It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Opposite of Wicca ?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Ha your version would probably apply to a lot of people

I am not really up in my proverbs, any other good ones ?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:46 PM
link   
There are thousands, Sapere.

Enough to keep a spiritual seeker of wisdom entertained for years.

And those are the ones on the internet.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Anguis in herba - A Snake In The Grass

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I find a lot of them to be along the same lines

Many about God and love and such.

May I ask, are you a religious person ?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapere_Aude

You could probably start by typing in "English Proverb" into Google.

Oh, there's variety.

Arabic, Native American, Russian, Chinese, the works.

Like i said sapere - have faith in small things.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Once.

Now Spirituality is my faith, and Wisdom my religion.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:52 PM
link   
What do you mean by Spirituality?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapere_Aude

I have faith in my spirit - which i believe is the ultimate meaning of Spirituality.

Such is Wisdom.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
That is a very wise out-take on life

I'm off now to read for my english dissertation.

Was a pleasure.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:22 PM
link   
This is what I choose to believe:

The Holy Bible
John 3:16
16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. 17 For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him. 18 Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God's one and only Son."

John 12
44 Then Jesus cried out, "When a man believes in me, he does not believe in me only, but in the one who sent me. 45 When he looks at me, he sees the one who sent me. 46 I have come into the world as a light, so that no one who believes in me should stay in darkness.
47 "As for the person who hears my words but does not keep them, I do not judge him. For I did not come to judge the world, but to save it. 48 There is a judge for the one who rejects me and does not accept my words; that very word which I spoke will condemn him at the last day. 49 For I did not speak of my own accord, but the Father who sent me commanded me what to say and how to say it. 50 I know that his command leads to eternal life. So whatever I say is just what the Father has told me to say."

[edit on 10-6-2008 by checkers]

posted on Feb, 22 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   

what is the antithesis of a wicca apart from a demon?

There is none. In Wicca there is no demon figures, we don't believe in all Evil/all Good deities, that concept doesn't even make any sense, you don't have that concept in nature itself. In Wicca, we believe that a Dinamic Polarity is needed in order for the Universe to operate. Polarities like Light/Dark or Life/Death are dinamic by themselves. Evil/Good is subjective and human concepts, they aren't present in Nature.
For example, a fire in a forest is evil. Or... is it? Ashes help the soil to get nutrients and seeds germinate quicker that way. The fire also clears the way to new plants to grow. It's a matter of prespective and it's "evilness" it's a human prespective.

Works the same way with the God/dess, they both have Light/Dark aspects, depending on the time of the year. The God of Light, isn't a God of "Good", it's just a God of the Light time of the year - the Warm part of the agricultural cycle. The God of Dark isn't "Evil" or the "Devil", it's the God of the cold part of the year. Same thing with the Goddess, the Dark Goddess is the one that carries the souls to summerland, she's the Crone, wise and cunning. She's Death but also Healing. The White Goddess, is Rebirth and Fertility, rulling the Light time of the year.

What I mean by that is, from what I have read thus far to become a Wicca you need to go through an initiation which is all very well, however you have to answer to the God and/or Goddess.

This is incorrect. In traditional wicca, you need to be iniciated and keep a oath of secrecy, that doesn't apply to wiccans in general. Due to the fact that Wicca is a growing religion and the modern demands of the wiccan/pagan community, the amount of solitary practitioners is way higher than the ones that work within a coven. Does this mean that all the solitary practitioners aren't Wiccan because they aren't iniciated? No, it means that they just can't find a group to work with, they might have found it and didn't get accepted or they just don't like to work in a coven. Some might be self-iniciated, others don't find that that's all that important. Coven iniciation and self-iniciation may not be equal at outsiders eyes but it's the iniciated feeling/sensations that really matters.

And again, no. You don't have to answer to a God/dess. You can answer only to a God or, like in Dianic traditions, a Goddess only. You can even worship no Gods at all, like people I know that can't find any deities to connect with, some work only with elemental forces, like Earth, Air, Fire and Water.

What if you don't want to answer to them? What if you wish to answer to the Devil/Source? What would that make you? Just a demon?

If you don't want to answer to any God/dess, you don't. It's that simple. Since there are no demons in wicca... that wouldn't make you anything, really... but certainly wouldn't make you a wiccan either.

If so how would one initiate yourself ? Do you do the Wiccan Initiation, answering to God/Goddess but just practice Dark Magic and the Dark Arts ? Does THAT make you a demon?

You should dedicate yourself before you decide to go for initiation. Self-dedicate yourself, study for a year and a day - which allows you to experience all the Sabbats of the Wheel of the Year and all the Fullmoon/New moon Esbats too - then if you really want/are ready and know it's the right path for you, they you iniciate yourself and keep studying and practicing.

You can do an iniciation answering to your ancestors, to the Elements or to yourself.

No, that doen't make you a demon, just a very inexperienced person. Dark Magic/Arts don't make you anything. Magick is energy and energy is neutral. Just like electricity, it can keep a life support machine running or it can electrecute you, you decide what your want your karma to be and what result will come to you but if you choose to harm people, then wicca might not for you. Witchcraft on the other hand, might be your path and maybe you should dwell on that. Seek other occult traditions, like cerimonimal magick, it might suit you better and you might find what you're really looking for.

How would you accomplish it with keeping you soul and humanity intact ?

Sorry, only your conscience and Karma "knows" and we all know that karma is a b...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join