It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave American Politics to Americans

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Yes, taxation without representation. This was part of it.

America has its problems as any country does. Canada seems to have a hatred for their Native persons. This is not endorsed by the goverment but by many people who live here in Canada. I hear it everyday.

A cop said to me a few months ago that he hoped they would all do themselves in afte a stabbing in North Central Regina.

Having lived in the US and Canada Regina Sk seems to have more violence then any city I have lived in. It is downright scary in Regina to have to walk the city streets unarmed!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by whiteraven America has its problems as any country does. Canada seems to have a hatred for their Native persons. This is not endorsed by the goverment but by many people who live here in Canada. I hear it everyday.

Never will I say that just because you're Canadian, that you can't be a jerk.

There's good and bad everywhere, amongst all people. Anyone that says otherwise is a fool...and a dangerous one at that.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
There will always be ways to seperate and conform people, but distractions are good only for hiding whats in plain site.

The U.S.A. has a huge variety from every race, culture here, that is a smart defence when trying to take over the world. You wouldn't want to blow up your brother or sister here in the states would you?

No different then what was implemented in the civil war, when you bring family into the mix from other countries it makes us ONE BIG FAMILY.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mOOmOO

Way to take what I'm saying way out of context on the uneducation remark, mOOmOO. I'm talking about bothering to educate yourself to the ways of other societies versus making snap judgments from your living room recliner based on what you read in the papert and what you see on the TV. Being the stereotypical bigot that YOU are, you had to twist this into a tangent on America's education system because you know the argument is valid and you had no other recourse but to resort to child-like tactics. I won't bother to give your rant on education any more time.

As for the latter part of your remark, you aren't doing non-Americans any favors. I could just as easily say that non-Americans are stereotypical people who make judgments based off the media's popular opinion and not fact. How educated is that?

Overall, I'm proud of this country and I plan to live here until I die. Show me any country on Earth that doesn't have anything to be embarassed about and I'll move there.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by sos37]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   
USA's elections became public worlwide since America interferring every other country in the world and since it's one of few "powerfull" countries on this planet. So every little mistake in USA (or russia or germany or ....) will have influence on the whole planet .... as you could see in the economy crysis that caught the world after hitting the USA. And election is a big thing so believe me it's not just americas problem (the same thing happened when there was election in Russia) and it will have influence on world economy and a lot more other stuff. USA is not some village in Africa that 99% people never heard about .... it's a giant country ... so stop being stupid

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Same view as mr Lizard
Funny how the US invades, places military bases everywhere, coherces and bullies governemnt and the rest of the world should not dare discussing american politics.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
In response to your subject line:
Only if America leaves world politics to the world

Have a great election!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Same view as mr Lizard
Funny how the US invades, places military bases everywhere, coherces and bullies governemnt and the rest of the world should not dare discussing american politics.

I disagree with the OPs statement but I really hope you don't stereotype Americans as badly as Mr-Lizard does. If so then you show your ignorance as well.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:30 PM
link   
At this point you cant really blame people from other nations for being concerned about American politics, seeing as they have a direct impact on a lot of people around the globe.

Personally I am 100% in favor of American isolationism. Bring the troops home, ALL of them, close the borders, strengthen the criteria for foreign students to enter and exploit our universities, make travel visas to the US much more difficult to obtain, and basically focus on ourselves.

Revitalize the home front and strengthen the infra structure. Let someone else play world police and world humanitarian aid leader. We need to butt out of foreign affairs and focus on regenerating our economy and our industry base. It is obvious that we are mostly hated around the world anyway, and clearly if our dollars and our aid are not required or appreciated then by all means lets invest that into our own country so that we can have a strong nation for years to come.

I for one am sick and tired of hearing about it from foreigners. Just as the contempt has grown in other countries, so has the contempt grown here in the US. People are sick of being blamed for everything, sick of always being portrayed as the bad guys and most of all sick of funding people from other countries who do nothing but hate us in return. Isolationism is the best thing that we could hope for.

