It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Dallas UFO

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by _Mr.X_

Mr. X, for being someone that is supposedly not involved at all with this hoax, you sure do seem to fight for it like it is your child.

I can read you like a book. But, its more like a childrens book.

The sheep goes, ba a a a a.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Odd hunger for strange in
reply to post by _Mr.X_

Ok... I am from Dallas Richardson to be exact so i think i should say a few things. First this is my first time speaking aloud here on ATS, but i have been following what is done here and i must say i am impressed. The community, site Admins, and moderators all do a great job presenting information that would otherwise be pushed into a file cabinet! Enough of that... Ok now these so called videos were taken on I35 here in Dallas two of them heading North towards Richardson and Plano, and the others heading south OR southwest towards Deep Ellum & west Dallas area respectively! This is surprising, to me for two reasons. 1.) Deep Ellum is were a great majority of Dallas bars and hot spots are located so there would have been mass sightings!?! Im sure of it! I myself have been over there every weekend for the past year 1/2 ... i can't imagine a couple 1000 people walking around missing the chance to film this.

2.) There are four highways converging in this area 75 central I45, I35, and I30. I think it is very unlikely that the only footage shown seems to come from the same car or SUV coming one direction then going the other on the same freeway! People out here are horrible drivers present company included and an event like this would have definitely cause an accident. I mean come on we get lite showers here and there are multiple accidents on most major highways
I know the users on this site are pretty good about scooping up stories as fast and accurately as possible, but i seriously live maybe 10 min's away from the "Green Building", and This is the first time i am even hearing of this!!! I don't expect anyone to invest to much stock in my words but rumors, and gossip travel fast out here and after stephenville everyone i know would have been talking about this.
So sadly i have to say
MYTH BUSTED!!!

P.S. I do believe just not in these vids and people like CAPT PROTON should know better!
We have a bad name as it is here in Dallas...

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Odd hunger for strange in]

I copied and Quoted all of the ABOVE Post to Confirm the exact Sentiments 1000%.

I am East Of Downtown, 9 miles.

He is correct in that the freeway ( 35 N) is the same freeway in 2 of the Videos. First time I saw it I immediately thought they just "flipped the tape" .

2 Witnesses each video, FAKE ACCENTS... I'm born and raised here and I have to TRY to sound 'even close to that' with a smile on my face while I'm doing it.

No News Locally, No rumors, NOTHING!

Deep Ellum and West End are both Blocks from each other and are MAJOR tourist and Local Attractions. They Go until after 4:00 am in Deep Ellum with the after hours Art and Coffee shops. Lots of Street Walking, Downtown Highrise Living on a MASSIVE scale, Police Helicopter, Communications Tower and Central Station RIGHT THERE. Dont forget the People waiting at the bus stops ( and TRAIN stops ). Very Large Public Transit system here, and it gots a LOT of USE. Reunion Arena ( the Ball ) has a Radio Station on the top obsevation tower, and the ball "rotates". People are on the observation deck and in the upper restaraunt all hours of the night. ( Great for 4th of July ). Great After Dinner Drinks.

This would have IMMEDIATELY been on the Radio LIVE announcements, with TONS of tourist Video, and Surveillance cams everywhere. Just at Reunion Tower ALONE. All over Downtown are Big Brothers redlight and Traffic Cams with Pan tilt and Zoom. Police Substations right at Deep Ellum and West End.

People would have Intentionally hit each other on the freeways around here to make the traffic stop to witness this event. ( At least stop in their lanes) Heck they do that Daily anyway, just chattin on cell phones or just being ignorant asleep drivers.

The Videos are a fake production. Even the Spanish Accents were WAY too Overblown. I'm white and that offended ME.

One of the Videos has a short flash of the "Infomart" Building, right at the end of the tape. Thats at Oak Lawn and 35 N if you want to look it up. Google Earth 'street views' it to see the front decorative 'facade' of the Informart. Right across from Channel 8 News and the American Airlines Center. Baby Does Restaruant ( the One with the Waterfall seen from 35 N ) is up on a hill between these two, with an outside patio. Another tourist attraction. Until 3:00 am or AFTER, this entire area is 'loaded' every night.

