It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why you into the occult, psi nwo and other fringe topics..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I don't know why you or others are involve in such topics.

My guess is either out of boredom, the joy of learning, experience or something (or someone) you encountered in your life.

Whatever the case may be, great.

However, it's also the most problematic when trying to share such reasons and experiences to others (including your family) with reasons that most sociality don't seem to understand, experience or accept as 'normal' or sane.

Especially with the paranormal.

I don't care what you think about the story or me.

Nor the proof to back it up.

It's just a story of why I'm into this stuff.. and the names involved in it.

So here it goes.

I was a few years ago (I was twenty two) went to a Job Corp Center in Kentucky so I could go get some skills to get on with my life.

My mother suggested the idea and I wanted to do the river boat program, because I wanted to travel and work at the time.

Plus there is good money to be earned as a shipmate.

Anyway, I went there,
I kept mostly to myself and it went okay for a few weeks.

Then I met some one who was interesting.

Or at least a very good liar.

He called himself James Bartholomew Whiting.

I talked to the guy for awhile and everything was, again, usual day to day life.

Then little by little, he told me I was a telepathic, it ran my family, also my girlfriend at the time was psychic.

He also told me he was psychic and a merc in league with the new world order elite.

He found me in my homestate of Ohio at the mall I was working at when I was nineteen.

And he wanted me to join him as his pawn to start world war three and the Second American Civil war.

I don't know why I believed him then and I am still wondering what I was thinking then, but all and all.

That was it.

Hook, line and sinker.. I gobbled it up.

After this information went to my head and I started dancing to his tune,

I started telling others about it.

Uhh-uhh.

Dumb idea.

What that did was attracted attention of the wrong kind, plus others who were practicing occult at the center also came by to talk to me.

Again,
Dumb idea.

After awhile, the rumors were spreading, and it didn't help any that all of this was new to me.

I had an talk with a guy name Jack the night before about psi, knowing everything like God, and other occult topics, and then the next, he didn't remember anything about it.

Nor anyone else I told about it..

"Okay, what is going on?" I asked.

"Oh I wipe their memories of it" he said.

Okaay, I'm in it deep now..

I meant to place this in skunk works, so

I'll finish this later in another post when it's moved.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It seems he is playing mind games with you. Not "Literaly" Does he approach you or do you see him? If he realy claims to have some sort of Psychic ability ask him to listen to your thoughts, make sure they are negative and if he truly does have any ability at all he will probably get a headache depending on what you were thinking!

Try to avoid him at all costs! The Occult world is not a good thing to get in to and it seems he has pin pointed you because he can relate to you!

I don't recomend moving to another area as this will only attract more attention to you.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:08 AM
link   
It has been a few years now and I haven't seen him since nor the ex.

I wasn't interested in the occult or anything else until then.

The fact is that I seen stuff that isn't the norm, and I have met others in my travels in the States has told me that I'm being followed around paranormally, being used as a battery, knowing more then most people did telepathically, confirms the information I was told at this time.

I really don't know what to do in dealing with such matters or why I believed it in the first place.

All I believe is I have a problem on my hands and trying to go on with my life, minding my own business hasn't worked.

So I'm bringing it to the open and have a 'damn the consequences and see what happens' attitude towards such attention that comes with the territory.

If you want to know more it or what I have learned, ask.

[edit on 10-6-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I subscribe to Neil Anderson's Daily in Christ email. I find it particularly helpful in understanding demonic and satanic influences in our lives.
www.crosswalk.com...

Demons control occult activities and the people involved. If you were involved then you probably attracted or even invited demonic activity in your life.

You merely need to ask God for forgiveness and command the demons to leave. Here is a suggested prayer:

Dear Lord Jesus Christ, I commit myself unreservedly to Your will. If I have been deceived in any way, I pray that You will open my eyes to the deception. In the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, I renounce and reject all counterfeit gifts, charms, vexes, hexes, spells, jinx, occult powers, demonic powers, and satanic powers and I command that all connected related spirits and demons depart from me now and never return.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
This is nothing to do with demons! You make no sense... There is no such thing as demons and devils. These people in occult are here to scare and con people. They will take your life... then they will take the people's who you care about.
There is one thing you should know about the occult which hasn't been mentioned before... They are all con-men / women. They will get you interested then they will take a few things from you, you might not know at first until the next thing goes missing. They will lead you to believe that you need no material posessions and so on...

