It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FOX troll ambushes Bill Moyers, gets killed with kindness, then leaves visibly shaken *video*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   
This dope obviously failed Trolling 101 at FOX University (or F.U.).

The look on the FOX reporter's face is priceless, like he's gonna get drawn and quartered when he gets back to the station or something.

Peace

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
I didn't see what you saw in that interview, but then I could hardly understand what was being said.

Still Bill Moyers is just slightly left of Dan Rather and is one of the most biased reporters in the game today. In fact, he's not really a reporter at all.

As for Fox News, I watch it quite frequently and I can tell you that Fox is the least biased news source in America today.

Even Hillary Clinton, who has avoided Fox for years, had to admit that she had been treated more fairly by Fox than any other news source in the US.

Those who complain about Fox either don't watch or they don't know the difference between a news program and commentary program.

In either case, however, Fox will give both sides of the issue a chance to speak, even if a particular commentator holds another view of the issue.

By the way, I don't like ambush style reporting, but it is a common style used today in journalism and it certainly wasn't invented by O'Reilly.

[edit on 2008/6/9 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I saw a report on this interaction on O'Reilly last night.

This was no troll reporter.

Fox was there to cover the event and it was so hostile that Fox reporters were concerned for their safety.

Bill Moyers when asked a question by the reported, refused to answer to question and began taunting the reporter, stroking the reporter's face with his hands and other completely inappropriate activity.

Fox reported the event as it happened and let the attendees speak for themselves.

All in all, it was a disgusting display and that's my conclusion without any commentary by Fox.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Bill Moyers is a Patriot of the highest degree. He is on the forefront of a wave of a broad spectrum of freedom lovers seeking a fair media not beholden to corporate interests. We NEED a free exchange of information without filters so that we can make informed decisions in our elections. Bill Moyers is working to keep the internet free as well.

Fox News is most definatly biased. I mean seriously folks wake up already.

So why is oil not $20 a gallon anyway? Did Rupert Murdoch really say that?

looks like Moyers got Fox to broadcast the question

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:24 AM
link   
hey grady i watch fox all the time and i watch it because it IS so biased lol peace

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I for one hope that reporter is at the very least rewarded for his loyalty, because he's about to have a hard time of it with his bosses.

It's a good day for reporting though.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

Bill Moyers when asked a question by the reported, refused to answer to question and began taunting the reporter, stroking the reporter's face with his hands and other completely inappropriate activity.

Grady, I know you weren't trying to be funny with that quote, but I damn near fell out of my chair when I read that.

On topic, what you saw as inappropriate behavior I saw as "killing with kindness". He basically framed the reporter's face with his hands, as a father would a child, to make sure that he (Moyers, the father) had the child's (reporter's) complete attention. Nothing inappropriate about that.

BTW, I really should take back the "troll" description, but unfortunately my edit window has come and gone.

No, actually this is my assigned forum, the edit button is still there. Guess I'll stew on it for awhile.

Peace

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Dr Love]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bugs_n_recovery
hey grady i watch fox all the time and i watch it because it IS so biased lol peace

Could you be specific and perhaps you can also tell us why you get your news from what you consider to be a biased source.

Also, in this particular instance, there is little that Fox News could have added that could alter the meaning of the attendees own words and actions.

Actually, I think your just being a smart aleck.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Let's see.

Bill O'Reilly will have a guest on for 2 minutes, speak during 75% of the 2 minutes, mostly slandering the guest before they can even talk and then shut off their microphone.

Bill Moyers will have a guest on for an uninterrupted hour and actually let the guest speak without shouting or turning microphones off.

Yes - thats about even.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Grady, I know you weren't trying to be funny with that quote, but I damn near fell out of my chair when I read that.

On topic, what you saw as inappropriate behavior I saw as "killing with kindness". He basically framed the reporter's face with his hands, as a father would a child, to make sure that he (Moyers, the father) had the child's (reporter's) complete attention. Nothing inappropriate about that.

I don't think there's anything funny about my statement and there is nothing appropriate about Moyers's touching the reporter in that manner. It was unnecessary and disrespectful of a man who was doing nothing more than his job.

Personally, I don't like condescending, asinine pukes touching me in any fashion and if I had been that reporter, Moyers would excreting a microphone about now.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by GradyPhilpott

BTW, it wasn't the the thought you were trying to convey that was funny, just the way you worded it. Without watching the video, just based on the way you worded your statement one would think Moyers was touching the reporter's crotch.

Peace

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That was great
He looked like he was just been taken to the wood shed by a master. I think the guy hitting him with the same tactic he had just used was the best part. The guy got busted for trying to set up an attack piece for Fake news central and its king of yellow journalism Bill O'Reilly. Stared aand flagged Dr. Love. Nice one.

[edit on 05/16/2008 by CaptGizmo]

new topics

top topics

join