Opposite of Wicca ?

page: 1
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Hey guys,

Well the thing I am very curious about is: what is the antithesis of a wicca apart from a demon?

What I mean by that is, from what I have read thus far to become a Wicca you need to go through an initiation which is all very well, however you have to answer to the God and/or Goddess.

What if you don't want to answer to them? What if you wish to answer to the Devil/Source? What would that make you? Just a demon?

If so how would one initiate yourself ? Do you do the Wiccan Initiation, answering to God/Goddess but just practice Dark Magic and the Dark Arts ? Does THAT make you a demon?

How would you accomplish it with keeping you soul and humanity intact ?


Any help and answers would be much apreciated



[edit on 9-6-2008 by Sapere_Aude]




posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Here, this should get you started....

www.joyofsatan.com...




posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Satanism is NOT the same thing as Wicca. Wiccans believe in the Law of Three meaning that everything you do will come back to you threefold. Everything, meaning every good and bad deed. Harm none is our philosophy.

We do not summon demons or believe in Satan AT ALL. What the opposite of Wicca would be, I'm not sure, maybe Dark Magick/some Satanists, ones who actually worship Satan. (Not all do).



posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:31 PM
link   
The only opposite of I know for any religion is atheism.

And If you wish to speak to demons and the devil, then satanism is probably your thing, though not thats really the concept of satanism, though I'm pretty sure satanism appeal to some people because your basically unbounded by any "morals" or restriction that would hold you back you from doing what you desired, but there are satanic ritual involve other wise satanism...well wouldn't be satanism.

But yeah endrun is right Wiccans are not Satanist. Wiccans are more in touch with nature, or at least the spiritual aspect of nature.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by skyblueff0]



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Thank all

Just to make clear I am only expressing an interest to see different outlooks not because I wish to become a Satanist.

I understand what Wiccans are all about, like the Threefold thing and the spiritual/nature thing.

Was just curious.

Any further information still aprreciated !



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ihavenoidea
Here, this should get you started....

www.joyofsatan.com...




Thanks I'll check it out!



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by endrun
Satanism is NOT the same thing as Wicca. Wiccans believe in the Law of Three meaning that everything you do will come back to you threefold. Everything, meaning every good and bad deed. Harm none is our philosophy.

We do not summon demons or believe in Satan AT ALL. What the opposite of Wicca would be, I'm not sure, maybe Dark Magick/some Satanists, ones who actually worship Satan. (Not all do).


I am not trying to argue or anything I am just genuinely interested.

Are you saying no Wiccans believe in the Devil ? If the believe in a devine being surely there would be an oppostie of him/her. If not does that mean you believe they are also responsible for the bad things ?



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Heh.

Again a child falls to the darkness.

Satan is supposedly unmatched in his evil intent, according to a lot of christians, but i beg to differ.



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by skyblueff0
The only opposite of I know for any religion is atheism.

And If you wish to speak to demons and the devil, then satanism is probably your thing, though not thats really the concept of satanism, though I'm pretty sure satanism appeal to some people because your basically unbounded by any "morals" or restriction that would hold you back you from doing what you desired, but there are satanic ritual involve other wise satanism...well wouldn't be satanism.

But yeah endrun is right Wiccans are not Satanist. Wiccans are more in touch with nature, or at least the spiritual aspect of nature.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by skyblueff0]


I agree that being bound be no morals would be an appeal for many! Myself included.

I know Wiccans are not Satanists, that would be ridiculous.



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anti-Tyrant
Heh.

Again a child falls to the darkness.

Satan is supposedly unmatched in his evil intent, according to a lot of christians, but i beg to differ.


What do you mean by that ?

I don't really understand



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapere_Aude
 


People spend their lives going to and from different religions, tasting a little bit here and tasting a little there, maybe now and again learning how to make a meal for themselves out of it.

I imagine, from what you have said, you have learnt to sustain your spirituality from the Wiccan structure of faith.

Tell me, sweet child, did you ever consider believing in nothing?



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
What makes you think I do believe in anything?

Maybe that is why I am curious about what other people believe in to discover why I do not, and so far have no reason, to believe in anything?



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Sapere_Aude
 


Ah, but you have faith, do you not?

If not faith in anything other than yourself...



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Of course I have faith in myself

After all I can rely on myself.

What does having faith have to do with believing in things, pray tell


[edit on 10/6/08 by Sapere_Aude]



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Well, you cannot have faith in something you don't believe in, to my perspective.

As such, if one believes in nothing, then one can have faith in nothing - but still believe in reality and have faith in it.

But other than that, go ahead - Satanism will do you a world of good, provided you can get around the occult nature of the practice.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
But you can believe in something without having faith in it.

As I pointed out before I do not actually wish to become or practice Satanism I merely wanted peoples perspectives on the issue.

Knowledge is power afterall.



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Then that would explain the curiosity you showed in my statement then.

Well, i happen to follow a fairly simplistic belief structure, which means i have faith in the smaller things in life.

Like all those little tidbits of conventional wisdom we know as 'proverbs', one of my favourites being "Curiosity killed the Cat".

But yes, i agree - Knowledge is power, that's why people like to hide it.*

*The fools.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I agree

I actually read, I think it was a proverb the other day about having knowledge and always trying to gain more, I cannot remeber it though.



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Ask no questions and you will hear no lies



posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The actual proverb is "Ask me no questions, I'll tell you no lies".

Obviously, it's supposed to be an interpersonal proverb used in a direct conversational manner between two people in a diplomatic setting.

Another i like is one that is mired in biblical connotations, but has been turned into a proverb in daily use;

"Beware of the false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, and inwardly are ravening wolves."

It's a shame i can't turn that around though, so it's "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in wolf's clothing, but are inwardly ravening sheep".

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]





new topics

top topics



 
0
<<   2 >>

log in

join