It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Over 40 Million Dead Babies - Will Either Obama Or McCain Stop The American Abortion Holocaust?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yossarian
reply to post by slackerwire

Interesting. If you or your partner (not sure if you are a guy or a girl) became pregnant and the baby was aborted for those reasons, you'd be ok with that?

I'm a guy, the wife and I decided to have exactly 1 baby, he was born in December, and there won't be any further children in our future. Ever.

Yes, I believe more abortions are needed for population reasons.

posted on Jun, 15 2008 @ 03:12 PM
link   
So is this really about abortion? Or are we just finding another way to slander Obama? From the sound of some of you, he is to blame for the whole thing.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Story here It seems Obama approves of infanticide. Or at least, that's what is alleged. He doesn't support the Born Alive Infant Protection Act.

Even in this article, she blames him for that bill not passing.

Stanek wrote that, “in Illinois, the state version of BAIPA repeatedly failed, thanks in large part to then-state Sen. Barack Obama. It only passed in 2005, after Obama left.”

With all the political crap aside, I have to agree with the OP in that abortion is just wrong. It isn't a religious thing either, IMHO. It is the humane thing to do. If Obama was truly to blame for allowing abortions, then yes he would be wrong.

I think that adoption is the way to solve the problem. There are so many people that are waiting for adoptions, it is inexcusable. What I find to be contradictory about our laws, is that contraceptives are not allowed to be sold to anyone under 18.

All in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by slackerwire

If it can't survive on it's own, it isn't a human (yet).

Ha, couldn't have said it better myself.

This proves once and for all that all these Obamatronic Liberals are not human because it's obvious they can't survive on their own, always asking for hand outs and such.
Thanks.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:19 AM
link   
A form of population control, through depopulation, but then again most souls won't sign up for a quick ride in less that was all that was needed to begin with.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
What I find amazing is that we're focused on this when we literally have millions upon millions of children who die every year from disease or starvation. Yes abortion is not the ideal choice but many women around the world are put in circumstances that few of us can even imagine. If we as a society spent far more time dealing with the more important issues of aiding the children already here the world would be far better off. Another thing I always find amazing is those people who often scream the loudest about abortion have no problem with the death penalty. Hmmm...build me a bridge on that one, especially given the huge number of cases where DNA tests have proven again and again we've convicted the wrong people far too often...and often because of person's skin color. I'm sorry but the world has far more pressing issues related to real, live human beings as opposed to a quivering mass of a few cells. That we as a society remain so focused on 'cells' as opposed to living children simply speaks to the amazing ability of so called religious leaders to always invent new ways of making the world remain FLAT!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by MandM

Would you rather be supporting 40 million babies or do you want 40 million babies who are unloved and despised by their parents growing up into 40 million hateful adults because of the horrible lives they've lead? Or is your vision one of "they'll all be adopted by loving parents and live happily ever after on this already overpopulated earth"?

Don't you think there is already enough child abuse, starvation and lack of freedoms in this world? Now you want to inflict worse on more innocent lives? Anti-abortionists need to be realistic for once.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Well put! I wish every anti-abortionist would put their time toward helping the millions of children who go to bed alone or hungry or sick every night. Nobody advocates that abortion is the best choice but it is not our place to dictate to others. Every minute people remain in the endless and fruitless argument over abortion valuable time, energy and resources are wasted that could have gone to the children already here.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:49 AM
link   
Are you volunteering to feed, house educate and otherwise take care of the next 40 million personally?

How about their offspring, and theirs and theirs.

How about you take responsibility for what you can within your reach and means? And allow others to do the best they can within their judgment.

Unless you have god like powers you should not be pretending to have god like authority or rightiousness.

If some power greater than yourself came down the street throwing lightening bolts and frying "Sinners" in judgement. If he claimed to be your God, would you be in a frenzy to hand over your neighbors and family for judgement?

