It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Verbal's IMPORTANT Message to ALL ATS'ers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:54 AM
link   
I didn't see a Rant & Rave forum so I figured Skunk Works has the best chance of assimilating this load...

A PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

TO MY BELOVED ATS FAMILY,

THERE is a difference between there, their, and they're. It appears that people with a flimsy grasp of these distinctions are now in the majority and I just can't take it anymore!
Now class... Pay Attention!

THERE - "in", "at", or "to" that place. When referring to a LOCATION use "there".

THEIR - "belonging to" or "associated with" a group of people or things previously mentioned. When referring to People HAVING or OWNING something use "their".

THEY'RE - contraction of "they are". When describing a group or its actions, use "they're"

NOTE THESE EXAMPLES:

THEY'RE not having THEIR annual picnic over THERE this year.

THEY'RE crazy. THEIR beliefs are really out THERE!

THEY'RE not paying attention. THEIR usage of these words show's that THERE is very little original thought going on... in THEIR brains! THEY'RE stupid!
THERE, I feel better now.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Or you could just go with the new style of saying "urruh" in leiu of "air" when it comes to words like that. This way you avoid all confusion in spelling and speech.

Example: Them thurruh got thurruh hurruh did over thurruh.

See? Much easier.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by verbal kint

THEY'RE not paying attention. THEIR usage of these words show's that THERE is very little original thought going on... in THEIR brains! THEY'RE stupid!
THERE, I feel better now.

Oh, gosh!

I am so happy that you feel better!

You do realize that not everyone who is a member of ATS or BTS uses English as a first language, correct?

I think it is rather rude of you to call people stupid, who might want to say something, but don't have a master of the English language.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by verbal kint

I, dizziedame, with no power vested in me by anyone here and all of the cosmos do now crown you, verbal kint, as the Spelling Police Head Instigator.

It's a tough job but somebody has to do it.

Good luck...May the force be with you.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
I agree Verb...that is one of my pet peeves as well...

new topics

top topics

join