It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: Breathalyzer, Inhalator for Kids With Asthma

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Another Barack moment.
In a recent rally in Bristol, VA, Obama said kids with asthma should be treated with a breathalyzer, err a inhalator.

What the heck is an inhalator?

..and the Barackisms keep coming folks, expect a book by November.

No fairness in the MSM.
If this had happened to McCain, you know the media would be labeling him a senile old man.

Video here

Other related link:

One moment of levity came when Obama was talking about how it's better and more cost effective to treat a kid with asthma than letting it get so bad he shows up in the emergency room. Obama said he needs a "breathalyzer" instead of an ER.
He realized his mistake, and said "inhalator," or "well, I'm tired, you know what I mean.
...link

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   
You know exactly what he means by inhilator...a puffer. As for saying breathalizer, so he mispoke, everyone does it from time to time...what's the big deal?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yes I know but the deal is when certain people do it, it gets plastered all over the evening news and we are constantly reminded of the gaffe for years to come.

No objectivity here, let's just call it selective ridicule on the media's part.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

When he utters the same "mistake" 4 times in a row, let me know.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The point is that if George Bush said it, the media would attack him for being "stupid". Obama is nothing more than a performer and any time he speaks with no prewritten rhetoric, he makes a complete fool of himself.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlxandroNo fairness in the MSM.
If this had happened to McCain, you know the media would be labeling him a senile old man.

The media doesn't need to label McCain a senile old man.
Look at him...he is a senile old man and needs a nap.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by AlxandroNo fairness in the MSM.

T
Look at him...he is a senile old man and needs a nap.

One of these days you will resemble that remark.
]

Roper

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
It's still early so give it time.
He really needs his teleprompter, opposite of dubya who seems to better off the cuff.

btw, your avatar is creepy, kinda looks like Captain Kangaroo

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

Yeah, but when Bush does it he is 'an idiot and a moron' right?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
It's still early so give it time.
He really needs his teleprompter, opposite of dubya who seems to better off the cuff.

Yeah right.....

[edit on 9-6-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

the point is that the media will ignore this, and the many other Obamisms (you may remember the potatoE experience of a Republican VP candidate). Do you ever hear jokes about GWB and his misstatements? String them together and Obama, too will be revealed for the inarticulate and clumsy thinker that he is.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Here's a you-tube video of the incident: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:31 PM
link   
As a physician who treats the kids with asthma I'm listening to this fool try to tell me something that "everyone knows". I guess Obama is no one. Yes Asthma should be treated early or they'll end up on a ventilator but he has no plan to get them treatment before hand. His answer is to tax everyone to death and try to implement a failed health system. Instead of building on the good ideas that other countries have had, he wants to repeat their mistakes.

Here is something EVERYONE truly knows...politicians are like sewers...they are full of hot air, they stink, and generally are just full of feces. Oh well...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I guess someone who answers the phone backwards and thinks there are 57 states are allowed to make such an easy mistake once awhile.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet
I guess someone who answers the phone backwards and thinks there are 57 states are allowed to make such an easy mistake once awhile.

And you know what, someone that thinks that the picture of him answering the phone backwards is real, is allowed to make mistakes in posting trivial thoughts once in a while too.

;-)

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetxnet

...and the excuse always seems to be that he was tired, therefore we are asked to give him a break, the poor baby.

He sure tires easily.
The boy needs to be toughened up is he plans on meeting with the leaders of those rouge nations, otherwise they'll end up devouring him.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:07 AM
link   
When McCain misspeaks the msm calls it "confused" which equals "senile"

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Danger Girl]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
You know exactly what he means by inhilator...a puffer. As for saying breathalizer, so he mispoke, everyone does it from time to time...what's the big deal?

agreed. missspoken gracefully even.

Bull# is Most Important to Voters

The tendency for the masses to be drawn to discussion of this thread's calibre spawns the apathy of the intellectual class and cements their assumption that democracy is truly no better than mob rule.

Members of congress are calling for the impeachment of the potus; and the op chooses to focus on this drivel that places nothing but additional (albeit, bad) publicity upon yet another CFR, box-store, exxon candidate.

STOP FOCUSING ON WHICH ONE OF THE, SPOON FED TO YOU BY THE MSM, BS CFR CANDIDATES/POLITICIANS ARE DOING WHAT WRONG.

START FOCUSING ON WHAT THE GOOD GUYS, who's words are only found by personal research, ARE DOING RIGHT.

GET YOUR EYES OFF THE PUPPET SHOW

There are important things being said right now... by,

Kucinich
Ray McGovern
Olberman
Alex Jones
Cynthia McKinney
Wexler
Ron Paul
Mike Gravel
Ralph Nadar
Peter Schiff
Bob Barr
Russell Means
Jesse Ventura (in the past 3 months)
Marci Kaptur
Lou Dobbs

You're missing it because you're stuck in the CFR, petty BS soap opera illusion.

Google video any of those names... SHUT UP AND LISTEN, for more than their misspoken words, for more than 10 minutes, without a stimulating commercial break.

Inhalorate a deep breath.
Wake the F up.

Who cares what Obama said?
Who cares what McCain might do?

LOOK HERE, OPEN YOUR EYES

That paradigm is about to close.

I am,

Sri Oracle

(ps. yes, Paul is on that exxon/mobile list... I've yet to come to terms with just what that means; I'll get back to you)

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Sri Oracle]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Just more mud slinging.

Is this what our culture has come to?
Im tired of the crap slung on Obama *AND* McCain

They're politicians - they're made of the very stuff you're throwing at them. Both of them. You think, once they're elected to office, they're going to give a CRAP about their supporters anymore?

Stop siding with a candidate 100% based on media intervention.

To give you a good idea of what im talking about

think back to the duke lacrosse rape "victim"

There was not one single media source that didnt convict those boys before the trial even started. They had all of their fancy dressed TV lawyers on there spouting their incoherent rhetoric, condeming these boys

and holy crap

they were innocent on all charges.
Never once did a single news program post an apology. Nacny Grace, most of all, should have been taken off the air on this very issue

posted on Oct, 31 2008 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sensfan

top topics

<<   2 >>

join