It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*Another Crane Collapses In Miami..*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
FOUND A SOURCE
**** www1.wsvn.com... ****

Well, I dont have any news articles yet cause this just happened. I do have some pictures, they arent that great cause the police wouldnt let me and my sister get any closer
and I took them with my phone. lol =/

This is the second one that has fallen really close to me... ugh
Maybe Im jinxed??

So far all i know is that one person was hurt.. but they said hes okay now... I guess we'll know more later on.

Of what I saw, I think only half of it collapsed down.

Pics -

Shar will probably put some more pictures up in a bit.

--Minnie

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**UPDATE** Two construction workers were ingured. But they are okay now. The worst injury was a broken arm.

When this happened they Evactuated the first 12 floors of the Marriott Hotel.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by minnie]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Jeez, I'd be wearing a hard hat outside if that kept happening around me. Very quick at the scene Min, you should be a reporter when you grow up.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Now, is it just me or is there an epidemic of cranes falling down? How strange is that? Why? Step inside the shoes of those that build the cranes themselves. Now, the only thing I can see is that all these cranes are defective and are built by one company. If they are NOT built by one company, why are they falling down? I've NEVER remember hearing of this many cranes falling over!!

Just something to think about..

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

my wife asked me the same thing as we drove back to the city last weekend. The second crane accident had just happened a day or two earlier and we were coming over the bridge when she asked it. I told her to look at the skyline in any direction. I told her to count the cranes.

she couldn't. there were that many.

the number of cranes in and around the city is probably at the highest it has been in a long time, possibly the most ever. The number of cranes being higher would increase the risk for accident. Add to that the potential for cost cutting thanks to a slowdown in the economy and you have a recipe for disaster.

That was the best we could come up with.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Crakeur

out of curiosity, with the property markets down so much what exactly are all those cranes building? Resorts? Apartments?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by minnie

i see they are trying to save money big time in the construction business these days

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Here, they are building A LOT of the Condos..every where you look here they are working on or building one.

Imo, it makes the city look awful! all these half built buildings, and cranes everywhere....ughhh!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I found a link to the story, www1.wsvn.com...

Shar's comp. is having problems staying on the internet, lol, but she's gonna put up some pics as soon as she can.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

well, the property market in nyc isn't down like the rest of the country and the time it takes to build a 20 or more floor building is a bit longer than a condo. These things have been going up for a few years now. new buildings everwhere. who the hell is going to live in all the new apartments is a mystery.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
You should take a look at Dubai if you want to see an incredible amount of cranes...

The following link is a real eye opener if you want to see some incredible construction projects...
What's going on in Dubai?

Man, with all those cranes, I can't help wondering how many are falling down over there.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by SystemiK]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
I could had these pictures up sooner if my computer stayed online. LOL> Just kept going off line.

Anyways, I was at the pool when I heard a very loud crash. I was like what was that. I knew it had to be that crane. Then within no time sirens going off. I went over to the wall and saw this. I couldn’t see the crane cause of buildings in front of me. I called Minnie and she went to the scene. However, I knew what it was cause of the sound it made. These are the pictures I got with my phone. There were news helicopters above my head too.

It is right beside my building. That makes 2 in this area. I think 2 in NY now. weird.

Rockpuck,

Yes, they are building Condo’s here and also repair work to old ones it seems.

Cranes are everywhere. It does not look pretty either.

Hey its on our local news now. I saw my pool on there. LOL. Theres my marina. Anyways, I"m typing but cant get my computer to download pictures.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Shar]

new topics

top topics

join