If your answer is yes, I can only tell you buddy, that ain't my God for sure. I would try to do what I could to shut him down permanently.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 05:24 AM
link   
one women who really needed the abortion she was denied...

news.bbc.co.uk...

by the way, we have lots of babies up for adoption, and yet, they don't seem good enough, people are still going halfway across the world to find better babies.

and no, neither mccain or obama will do anything about the abortion laws, just like bush and other conservative officials didn't do anything meaningful with them. they just passed a bunch of legislation that was later struck down by the supreme court because they didn't consider the health risks to the mother. there is no way on this earth you can say that a few cells in a women's has the right to kill or permanantly disable it's host. so, you are stuck with what we have till they can come up with some legislation that protects that host from death and disability.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:01 AM
link   

If it can't survive on it's own, it isn't a human (yet).

Uh .. no.

If he or she can't survive on his or her own, he or she is most definatly STILL human.

Are people who are in the hospital on breathing machines NOT human?
Are people who need insulin to survive NOT human?
Are people who have heart pacemakers NOT human?

The planet is vastly overpopulated already, more not less abortions are needed.

If it's so overpopulated that you think we need less people, then perhaps instead of murdering the most helpless people, we should open voluntary euthenasia centers. I'm sure, since you are so concerned with the planet and all, you'd be the first to volunteer, right?

Originally posted by Hal9000
I think that adoption is the way to solve the problem.

That's how we came to have our daughter.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by dawnstar
by the way, we have lots of babies up for adoption, and yet, they don't seem good enough, people are still going halfway across the world to find better babies.

That's not exactly true.

The waiting list for babies is very long. When we started the process we were told it was an 8 year wait. We ended up going overseas (Bolivia) because we didn't want to wait 8 years.

It has nothing to do with 'better babies'. It has to do with not wanting to wait for 8 years. And yes, we were very much open to inter-racial adoption. But the states don't like to do that sort of thing.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
As a proud parent the issue of abortion turns my stomach and is something I could never do. That said i know plenty of women that have had them and I would never judge them. I believe its a womans choice. Pregnancy and child birth arent easy, neither is supporting and caring for a child for 18yrs. Parenthood should be a choice and not something that is forced on you. Mistakes do happen unfortunately and no contraception is 100% reliable. Also there is the difficult decision of termination when there are defects and disabilities with the fetus. What about when assault has led to a pregnancy? Should a woman be made to go through with the pregnancy? I believe not.
Again i would support anyone having to make this horrible choice.

I have seen first hand the agony of this decision which has been far from easy. The procedure isnt pleasant and there is pain after, although thats nothing compared to the guilt the woman feels, despite the choice being the best one for both mother and child.

I think that banning or making the procedure illegal will just drive it underground and in to the backstreets. Women will still have abortions but they risk dying and getting infections. Its possible for babies to survive backstreet abortions and be left with disabilities and deformities. Would that really be an improvement?

Abortion is an unpleasant but necessary procedure. Instead of governments making it illegal they would do better to focus on education and contraceptive advice in the hope of reducing the amount of unwanted pregnancys which I admit are worryingly high.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by mikesdenver

Happen to have even a single piece of proof substantiating your claim about the race of the death penalty recipient?

Factual proof, not speculation please.

In fact, how about naming a single person who received the death penalty solely because of their race.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Are people who are in the hospital on breathing machines NOT human?
Are people who need insulin to survive NOT human?
Are people who have heart pacemakers NOT human?

Naturally they are human, as they HAVE ALREADY LIVED, as in experienced life.

If it's so overpopulated that you think we need less people, then perhaps instead of murdering the most helpless people, we should open voluntary euthenasia centers. I'm sure, since you are so concerned with the planet and all, you'd be the first to volunteer, right?

I fully support euthanasia centers. The government has no power, nor right to tell someone they cannot end their own life.

If the time ever came when I become a net drain on family, friends, or society, I would gladly end things myself.

Would you?

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamie83

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
As a side note: A friend of mine has a sister who had to have an illegal abortion.

