It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Ascension Agree with Science?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Somebody requested a thread be opened to determine wether or not the common idea of Ascension has any scientific merit. Many have stated that ascension is merely a religious/new age idea idea or belief that does not have any credibility in the scientific community. Myself however believe the opposite.

Being that I am not a scientist I will not offer any scientific validation in my opening post. However I will establish a few guidelines to keep this thread from being derailed due to many common misunderstandings or disagreements within the scientific community.

Ascension theory must be approached with a common understaning of physics, since this is an online forum please refer to online resources such as Wikipedia to support your claims.

We will be discussing two very controversial topics, the fourth dimension, commonly known as time and the fifth dimension which is even more vague but may or may not include spirituality, radio frequency, light, etc...

It is important that we establish some common principals of these two topics, not to take away from the intended purpose of the thread itself. Therefore, if you wish to debate the theory of time or the Fourth Dimension, or the more contreversial 5th dimension, you must be able to provide legitimate sources and explain to those of us who do believe in thes dimensions in a way that can be comprehended to us simple minded people who believe that there is scientific evidence of this.

Furthermore, Ascension has not been properly documented in history to my knowledge. Therefore there is no proof that it exists, so don't even ask. If you do have evidence that ascension has in fact been properly documented, we would love to hear from you.

Otherwise this topic is based on scientific theory, that ascension can happen in the physical world. So please provide scientific evidence that either supports this, or does not support this.

Example
Acceptable arguements may include ie stress has determined to take away from happiness or 432 hz is a geometrically pure wave pattern etc. But again if you make any claims like this, please provide legitimate sources.

...and discuss.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Also on a further note, readers are encouraged to post their personal views , experiences and/or encounters with ascension to create an argument with substance. If you choose to do this you may want to follow it up with a statement that supports why or why not your personal views on ascension are science related.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by 12.21.12]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:23 PM
link   
I believe it does because most of the concepts the "out there new-agers" are talking about are based on the same stuff scientists have been screaming at them for years(Heh and vice versa for that matter). Even all the things that where "predicted" from spiritual sources "manifest" themselves somehow in this reality in due course any way by anyone's standards, be you a atheist-reductionist or peace-love-ufo Hippy. I'm not counting of course those who believe "ascension" is god(or insert intergalactic body of your choosing) picking the happy chosen people up with his hand and taking them to happy-land. :p

"Man will never fly!" science and logic got us there, coupled with the will and beliefs of the individuals who made this a reality for us. So yeah things are pretty much just going to be the same but with some more cool stuff and things to do. A proverbial "expansion pack" for us on earth via humanities efforts for better or worse

Just my guess...

-switches to stereotypical "slack-jaw" accent-
Well I ain't no science-guy or nuthin', but I fig'r I might learn me a bit o' two from y'all big brains in here....

And I know some people will probably scream "bias" but.... What the Bleep Do We Know?

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Shakesbeer]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:19 AM
link   
reply to post by 12.21.12

Well 12.21.12 I really am fond of the way that you have set up this thread.

I don't feel that I have anything to add at this moment, only to say that ascension is not only emotional. It is, and you already know this from our other thread: logical, rational, moral, emotional, intellectual, creative, physical (taking care of the body and allowing it to ascend to a better physique and thus better overall health for you both physically and mentally), and scientific.

And to never sacrifice truth for emotional comfort.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:25 AM
link   
LOL eternal I am going to add you now. Though I don't know where you are posting from, I sure would be curious to find out!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   
Ascension is all about energy and its frequencies I believe so yer science plays a part.
To reach these other dimensions we are to see we must have to change our frequency. The whole awakening starts with a message to the individual on a frequency anyway.

When we have an OBE I believe this is when we learn to alter our energy state to go up and down the dimensions. The noises we hear are just energy states.

Do I as a scientist have any proof for this...no I do not. All I know is there are many energies we as humans have that we can not see but that does not mean they are not there.

ET s come and go so easily because they have mastered the inter dimensional travel so well. They do not travel in ships over many light years as we are lead to believe, this is just such a waste of energy it is not the fastest route. Dimensional travel is far faster.

Do not ask for science to back this up
Its just what conclusions I have come to from personal experiences.
MG

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Then in your case, to answer the question of the thread header and title:

No, ascension does not agree with science.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Okay, well that makes you first on the batters list.

Please tell us why?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Oops. I was in reply to Mr. Green.

Mr. Green made the case that ascension can not be attained or known through science, which makes poster's view of ascension incredidle and unprovable, simply a matter of faith and "follow me because it feels good".

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
This is a prime example of the 'creationist leakage' I describe in the OP of this thread.

Ascension has absolutely nothing to do with science. It is a religious concept (which incidentally the OP doesn't even bother to define) without a single properly documented instance of it to show that it even exists.

This thread has no place in the Science & Technology forum. I request that it be closed.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Oh lord, at least say somthing. Please. This is an open forum. I expect you to to uphold certain standards such as relevance. Your contribution to this thread thus far...means nothing. How's that for atheist?

apc

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Could someone please provide a synopsis of the Theory of Ascension? My only experience with this concept is from the sci-fi TV series Stargate. From what I can tell so far I suspect it is very similar in both meaning and foundation.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by LastOutfiniteVoiceEternal
Oops. I was in reply to Mr. Green.