I'm calling HOAX.

At the Same time though I must say that I have Personally seen 3 UFO's Here in Dallas since 1985, at LESS that 5000 feet distance, ( both Horizontally and Vertically ) with 4 or more witnesses EACH time RIGHT NEXT TO ME.

Thats "another time" thing though..... One would be a Great incident to investigate, because after the event, 2 of us 4 never saw each other again, or spoke again. To locate those 2 Sisters, and Me and My buddy K,
it would be extremely interesting to compare memories after all these years, un polluted.... and not discussed. ( T. Roundtree btw.)

I digress...

Calling BS on the Dallas UFO vids. Really ..

LOTS of GREAT Artists, Videographers, and Photoshop experts here in "Big D". Professional Quality, World Famous, Fashion and Advertizing. Video production and Film Making ( Hollywood productions ).

Then you have the Liars that have a computer and a cell phone.

Best Regards,

Blitzkreigen

Let Me add 1 more thing... Every NEWS agency around here has an Office Downtown, WITH TOWER CAMS set up on TOP of high rise buildings to watch the weather and fireworks and haze conditions, high speed chases, etc...

Thats just whats Public.

'Police', 'Traffic' 'Personal' and 'Security' cams are very popular here. Not to mention Squad Car Dash cams, and other 'commercial vehicle' < sic> monitoring systems.

Search "Tower Cam Channel 8WFAA" or request info from the station(s) on where they were pointing at this time. you could Try Fort Worth too, as they are set up the same way. 30 miles west.

I personally would not waste any more time, and begin to close this thread, marked as HOAX.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Blitzkreigen]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Next time use motion blur, otherwise it looks way too fake. Also try to use a motion track, and as always make sure you match the fps.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Next time use motion blur, otherwise it looks way too fake. Also try to use a motion track, and as always make sure you match the fps.

Yes, the Frames Per Second was my very last and final weapon to kill this hoax. I was saving it for a special occasion. It was the first thing that I noticed when the UFO exited the view's.

I usually like to keep a few winning arguments to myself until they are needed. If you give away all the secrets of the CG artists, then the hoax's only get better and better. I was hoping this hoaxer tried again, and made the same mistake. But since you gave him the advice, I guess I might as well come out and say it as well.

The smoothness of the UFO's movement is not consistent with the FPS of the video camera. This is a sure sign that CG animation was used.

The video probably has like 30 FPS, and the CG animation probably around 100 FPS, and the very final product that we see in the youtube video was the combination of the two, into 0ne final FPS. This makes the UFO move more smooth then the video it was layered on top of.

There are still many other factors that scream CGI that I will keep to myself right now. I don't want to help hoaxers any more.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:11 PM
link   
For this reason alone these boards are losing credibility.

Seriously...

4 angels... 4 movies...

in yet... the UFO "leaves" at a different angle in each movie. That angle would be.. directly at the person shooting the film.

Obviously, common sense would reveal that an object that leaves at a specific trajectory viewed from 4 different angles "should" show the object exiting the scene at different locations... RIGHT?

Again, it hurts to see fakes / hoax films in 2 line posts get swallowed up the the avg joe and believed. Its just weak.

I digress.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Triton1128]

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Triton1128]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Looks fake to me. At first it looked more like a reflection from a mini led flashlight or something pointed inside the window and later moved upwards. But the spark thing points more to cgi?
I also wonder whats this building? A spaceport where the shapeshifter reptilians clock in and out?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by nyloncylon]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I guess people don't realize that 100+ replies and a dozen flags will get this kind of stuff up on ATS' front page. This undermines the credibility of ATS and the UFO community in general.

There's nothing wrong with posting YouTube videos here to get people's opinion. But giving so much attention to something that is clearly a hoax degrades the overall quality of the UFO/Aliens Forum.

I thought jimbo999 posted a much more authentic looking video in this thread.
No one seemed interested. Any Spanish speaking members could have tried to contact ufologists in Costa Rica. Instead people seem more interested in perpetuating (and flagging) nonsense.... which is why the subject matter is ridiculed.