What do you mean she "had" to have an abortion? Nobody has to have an abortion, at least not yet anyway.

except... 9 year old girls, women who already have children and would die due to birthing problems...and of course the ones you really hate, women that control their own bodies.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Margaret Sanger
Founder of Planned Parenthood

www.dianedew.com...
In Her Own Words
"The most merciful thing that a large family does to one of its infant members is to kill it."
Margaret Sanger, Women and the New Race
(Eugenics Publ. Co., 1920, 1923)

On blacks, immigrants and indigents:human weeds,' 'reckless breeders,' 'spawning... human beings who never should have been born." Margaret Sanger, Pivot of Civilization, referring to immigrants and poor people

On sterilization & racial purification:

Sanger believed that, for the purpose of racial "purification," couples should be rewarded who chose sterilization. Birth Control in America, The Career of Margaret Sanger, by David Kennedy, p. 117, quoting a 1923 Sanger speech.

On the purpose of birth control:

The purpose in promoting birth control was "to create a race of thoroughbreds," she wrote in the Birth Control Review, Nov. 1921 (p. 2)

On the rights of the handicapped and mentally ill, and racial minorities:

"More children from the fit, less from the unfit -- that is the chief aim of birth control." Birth Control Review, May 1919, p. 12

On the extermination of blacks:

"We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the Negro population," she said, "if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members." Woman's Body, Woman's Right: A Social History of Birth Control in America, by Linda Gordon

www.icr.org...

It is all connected,
Darwin, Hitler, and the Culture of Death

The meme was planted

The weak should be killed by the strong, having ‘no pity and less benevolence’. The diseased, deformed and insane, together with ‘those swarms of blacks, and brown, and dirty-white, and yellow people … will have to go’ in

H.G. Wells

www.answersingenesis.org...

But Obama's record on abortion is extreme. He opposed the ban on partial-birth abortion -- a practice a fellow Democrat, the late Daniel Patrick Moynihan, once called "too close to infanticide." Obama strongly criticized the Supreme Court decision upholding the partial-birth ban. In the Illinois state Senate, he opposed a bill similar to the Born Alive Infant Protection Act, which prevents the killing of infants mistakenly left alive by abortion. And now Obama has oddly claimed he would not want his daughters to be "punished with a baby" because of a crisis pregnancy -- hardly a welcoming attitude toward new life.

www.realclearpolitics.com...

www.users.bigpond.com...

[edit on 103030p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Margaret Sanger - Founder of Planned Parenthood

She was vile.

Here's some stats for ya'll -
abortion is black genocide

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Margaret Sanger - Founder of Planned Parenthood

She was vile.

Here's some stats for ya'll -
abortion is black genocide

From your link:

"Since 1973 there has been over 13 million Black children killed and their precious mothers victimized by the U.S. abortion industry"

Victimized? Were those black women forced to have abortions? No. It is a choice.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hi Flyer,

One of the major problems I have with Obama is his stand on abortion.

I am pro life, that TOO is now a dirty word and politically incorrect,

Imagine that to be PRO LIFE in todays society is something to be ashamed of.

Speaking near the end of Black History month, representatives of several pro-life organizations described abortion as "black genocide" and said it should be a primary issue for African Americans.

"Abortion is a racist, genocidal act."

We can talk about poverty; we can talk about the war; we can talk about teen pregnancy; we can talk about incarceration. However, if we're not allowed to live, we'll never encounter those issues," said Alveda King,

"Abortion is the number one killer of black Americans -- killing more black people than all other deaths combined," she said. "Yet there are black men and women who stand in support of the vicious killing of our smallest children -- all in order to win popularity contests or for the coveted prize of becoming the first black president of the United States."

www.baptistpress.com...
They are not wrong, I was so taken when I saw this on the news that they finally made the connection.

What does it say about our society and how confused it has become,

At one time fertility of the land and the womb was the most sacred of all things,

We have lost.

[edit on 113030p://bMonday2008 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Pro Life means pro life. I am pro life but I'm not an anti-abortionist. Anti-abortionist need to call themselves by appropriate terminology.

And citing quotes from people in history is not going to answer what anti-abortionists think will happen to the allegedly 40 million unwanted humans who's parents would have aborted them... and the many, many, many more problems making abortion illegal would create.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join