It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leave American Politics to Americans

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

I'm terribly sorry that I've not had the 'pleasure' of living in America, but I'm very happy to say i've visited many, many wonderful places on this planet and the idea of being shot at by a fat, racist, fast-food swallowing hunter with a gun bigger than his ego doesn't really appeal to me...

Keep your America mate, keep it.

And here folks we have displayed for your viewing pleasure, the average (very average) British mentality. Cynical, negative, and all too happy to swill away yet another Becks while belching out loud about fat, gun happy americans.

Ask yourselves why these individuals are SO fascinated with us. Could it be because we kicked them out of our country not once, but twice, to do away with their tyrannical rule (most Brits don't know about the "twice" part), or could it be a genuine hatred for the nation that then turned around and saved them not once, but twice from being the tea drinking lapdogs of the German empire? How about BBC anti-American propaganda or our silly president?

No, the real reason they hate us is a lot more straightforward, it's jealousy. Americans are happy, extrovert, and positive, something alien to the British consciousness, we love life, we love work, and we are energetic and enthusiastic. The British are lazy, negative, and hateful towards anyone (even in their own society) who tries to better themselves. BS you say? well if it's such BS how come I see record immigration figures for UK nationals, how come I can't turn a corner over here without hearing that plummy accent, how come our TV networks are filled with British presenters. Strange for a people that has such a deep loathing of us isn't it, you bet it is.

When Americans finally wake up to just what a nasty mob you really are, you'll find our doors will be closed one day, and then we'll see who has the last laugh.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
Everybody that does not live in the United States of American should stay out of discussions about the Presidential Race.

There is no America. At least not anymore.
There is just one big conglomerated mass of western corporate playground.
I would be happy to leave you to your own mess, but unfortunately it directly affects policy and lifestyle in my country.
I want an end to corporate corruption which pollutes my life every day and American politics happens to be a big part of that problem.
So, get over yourself. You're wasting energy on this line of thought and there are plenty of real issues.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Retseh

Now come on. Don't hold back.

Tell us how you really feel, huh?

(Then go read up about the Battle of Britain and when the US entered WW2)

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 04:54 PM
link   
You stay out of my country, with your globalizing, money hungering corporations eating my culture, and influencing my government, and MY economy, and I'll stay out of your politics.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
How about this, both sides chill out because who doesn't love BEAR GRYLLS, MAN VS. WILD

British Special Forces.

That guy rocks.

dsc.discovery.com...

enjoy

[edit on 11-6-2008 by menguard]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Retseh

Keep your America mate, keep it.

And here folks we have displayed for your viewing pleasure, the average (very average) British mentality. Cynical, negative, and all too happy to swill away yet another Becks while belching out loud about fat, gun happy americans.
....Could it be because we kicked them out of our country not once, but twice, to do away with their tyrannical rule (most Brits don't know about the "twice" part),

While neither party here is playing nice, I do feel compelled to mention that Beck's is a German beer, and y'all did get your butts kicked in the War of 1812. We count that one as a 'win' for us.

I'm happy we make nice now.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

Oh dear, you have opened a can of worms haven't you. Well, the United States of "American" is a great country, without question. However, I have lived in the US and outside of it, and you clearly haven't had that perspective.

