be protecting us if your over there. youll be protecting david rockefellers oil pipelines and profits. if they want people let them send some more blackwater cannon fodder. at least they get paid well to be blown up. thats more than the average grunt at walter reed can say.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
My peace loving, hippy self would be out of here as fast as I could.

I am not going to die/kill so those who start the war can gain from it while those who fight are trated like trash and the innocent population gets maimed for no reason.

I can't see a draft passing though. Would be interesting times (I am 21).

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Just say you're gay when they come a-knockin'.

top topics

join