Mr. Green made the case that ascension can not be attained or known through science, which makes poster's view of ascension incredidle and unprovable, simply a matter of faith and "follow me because it feels good".

oh please whats up with you ...im not posting in this thread anymore..like I said its a conclusion from my own experiences....no dont follow me half the time its a battle it does not feel good as you say....this is a battle and you know that so pack it in.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Seeing as ascension is an entirely human phenomena (as far as we know), i feel it's nessecary to say yes, i do agree with science.

Wait, are you talking about Spiritual Ascension or the ascension you find in popular fiction?

Spiritual ascension has such things about it as balancing negative karma and fulfilling their divine plan, so i'm sorry to say it but this is the form i am most familiar with.

The only other form i recognise as a valid talking point would be the one apc spoke of, and i'm not really much of a fan of stargate, happy to say.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Here's my theory from another thread:

I seriously feel everyone is over thinking this "ascension" thing. Yes we are starting to understand much more about our physical universe as well as the stuff we literally can't see but know is there. There is a very real physical event that is going to happen around 2012 that does have to do with our astronomical position. Nothing "super natural" about it really, and I think many times when people talk about the "4th Dimension" or "4D" they are actually trying to say "4th Density" or "4th Vibration" which is a resonance theory which involves everything on the planet raising an "octave". This alignment seems to have and effect on the torsion fields of the galaxy/solar system, sort of like our astronomical weather report. Just like Warm Weather Boosts Mood, Broadens The Mind as 2004 University of Michigan research indicated, we're changing "galactic seasons" to the other side of the disc. I think this is why so many "new agers" have gravitated towards the Mayan thing etc which most people interpret 2012/ascension as "end times" but all it means is it re-sets. OOOO! scary!

I don't think you have to die to ascend physically, you can die many other ways that are just as interesting and you get to keep your body too. It seems to have a lot to do with frame of mind & perceptions. We create this reality together one way or another. I think ascension will be world-wide, but not with aliens whisking us off to some "heavenly planet", or god coming to judge us, nor do I think we'll be dodging too much "angel cannon" shrapnel like the bible says. I think our great thinkers and inventors will make some new breakthroughs on knowledge new & old as well as "other".

So what is the whole 2012/ascension thing about? Not sure...but I have a guess as to what we might see.

Personally I predict waves of "wtf". What does that mean? Well maybe one day there will be an abundance of ghost sightings and/or ufo sightings. Based on the "brighter" or "more energetic" theory of our stellar movement. I sort of glibly reference this theory as "turning up the gain". Just to skip some skeptic inquiry and satisfy the rational that there is in fact an energetic "excitement" of the planet that all scientists have been paying attention too openly including NASA:
Solar Storm Warning
Backward Sunspot(reportedly signaling the start of a new solar cycle)
And the alignments continue from there with other energetic implications as we line up with the galactic center and pass to the "bottom" half of the galaxy.

Now there is evidence that would lead us to believe that with the aid of technology (or mind's eye for that matter) you can see ghosts, UFO, & possibly other "dimensions" of reality via the different light spectrums.
Here's a short article on the different spectrums and what the people at TAPS have been able to do in particular with IR cameras: HERE
Here's a blog article with a theory about NASA using UV and IR cams to see into other "invisible" places: Here
But this has long been theorized wildly by many people scientifically and "mystically" for some time now. It's just hard to find studies on that subject since it seems most people are afraid to take on the project for one reason or anything.

So now imagine, more energy being pumped out by our sun, essentially exciting everything in some way, be it heat, radiation, spectral light, etc, essentially it's like turning up the "brightness" or amplitude in a sense that all energy is wave-form(& we are all "energy") and UV & IR hover just above & below the visual spectrum respectively. So what happens now that you just turned up the gain(or volume, or brightness) on the amplitude of the light we are currently receiving? Well, maybe all of a sudden those things that are hanging out in that IR & UV spectrum just above and below us might just become a bit more visible to us...

This is a total theory and I honestly would love to hear the "holes" it has in it in a calm civilized assessment of course.

The funny thing is I'm starting to think that even if God "him/herself"(hypothetically) comes out of the sky, says to us all "Hey everyone, pretty much everything you've been hearing is true in a sense and here's some alien friends to say 'hi'..." as the sky lights up day or night with angels & ET's.... & some people would still call it a hoax, or say it was a mass hallucination, or some other BS.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   

most people interpret 2012/ascension as "end times" but all it means is it re-sets. OOOO! scary!

May day May day! We might have a problem here! Reset Reset! For the most part humanity has failed, not humanity exactly, but for those of us who enforce the laws and make laws! We have allowed people to manipulate us in ways unimaginable. It needs to be reset for the good of all living things. Until then, I don't mind settling things the old fashioned way, by force.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I have to say the answer is yes and for two reasons. One is the understanding of oneness. Most would not consider this to be scientific but since everything in existence is one in the same, technically I believe it is scientific. This however is not the main point of my repsonse.

My understanding of the fourth density is that it is composed of the entire vibrational spectrum. I have seen this through OOBE, meditation but most importantly, here in the third density. Ever since I was little, I've been able to see the vibrations. About six months ago, I started feeling the vibrations as well.

I am probably the last person that should be talking about science, but I have to imagine that there is a way to measure vibrational energy. I do not know if you can measure fourth density vibrations with third density technology but since it resides within a spectrum of energy, I cannot understand how science and ascension do not work in unision. Espicially considering our understanding for energy, light, and vibrations.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:18 AM
link   
No, there is no ascension of the physical body. The physical body is merely a vehicle to allow the spirit to interact with the physical world. Though spirit development or growth can take place within this interaction and when the final steps of your development are occuring, some refer to this as ascension.

new topics

top topics

join