If you don't comment on other countries politics then that's fine for you as a single person but, you know what, the US government can and does comment and get involved in other countries politics, and therefore it makes common sense that others get involved with ours. The mid-eighties are gone my friend, the super-power reign is over, we are global now, and our businesses act globally, and it affects other nations, so the people of those nations have a right to voice their opinion. Now, you might not like it, but the constitution of the United States of America gives everyone the right to free speech and I'm sure that even though Thomas Jefferson was putting the laws in place for the US, he really felt that everyone around the world, American or not, has the right to free speech. Isn't that what makes the US great, that we don't put people down or dissuade them from speaking freely?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
wow, retseh, that is a bit harsh. Funny too, considering that I, as an american, find most americans to be completely uneducated in history and completely oblivious to what is going on in the world now, as opposed to most europeans who i find to be much more educated, not only about their own history, but about the histories of others as well, as well as much more knowledgeable about world events. Their media is also much less biased than the american media where you really only get singular points of views (rightist).
And speaking of that history, its interesting to note that prior to us "saving" the british from being lapdogs to the germans (i think actually that the fall of germany can be more credited to the russians than to us), we were also responsible for giving arms, oil, and steel to said germans, even as they were fighting the europeans.
Then theres the image you portray of the happy extroverted positive americans. You must obviously be one of the minority elite, because working in the middle lower class, as i do (and as do the majority of americans) i see mostly defeat, depression, sickness and frustration. Most americans i know HATE their jobs, and find no satisfaction in their day to day drudgery. They work because they need to get by, and even working several jobs most make only enough to BARELY pay their bills, and many now are losing their homes and property. I recall watching bush one time in an interview talking to an old, fat, obviously beaten and tired american woman, and he asked her the last time she went on vacation, and her reply is she hasnt been on vacation in decades because she has to work several jobs just to support herself and her children and bush smiled and said "isnt that wonderful?? isnt that just so american!" like it was a GOOD thing!! what a dumbass. This is a large part of the problem with americans, why they are all sick, depressed, on psyche drugs. Our lifestyle is unhealthy, we are the hardest working people in the world, even having surpassed japan lately and yet we get no compensating raise in wages due to it (the US GDP has doubled since the 70's and yet the average americans buying power has not increased AT ALL), we are overworked, underpaid, get no vacation, and they wonder why the # of americans suffering from anxiety disorders and depression is skyrocketing at an exponential rate. I know, i work in psychology. I see it every day, and i KNOW its all from american lifestyle, high stress, high pressure jobs, destruction of family and community units and terrible eating habits. And finally to your last point, america is no longer the largest venue of immigration in the world, i believe europe now takes more than us, and many people are actually starting to leave america and go home because the dollar is so rapidly falling. Im sure it wont be long that all the mexicans and hispanics will see the collapse of construction (as the housing market collapsed) and will start vacating and looking to other countries for work

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:48 AM
link   
To the OP.
I believe anyone with a keen interest in world and current affairs may discuss any topic they wish.
I'm not gonna start putting any nation down or trying to enter a why we/you are better or worse.

Your opening statement is one of the most ignorant and extreme Nationalist(racist) posts i've read.
That's like saying you can't talk about space unless you've been there or about the chinese earthquake unless it threw you out of bed when it struck.

I think it's interesting to get "outsiders" opinions as sometimes we who are living it/in it can be very blinkered or biased in our views.

you seem to have rubbed alot of folks the wrong way with this and i'm glad many people (from many countries) disagree with you.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by eric52081

Get a grip..
and a clue.

Bush made me have to pay attention because he made it my businesswhen he decided to invade a country and then came to mine to beg for help.... Or was it....oh ya, Bush involved my country by weaving a story, and then sent his spin Dr's to rally our citizens in public parks and so forth to LIE to my country and try to MANIPULATE us with fears, lies and half truths...Ya, that was it.
The US came to us so we would risk our safety and the safety of our troops to fight his made up war. Hmm... they came to us...
To me, that makes it my business to follow and discuss your politics whether I live there or not, CAUSE IT EFFECTS ME. When your officials or spin Dr's stop coming to drag us in, or stop asking for our help, or when your elected officials decisions cease to effect me, then I will stop paying attention...gladly.

I only pray McCain (Bush part3) doesn't get elected, cause as I said, I would like to stop having to pay attention and have a little confidence for once in a very long time that your elected officials can handle the job. Believe me, we have enough to do watching our own.
After this war, NAFTA, this stupid free trade superhighway b.s and so on, I just pray one day some trust can start and we can be friends and neighbors and work together...now I sound like Dorthy in OZ...but I can't help but wish.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I'm terribly sorry that I've not had the 'pleasure' of living in America, but I'm very happy to say i've visited many, many wonderful places on this planet and the idea of being shot at by a fat, racist, fast-food swallowing hunter with a gun bigger than his ego doesn't really appeal to me...

The OP is correct. You have just demonstrated that you have NO IDEA about American life. You, sir, have drank deeply of the anti-American Kool-Aid.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:44 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:12 AM
link   
With risk of sounding arrogant here, how dare you tell anyone of non US origins to keep their noses out of US politics. The US government is the reason we in the UK are now paying $10 a gallon for gas and $15 a gallon for diesel. Americans seem to think they can tamper with everyone else's politics. Well I say its about time that the rest ofthe world has a tamper with yours. You DONT rule the world, you DONT care about anyone but yourselves and we DONT really care about you. You are all lost in your own little world and think that everything will be done your way. Ive got new for you PAL. Its not your way or the highway anymore. You americans need to be taken down a peg or two. Off your high horse and into the real world with the rest of us. Grow up, all of you. you make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Look, this should not be an "us and them"situation.
The O.P. instigated the appalling tone in this thread and we should not rise (or drop) to the racists mentality.