Take care of our own and the hell with the rest. Let them starve, let them kill each other, it is none of our business to intervene. We should not be in Iraq, we never should have been there to begin with. Nor Somalia or Bosnia or any other foresaken international hole, it is NOT our duty or our responsibility to help or to police anyone else.

And I love to see such venom and personal hatred on this board toward Americans from people in the UK and other supposed friendly nations. Its funny, I never hear people here in the states talk about hating or bashing people from other places, quite the opposite normally. I never hear people talk about the Brits being spineless, fat ass, jelly roll eating, rotten toothed tea sippers who mimmick everything Americans do because they have no originality (not fun to point out stereotypes no?)

I suppose it comes down to who and what is important to you, and frankly you people just arent that important. And with friends like you we really need not worry of enemies. Time for America to wash its hands of the past and start moving forward for our own interests and to secure our own future.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

I believe your attitude toward the topic is ignorant.

Do we not, as Americans, speculate on the elections of other countries, what it could mean for us and the rest of the world? When Iraq was electing a president was it not headline news here. When Venezuela has an election doesn't it become a national discussion? When Mexico holds elections, didn't we talk about possible outcomes and what it would mean for us until we were blue in the face?

The foreign policies of any president are worthy of attention from any country that is not our own because those policies can directly affect how any given country is treated by that country.

America considers itself to be the bringers of peace and freedom to all. If I were living in a country that could be considered a "good candidate" to bring democracy too, I would be very involved in the outcome of an American election. Especially when America considers the proper way to bring democracy to any other country to be to bomb the ever loving bejesus out of it!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I never hear people here in the states talk about hating or bashing people from other places, quite the opposite normally.

Really....It doesn't seem that long ago that we were calling French fries, "Freedom fries" because we hated the French for not supporting us in
the Irag invasion. Selective memory is a curious thing, eh?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by BlackOps719
I never hear people here in the states talk about hating or bashing people from other places, quite the opposite normally.

Really....It doesn't seem that long ago that we were calling French fries, "Freedom fries" because we hated the French for not supporting us in
the Irag invasion. Selective memory is a curious thing, eh?

Excellent point Whaa! It always amazes me how easy it is to ignore that which we do not want to see. I have to say you are certainly Denying Ignorance today!

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
Everybody that does not live in the United States of American should stay out of discussions about the Presidential Race. They are making assumptions and thoughts and theories about a Country they have never had the pleasure of living in. If you are so worried about our presidential race i suggest you move over here and deal with what real Americans have to deal with on an everyday basis. I don't talk about politics in your country so return the favor to the American People and butt out of our discussions.

Once your country minds It's own business, maybe the world will mind it's own.

But why?

Haven't you heard seperation breeds hatred. Why should people NOT talk about the elections?

[edit on 10-6-2008 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

What was that....seven, eight years ago? I am speaking of the here and now.

By and large I rarely ever hear anything negative being spoken towards people of supposedly friendly nations. Mostly people here like Canadian people and Canada as a whole, the Americans I know LOVE Australia, heck half of them would live there if they could. I never hear people bad mouth the Brits, and most people that I know who travel there on a regular basis for business seem to think it is a nice place to visit (sans the occiasional American hating local).

My point is that it seems a lot of folks in these other nations have a difficult time distinguishing between US government and US citizens and the people who live here. A lot of cheap, off the cuff shots are taken at Americans on a constant basis about how fat and uneducated and redneck we all are, when the fact of the matter is most of these people making accusations probably have never known a single average American in their lives. And if they are basing assumptions on what they see on tv, then I suppose Snow White and the seven dwarves must be real too.

As far as that whole Freedom Fries nonsense, that was propaganda introduced by some overzealous politician who decided to stoop to ignorance and stupidity when confronted by a hostile French reaction to the invasion of Iraq. It was political, no real actual people bought into that crap. Maybe you did. And in all honesty the French have never been held in high ragard by most people in the US, probably due to their snootiness and disaffection toward American tourists (cant blame them really
)

FYI the French are not exactly revered in the UK either, or most anywhere for that matter. Personally I like French culture and the real actual French people that I have met were very pleasant people to drink with.

