It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS? What Is It

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
So what is ATS really, is it a place that people come and tell the trurth or is it a place for lies? I have read so many post just laughing and wondering how these people come up with what they say.

Take UFO'S has there ever been a board that is true. It is all bull, its like lets try and put a video on and see how someone can debunk it. I find it funny that most are like I am new here and I don;t know how this works but I found this video so what do you think. And the first reply EVERY TIME is "nice find Star and Flagged"

Oh lets start another board about attacking Iran I donlt think we did that one yet. I think we will attack some time between today and 2030, so lets talk about it everyday.

I just it find it funny that so many people get suckered into these board and just yell at each other. So my question to you guys is what really is this place they call ATS?

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/6/2008 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   
It's a fishing hole. See, the river itself are all the thousands of minds in constant motion. Now some parts of this river of minds have fish. So you just come along and find a likely looking spot, and through your line in.

And just like fishing, sometimes you get caught in the weeds and break your line to no avail. Other times, you have your get nibbles from tutrtles that just want a free lunch. And even when you get a solid bite, something you can really latch on to, the fish gets away. Sometimes you real it in only to find it wasn't worth the fight as it's a gar, so it's really just a junk fish.

But every once in a while, in all that expanse of water where all you can see is the surface, you land a keeper. Something you can get some mental nourishment from. And that's what a fisherman lives for.

Happy fishing.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NGC2736

And to continue your analogy even further, some people who can't find the fish they're looking for make up their own fish, and pretend that's what they were looking for all the time.

See: paranormal studies board where people don't like logic, and anything to do with nibiru/reptilians/chem-trails/UFOs.

It seems ATS is getting more and more synonymous with "Believe whatever you want to believe, to hell with the evidence". The lack of objectivity displayed on this site is disgusting. It has more in common with Britney Spears' fan site than actual studying of anything. Rumours and half-assed guesses are passed around as the gospel truth, piled on top of each other, and then people try (in good faith) try to learn from it, and get suckered in by the wouldn't-it-be-great-if-this-was-true stories and assertions.

It's becoming a joke.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Lately, each day brings a new thread complaining about ATS.

Those of you that complain are a part of the problem. Why not become part of the solution and stop speaking badly of one of the best sites on the Internet.

I don't usually read threads that are nonsense. I pick and choose what I read just as I do in the book store. If you complainers would be more selective we would all be better off.

Maybe if the owners would charge a small fee it would help eliminate the trash and complainers. Since they don't and probably won't charge for their services it seem very rude to complain about the site.

If you put your energy into creating an intelligent thread you will become an asset and not a problem.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:49 AM
link   
you are joking right? Trash, what trash? Yeah maybe if they did charge a small fee it would cut down on the lies that tons of people spreed on these pages. I don;t get why you get so mad that some one ask a question, you have the right not to read what i write. I just don;t get why anyone can post and it is taken as fact. Its always the same old thing on these pages, i can guess the up coming topics..... Attack Iran, Gas going up, and don;t foget Ufo Spotted. So take all your built up anger and find something good to talk about.
reply to post by dizziedame

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by dave420
It seems ATS is getting more and more synonymous with "Believe whatever you want to believe, to hell with the evidence"
It's becoming a joke.

Ghandi said

"Be the change you want to see in the world".

He had a point.

Your effort here decrying the board could have been spent improving it.

Positive change comes with postive action

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Personaly, I think of ATS as a place for people to vent their ideas, beliefs, and frustrations.
I remember Carlos Mencia making a joke about how if they had a place for people to speak out to America in Iraq, then Osama wouldn't have downed the towers. (According to one story)
People see odd things, or have od dthings happen and they want someone to tell it to. Chances are their friends or family will either not listen, nt believ them, or think they're a little crazy. Here they can tell us what they saw and not worry that much about someone they know seing the board. Lets people relax a bit.
ATS is also a place for people to find evidence, beliefs, and philosophys to match their point of view. Which, depsit ewhat people say, is not a bad thing. We have Creationist, Eveutionists, Christians, Muslims, ect. and just about everyone can come here and find evidence for their beliefs. It's just part of what ATS is.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by jcavs88

Oh lets start another board about attacking Iran I donlt think we did that one yet. I think we will attack some time between today and 2030, so lets talk about it everyday.

Considering the volume of threads to do with attacking Iran was already overflowing, i felt that by adding a thread about the ultimate implications would serve to derail the band-wagon.

Apologies if you failed to notice that, but have you noticed how few "Attack Iran" threads there have been recently?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Anti-Tyrant]

new topics

top topics

join