It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

End of the Word, what do you wear?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello, I am a big believer that we will strike Iran for whatever reason our Government will make up to justify such an action. I think it may be just that Iran and Iraq are almost spelled the same way and in the same part of the world so why stop a good thing. I also feel that Iran has done a good job keeping our military busy with their proxy armies in Iraq and Afghanistan. I would then expect that they have some sort of retaliation in mind if we strike them directly thru our air or sea power or thru our Proxy in Israel.

Therefore, as a result of our dysfunctional leaders, if the world goes to heck in a bucket, my question is what should you pack for the apocalypse. In reality, Water, food, shelter, defense. Do you get MREs or do you get canned food (Corn Nibblets probably taste better after a dirty bomb). Do you get a hand gun, shot gun or hunting riffle?

Any real suggestions would be appreciated, Corn Nibblets not included.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I'm still trying to decide if I want to wear the man suit or the bunny suit. Either way I want to go out in style!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
I'm going out the same way I came into the world. Naked as a jaybird. Besides, if nukes are going off all over, I won't have to worry about tan lines.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I'm going out the same way I came into the world. Naked as a jaybird. Besides, if nukes are going off all over, I won't have to worry about tan lines.

Damm! You beat me to it. I wanted to say that

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I'm gonna put on my Prince costume and party like its 199....200.....201..

Oh never mind.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:18 PM
link   
A 3-minute warning is just sooo little time to choose the perfect outfit for the end of the world dah-link...it takes half an hour just to choose suitable shoes for the occaision!

link   
at your witty replies! and dang, here I am thinking all seriously....

Well, Good socks and boots. Long pants, t-shirt, and a plethora of camo hats for my shiny head. Extra sunglasses and lots of bug juice. This being hurricane season for us, and weirdness season for the planet, we're well stocked foodwise and waterwise. Water seems to be the most overlooked variable of the survival kit. If you think two cases of bottled water are "plenty", then consider your hygiene needs, cooking, etc. If the two of us are in survival mode and are being conservative and even washing clothes in the sea, and reusing gray water, a minimal amount of water used for us is 3 gallons/day. Of course, no matter what happens, we're making out stand here. If you're lucky enough to be able to make that choice, then it's sorta calming.

Now, lessee, back to fashion. Well, I kinda favor matte black for accessories, such as knife scabbards, belts, packs, hatchet covers, flashlights and........ well, pretty much everything. Other than snow and sand situations, flat black can blend in most anywhere with a little cleverness.

Suggestion..... go snag some cheap first generation night vision while you still can. It's gotten pretty inexpensive now that the following generations are out. Makes a potentially big difference in your ability to protect your family at night, as well as foraging and hunting. Weapons are a very personal choice, closely tied into your skills, abilities and mindset, so I can't advise.

Hard to go wrong with a modest collection of hand tools and construction hardware. You all that have garage sales and stuff like that ought to be able to pick up handsaws, augers, handdrills, crosscuts saws, trenching tools, etc. pretty cheaply.

Oh, and let me drag out my favorite reminder: toilet paper. If you can't make it or fake it and you gotta have it, stock it. My survival mantra.

link   
Well, when situation X happens, what to wear is probably the last thing you are going to worry about. Most of us will probably only have the shirt on our back. If you are prepared perhapse a change of clothes can be hidden at some undisclosed location. But then again you have to get to your spot before the THEY come and round us up and throw us in cattle cars.

As far as the other details

In reality, Water, food, shelter, defense. Do you get MREs or do you get canned food

All of the above!! If you really want to know try the search button. Their is a wealth of information in the ATS archives discussing these very matters.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
If I am reading your replies correctly, Naked as a Jaybird will be the new black for the coming apocalypse. However, I do agree with the good socks comment, life is worth living with comfy socks. I am thinking a nice pair cashmere socks with the toes and the cammo hats seem like they will be equally as fashionable. So, naked with comfy socks, and cammo hats, the apocalypse will be like a lot of the parties I attended in college.

So Night Vision is a good idea along with the other ideas, but there has to be a shopping list of required items. I also totally agree with the weapons selection will be a personal choice but they will be needed for personal defense and food. I am thinking a 9mm handgun since that is the most abundant ammo available at most gun stores?? Don’t even get me started where I plan on hiding my hand gun while naked as a jaybird, but I am going to feel a little pinch.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Shorts and a t shirt would be just the thing for me!

If i have enough time, sneakers too!

Dont laugh....I do sleep dressed...just in case i have to take off running.

This is what this world is doing to me- oh and if i can have time to pop a tranq its even better!!!

Hello God!!!!!
(hopefully)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:51 PM
link   
If I have time to choose my attire it will be nothing but sandals on my feet and a belt at my waist to hold my handgun and a towel to sit on.

Oh yes and a hat with a stash pocket for various prescription drugs

I can promise you it won't be a pretty sight.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

And just think, the water for us to swallow the pills might be provided for us by the Tidal Wave!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan

Lol
my friend said the same thing except he added being by a certain part of a womens body

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Dont laugh....I do sleep dressed...just in case i have to take off running.

Awwww mannn,
There goes another perfectly honed fantasy.

Instead of thinking 'Marilyn Monroe type' in a negligee.. All I can picture now is Zola Budd..

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AGENT_T

I save the Victoria Secret for YOU.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
i plan on wearing a main battle tank

yeah, its a man thing

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:08 AM
link   
If I had to pick 3 items. Two guns and a diaper, no wait, the other way around.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Is a beer cooler strapped to an A.L.I.C.E pack harness considered a fashion accessory?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:16 AM
link   
A blind supermodel might come in handy as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:19 AM
link   
First thing i'd do would be to tie a few baking trays together and use them as rudimentary body armour to hide under my clothes a la Back to the Future 3.

Then i'd head down to the local police station and ask whether or not they wanted a hand with anything.

Provided they said yes, i'd keep an eye on things to see how they went, and if the chance comes, grab one of those taser-guns or even some mace and leg it.

So, i'd be armed with a taser-gun or mace (or both!) and would have home-made body armour.

If they said no, i'd probably go and find a cricket bat or something.

After all of that, i'd probably go home and start boarding up my house.

I'll just feel better about the fact i'd have a ranged weapon, is all.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join