See, stereotypes are usually not very accurate. And often the ones who are pointing their fingers are the ones with the most to hide.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I believe that was Fox News and the MSM spreading the propaganda.

Americans are not to be characterized by the MSM....no more then I should characterize a Brit. from watching the BBC.

Many American's love France and many American's know their history ties in very closely with France.

Part of the reason for the Viet Nam war was because we decided to "help" out France.

THE ONLY place I ever heard the term freedom fries was on the BOOB TUBE...I never heard it first hand and i love French Fries

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211
All of which goes to my point that make sure you're perfect before criticizing someone else.

And given that imperfection is one symptom of the human condition we should all take a back seat and just let things happen devoid of criticism and inspection.

Give yourself a pat yourself on the back for that bulletproof logic

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
I'm terribly sorry that I've not had the 'pleasure' of living in America, but I'm very happy to say i've visited many, many wonderful places on this planet and the idea of being shot at by a fat, racist, fast-food swallowing hunter with a gun bigger than his ego doesn't really appeal to me...

Neither does waking up to find out how many kids have shot each other in the face at their local high school or your corrupt voting system, your war-mongering leaders, your delusional attitudes towards any religion that isn't christian fundamentalism and xenophobic fear towards anybody that wears a turban.

Keep your America mate, keep it.

I don't have a problem in the world with people from other countries giving their opinoins about our political system. What i do have a problem with though is is people spewing forth bigoted, hate filled opinoins that stereotype all Americans based on what they see through the media. And people that can not seem to seperate American citizens from our goverment.

We are not our goverment and believe me many of us do not agree with most of what our goverment does, unfortunately we have no control over our goverment as they have gotten way to out of control.

You refer to Americans as fat, racist, fast food swallowing hunters with guns bigger than their egos. May i ask where you get this knowledge from ? And how might i ask do you have the nerve to call anybody a racist after the hate filled, bigoted rant in your post ? Seems as though you may have a few dilusional attitudes of your own.

Might i suggest that you give us the consideration of judging us as people and not judging us based on our goverment and what you see on the news.

You sir were wrong for the hate filled statements that you made about people that you do not know, and really an apology is in order.

As far as keeping America, Thank You i think i will do just that. We may have our problems here (what country doesn't) but as far as i'm concerned it's still the best damn country in the world !

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Actually that's a terrible and hypocritical idea.

Unless you get out of Iraq and Afghan, then I'm afraid to say the rest of the world will be watching over your shoulder with a look of concern on their faces.

I'm terribly sorry that I've not had the 'pleasure' of living in America, but I'm very happy to say i've visited many, many wonderful places on this planet and the idea of being shot at by a fat, racist, fast-food swallowing hunter with a gun bigger than his ego doesn't really appeal to me...

Neither does waking up to find out how many kids have shot each other in the face at their local high school or your corrupt voting system, your war-mongering leaders, your delusional attitudes towards any religion that isn't christian fundamentalism and xenophobic fear towards anybody that wears a turban.

Keep your America mate, keep it.

Wow, this sucks. with all the educational philosophical or psychological material the internet has to offer, the dark alliance still manages to infiltrate your mind with divide and conquer tactics, do you not see how you have become what you despise?

Your statement really just shows how uneducated we really are about elitist agendas. You dont think your country is making money off of what is going on here? Whats going on anywhere? wow. people really are what you say they are arent they.

What is on tv and what is on the streets are two completely different things.