PS- This isn't a knock on the OP. Again, like the Phili video, I believe the OP was honestly curious. Check out this thread for tips on how to spot hoaxes.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I've heard the "these threads hurt the UFO field" many times. I don't think they actually do.

By showing how these things are done, why no ammount of doctoring can go totally undetected, hoaxers are outed. And people that never read past the first page aren't intellecually capable of meaningful contributions to the field anyway.

And those truly desiring knowledge will persevere long enough to be rewarded with the few true mysteries of this subject.

At the very least, by showing the flaws, we actually keep the integrity level up, not down.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
epic fail! -

4 fakes don't make it real - that's funny - dude's driving around the same car taking footage in different angles then adding effects with go live or something -

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:39 PM
link   
ALLis0NE, I've been rather disgusted by your behavior in this topic. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that you have helped to prove that all of this is nothing but a hoax, but you should not be ridiculing the hoaxer in the same manner they like to ridicule us. It has been proven with absolute certainty that the videos are fake. If the hoaxer wants to continue arguing, that's fine, but if I was the person who just proved him wrong, I would just ignore him and move on elsewhere. The topic will either be closed or moved to Skunkworks eventually anyway.

[edit on 6/10/2008 by SonicInfinity]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
you don't need a cgi expert to debunk this.

to the odd's

what would the odd's be for 4 stanger's be driving down the road at the same time to capture 5 to 10 second's of video then go oh we say a ufo .

so unless they got mystical odd's they all captured the same object at the exact same time ... for no reason while driving.....

myself that show's it's a fake..no cgi expert's needed

look at the world trade center's..... all that action..only a handful of video's show the 2nd plane.

and none realy show the first lol...

so 4 people spot a dim light and record it....while driving

but a full city ican't even capture on video of a airplane hitting the pentagon

see my point
there fore fake

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by _Mr.X_

4 Different views? All 7 to 8 seconds long? The views all looked very similar to me and the was one of the weakest ufo vids that I have ever seen. It looked more like a smear on celluloid than it did a ufo.

I'm still waiting for that one video that can't be debunked. I wonder if We'll ever get it.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Actually could u please point out to me the different positions because
this was the first thing i checked and it seemed ok to me
thanks mate

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
this is one of the worst attempts on a ufo sighting that i have ever seen

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

And those truly desiring knowledge will persevere long enough to be rewarded with the few true mysteries of this subject.

At the very least, by showing the flaws, we actually keep the integrity level up, not down.

Yes I agree to a certain extent NGC..

It probably doesn't hurt a field already chalk-full of misinformation and disinformation. However, I know a couple of people (I have referred to ATS) who thought the site was a bit silly..

I try to encourage people to be patient because what seems silly to some might not be to others. But it's hard to fault their skepticism when the first thing they see (on ATS) is a huge discussion centered around an incredibly fake looking ufo..

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
ALLis0NE, I've been rather disgusted by your behavior in this topic. I can say without a shadow of a doubt that you have helped to prove that all of this is nothing but a hoax, but you should not be ridiculing the hoaxer in the same manner they like to ridicule us.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but, Ive always lived by the motto, "an eye for an eye".

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnnyrobbo
reply to post by ALLis0NE

Actually could u please point out to me the different positions because
this was the first thing i checked and it seemed ok to me
thanks mate

Does it even matter, these videos are so obviously FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE FAKE, it's sad that people are continuing to entertain them.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Sorry for the inconvenience, but, Ive always lived by the motto, "an eye for an eye".

So if a man shot your mother, you'd go shoot him? Where would it eventually stop? If that's what you'd do, then that's a personal preference we disagree with, and since it's personal, there'd be no way to resolve it except to agree to disagree.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:36 PM
link   
We should start a Dallas Paranoid Is Normal society. There must be a half dozen or so ATS'ers willing to meet at West End and search the area for those little alien boogers this space craft left behind. They're probably waiting on the 6th floor of the School Book Depository with their little ray guns pointed out the window right now!

For some reason the Attack on Dallas vid sticks in my mind as a scene from a movie. I just can't recall what movie it was.

I say to get to the bottom of this we have to stop and search every DART train coming in and leaving West End. Once they reach Parker Station, we're doomed!

Who's with me?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join