It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Does God Make Most Suffer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrMysticism

(continued)

It would seem that with all the good she did in the name of Gods work she would of been rewarded with an easier life and not die so young.

Apparently, this IS (and is going to BE) a common complaint amongst those who merely confess that Jesus is Lord.

Matt 7:22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?

...die so young

(Sorry for repeating the last part, but I've got more to say on this.)

This (what you said) implies that it was a tragedy. And it may very well have been. So, this begs the question:

"What can we do to avoid tragedy like this?"

Back to what Jesus said:

Luke 13:4-5 Or those eighteen, upon whom the tower in Siloam fell, and slew them, think ye that they were sinners above all men that dwelt in Jerusalem?
5 I tell you, Nay: but, except ye repent, ye shall all likewise perish.

Here we have Jesus talking about a tower falling and 18 people are killed. It was a "tragedy". Jesus then told them how to AVOID these tragedies:

Repent.

"Repent" means simply to "change your mind about sin". It can be likened to one traveling in a certain direction for a very long time and turning around and heading the other way.

You can't repent of a mistake. You can't repent of what is RIGHT. You CAN repent of sin.

I'm afraid that with me following the same lifestyle I'll never stop struggling. Face it in todays society you have to be hard to survive or you get eaten by everyone else.

This is what the world tells you. Not the Bible.

I'm starting to feel that the lifestyle that is guided by the Bible is impossible to go by in todays hard world.

This is nothing new. Jesus talked about it:

Matt 13:20-21 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

You just can't survive without being a little hard or dishonest!

Matt 13:5-6 Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6 And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.

And once again I'm to use a quote from you from above:

I'm afraid that with me following the same lifestyle I'll never stop struggling.

I suppose this is correct.
HOWEVER..there is a lighter burden...much easier...

Matt 11:28-30 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.
30 For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.

<< 1   >>

join