Do you understand psychology at all? Do you see the types of people that go on these shooting rampages? Do you ever think they are being taken advantage of? Its just really sad to think that you think such things of America, and not specifically about Americas government. The government has become the teacher here, and un-education in their sword, the less education a man has, they more one tries to fulfill themselves with illusory purchases, and if they are un-educated, they may not be able to afford such purchases so they do what they can to obtain them, and if they still have any moral threads left in their outfit, they may not go to such extremes, but then they keep watching television and eventually they snap from being anti social due to the excessive extremism posed on the television and in the lack of an excellent public educational system, and then the news being mainstream and all about showing others that its okay, you're not the only one with this idea, lets see if you can rack up a better high score for dead people.

Seriously, there is some messed up stuff that happens here, but its not the peoples fault, being in America, and watching the tele without a proper education, is either going to lead to obesity, over egotism, suicide, rape, burglary, drug abuse or homicide, and its not mentally healthy people that will be doing it, so can you blame them? or do you have to look to the source of the downfall in the first place?

I'm sorry, I don't mean to sound offensive, I just want to speak for the MILLIONS of Americans who don't watch TV and have an excellent education or sense of common sense, and guess what, a lot of us are immigrants from your country(s) and got our educations outside of the states, so if you are going to generally lump all Americans together like that, you are included because your culture too helps make up what America is.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Well to my European friends who say that their country is far superior in an intellectual standpoint, allow me to point out that mine was the only one that sourced actual books in my post, and yet no one responded. My point was that Europe as a continent has a terrible tendancy (from before teh American revolution) to stereotype Americans. But that's beside the point. I accept that many of you Europeans are unable to sustain the interest to read anything beyond an internet article.

My larger point for this post is to look at the videos that show the "american stupidity". My point would be that rather than showing the stupidity of Americans, it shows the irrelevance of much of the rest of the world that people are simply not willing to appreciate. Its not a symptom of American stupidity, rather the irrelevance of much of the rest of the world to American life and frankly the world as a whole.

For example the video asked Americans to name countries that started with the letter U. Well not including the United Kingdom (which most Americans think of as Great Britain) the list incldes: the United Arab Emarites, Uganda, Uruguay, Uzbekistan, and Ukraine. Well let me put that into perspective.

The GDP of Ukraine is 364 billion, of UAE is 129 billion; of Urugay is 37 billion; of Uzbekistan is 56 billion; and of Uganda is 52 billion. Together that is 638 billion dollars. The GDP of the US is 13.13 trillion dollars. That means the combined GDP of all the countries that start with U is 7.6% that of the US. Suprise, surprise. That is irrelevant and Americans don't care. So you've got some videos showing Americans don't know that Uruguay is a country. Guess what ... It doesn't matter.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by XBadger]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

Unfortunately, the majority of Americans know less about their own nation other than what they are told by their politicians and their mass-propaganda media centers.
Its the people in other nations who do thorough research who know what is really going on, and the fact is....the outcome of this election will have a very significant affect on every person of every nation.
Especially Canada and Mexico, Saudi Arabia, Afghanistan, Iraq and Iran,
what with talks of forming a North-American Union, and changing the currency of all three nations to the rising Amero.
If you truly feel this way about other people of other countries, perhaps you havent dug deep enough into the international issues on the rise.
With the rise of the NU, the EU building its troops, Asian union and african union all falling into place...and with many, many predictions of a WWIII between 2008 and 2010, this election will impact all of our lives, not just the petty lives of the dumbed-down "Americana's"
Also, if u feel that way, look into other nations current affairs.
Such as Canada's answer to the war in Afghanistan. I bet anything u didnt know that we apparently will stay there untill 2011, and use nuclear force if necessary.
Or the European Union, and its rise to fascism, experimenting with tracer chips in passports, and the soon-to-be tracer implants.
What about the ID's they and America are playing with that has your ID, bank, and personal/psychological information imprinted into a database so that people are easier to control?
Most people on this site look into your inferior nations politics, economics, and conspiracies, because it all fits together with what is going on in the rest of the world.
So make a choice.
Keep digging and piece the picture....
or leave the intellectually superior conspiracy theorists to their theories.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join