It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

recent posts not showing in the threads

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Recently I will see that a member or a ats anonymous has posted to a thread but when I go there to look there isn't anything there. It's making it difficult to respond to discussions.

I have tried closing my firefox and deleting cookies but it doesn't work? Is it my computer the site or what?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Anonymous posts are reviewed by staff before they show up.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

For example my thread Do you believe in Peak Oil Now? shows Britguy as the last poster, but the post is not there?

ACK!!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
Anonymous posts are reviewed by staff before they show up.

Well I don't blame em for that, but are there glitches?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

There is also a glitch that comes and goes that causes this. What happens is that a thread, usually with several pages, will have a person show up as posting when viewed from the Most Recent page, but when you go there it doesn't show.

This seems to happen when the new poster is the first one on the new page, say page two, and the thread doesn't refresh itself. When another post is made, and there's now two posts on this page two, suddenly the missing post, as well as the second one on that page show up.

I'll now return to your thread and post a test to see if this jump starts the process.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
OK, my test post, being the second one on a new page made the first one on that page, the one by Brit Guy, show up.

And no, before you ask, no one seems able to chase down just what is causing this glitch. It's annoying, but it's just life, at least for now.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

Gotta love the internets. It doesn't happen on all threads or posts.

But I'll blame it on reptilians for no particular reason.

new topics

top topics

join