There are good and bad people in every society,religion,race,country......
whatever, and there is no "reverse racism", just RACISM.
Please can we avoid commenting and adding fuel to the xenophobic cesspool this has the potential to become.

Thanks, blup

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 06:35 AM
link   
I havent read this whole thread, and sometimes its better that way!

I beleive the whole world should be involved. After all, we have affected

the planet and made it worse for everyone. We are not solely to blame,

but most governments of the world seem to be in cahoots- so i think we

should ALL be concerned about what happens here and everywhere.

We are all in this mess together.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lozoya
You stay out of my country, with your globalizing, money hungering corporations eating my culture, and influencing my government, and MY economy, and I'll stay out of your politics.

Well, if you supposedly live in a free country, then the people there are (for some reason) buying and using all the products you seem to be complaining about of their own free will. And I'm sure no one from the U.S. is holding a gun to your heads to force you to buy anything from the U.S. Of course, if you're from the UK, well, guns are banned, so even if we did try to force you, I guess we'd have to hold something like a spoon, or maybe even the cardboard tube from a roll of TP to your head in order to put the fear of God into you. Buy this now!!!!

Sounds kind of spineless to blame the U.S. for all your (country's) problems.

[edit on 6/13/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Since the US is no more than a corporation of the British Crown(Research the Fed Reserve and how they play into the world banking situation based in London), speculation about other countries involved in our politics means little. We are run by big money with an intentionally induced 10 trillion dollar debt for the purpose of keeping the US under the thumb of the banking houses. An old Rothchild saying is, (paraphrasing)"Allow me control a countries finances and I care not who makes its laws." This were never more true than today with economic and financial control out of London like the recent bank loan scams, the US is being used like a drity whore and fall guy for European aristocracy and always has been. Who does everyone think came here the last couple hundred years and made all the money? They have zero allegiance to this country. The Fed Reserve has controlled us since 1913 and those banksters have been wrestling with our government(you and I) for control since the war of 1812. That is who these presidential puppets bow to andget on their knees to be Knighted after their duty as US President. Why don't they address the fact that we are being torn down by Big banking, big oil and big Pharma all intimately linked? Because they are the Representitives for big pharma, big oil and big bankng, everyone knows it, or at least they should. Follow all the money folks and see who has not only put us in debt but who keeps us in perpetual debt for control. So bottom line is that foreign inerest has controlled the US for most of our tenure as a country anyway. We have been sold a pack of lies about a US govt that stopped functioning effectively long long ago. Awareness and intention of these facts will go a long way to exposing these crooks for who they are but they also own the media so that won't be easy. Please understand what is happening in the US today and the plan to destablize the middle class(the once every 60-80 year practice to remove our clout and keep the top 1 % powerful) and how World Government entails lowering the US middle class standard. The masks are starting to come down off of these fools and awareness will allow them to be exposed even faster. The weapons of "mass deception" has been found by many a truth seeking and truth telling marginalized author, but is our responsibility to spread the word or the USS Titanic will continue to sink fast.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I would like to tell those who belong to nations other than the U.S. that I welcome your opinions on our politics just as we are free to participate in discussions of yours. The sad fact is that most of us don't read enough or pay enough attention to the affairs of the rest of the world to have anything intelligent to add. One of the reasons I like ATS is that it allows for many diverse ideas from all parts of the world.

I remember a thread a few months ago in which a Chinese citizen was defending communism and he was just "shouted down" by Americans, many of whom have never read Marx or Engels, and most of whom know only the anti-communist point of view we get in this country. I didn't agree with everything the Chinese citizen said, but it was refreshing to hear somebody who has really experienced it.

As many posters have already said, what the U.S. does affects the rest of the world. It is a superpower, we often intervene in the politics and policies of other nations, and it behooves any intelligent citizen of the world to be informed and knowledgeable about our affairs and what we are likely to do next. Who are we in the U.S. to say you have no right to form your own opinions and/or to speak them?

It is said that conquerors don't have to understand or acknowledge the cultures they dominate. So we in the U.S. often feel we don't need even to learn other languages than English. The U.S. attitude is the rest of the world must understand us, not the other way around. I confess that I am not well enough read in the politics of other countries to participate intelligently most of the time, though I follow British politics with interest.

I personally am interested in what people outside our country think of our politics, especially your comments on the upcoming election (which will definitely affect most of you). The U.S. can no longer live in isolation, if we ever really did.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:55 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Excellent post and i applaud you for your honesty and integrity

Starred

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join