It seems that this guy has homed in on you because you are into all these things, and could relate to him. Even though you don't see him any more he could be remote viewing you from afar.

I cannot help you im affraid as things you say don't add up...

What things have you seen?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ihavenoidea

If you want to know more it or what I have learned, ask.

All righty then, I'm askin!!

I too have encountered certain individuals that seemed "strange" but I thought it was just my paranoia.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd
It seems he is playing mind games with you. Not "Literaly" Does he approach you or do you see him? If he realy claims to have some sort of Psychic ability ask him to listen to your thoughts, make sure they are negative and if he truly does have any ability at all he will probably get a headache depending on what you were thinking!

Try to avoid him at all costs! The Occult world is not a good thing to get in to and it seems he has pin pointed you because he can relate to you!

I don't recomend moving to another area as this will only attract more attention to you.

Excuse me,
I personally think you just classified the whole lot as 'bad apples'.
The ones who do dabble in the Occult,
do you think it is somehow linked to Satanism?

Honestly, I do not understand why people have such a hard time in accepting it.

Yes, Call myself an Occultist if you like.
But that isn't the only thing I am.

With the knowledge I have, and the small mind-blocking ways you've permitted yourself too,
I can only feel aghast at yourself speaking such things.

Really, I kind of like the dogma created around the Occult.
It means those that truly want to find out what it means, does.
And those that are gullable, were never prepared for what lays ahead anyway.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd
This is nothing to do with demons! You make no sense... There is no such thing as demons and devils. These people in occult are here to scare and con people. They will take your life... then they will take the people's who you care about.
There is one thing you should know about the occult which hasn't been mentioned before... They are all con-men / women. They will get you interested then they will take a few things from you, you might not know at first until the next thing goes missing. They will lead you to believe that you need no material posessions and so on...

It seems that this guy has homed in on you because you are into all these things, and could relate to him. Even though you don't see him any more he could be remote viewing you from afar.

I cannot help you im affraid as things you say don't add up...

What things have you seen?

Oh, I'm sorry. Didn't see this post.
This Ryan fellow seems to be getting to me.

I'll share my thoughts on yours whence I return.

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   
let me ask you this.

How is it possible for me to be in two places at once which are AT LEAST 12,000 to 20,000 miles (three timezones) apart?

What's with all the blue eyes black eyes and blurs and odd reflections that different from my own?

How is it possible to be threatened with my life in my house, then ask me to join them to someone I just met?

Hows it possible to know someone's name before they say it, let alone knowing them years before they were born, like this guy?

Why is it feel like I am being followed and a few times, something did appear, then disappear?

Hows come I woke up one day in the middle of the night with someone trying to kill me, and then POOF gone, or no answer, just a presence?

I had my ears checked and doc says I'm okay, but every click is felt in arms, shoulder, etc, like I'm been stabbed, or sometimes parts of me 'ripped out'?

How's come a bunch of telepaths, empaths and other psi users, ones I have met and proven to me they could, suffer the same problems as I am once they met me, confirming it is this guy and I knew more then anyone else, even doing it instinctly?

And how's come my brother just said that felt like someone just touched him on the head, right in front of me?

I am really trying to reason for my sanity, possibly my life here....

If you could answer these questions for me and few more, let me know.

Thanks.

If not and think I am making this up or I'm insane.

Okay, then.

So be it.

Sincerely,
HaveNoIdea

[edit on 17-6-2008 by Ihavenoidea]

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 01:26 AM
link   
This sounds more of a psychological ploy, then anything else the man that you encountered was more than likely a "sociopath". Since he can reel people into that kind of thing it's not really that impossible, what he did was something I like to refer to as "a seed of paranoia". The belief that his occult powers were very real and very powerful makes it more real to you, which can result in a mild form of schizophrenia, etc. although it is possible that I could be wrong it's not likely.
Sociopaths do this to people, and oddly enough this is not a dramatization, I know this because I’ve had to deal with them, but I digress; look at other facts and just keep him and the actions out of your mind, think logically.

If that doesn't help in a two year time span, then yes you’re plagued by some form of entity, or entities.

posted on Jul, 26 2008 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I am guessing his REAL name was Chandler....I used to know a dude named Chandler and he was insane when it came to occult type things. This sounds like some concoction he would have come up with. Time frame seems about right too. In any case....Chandler or not.....a person like that is not a good person to be around. Whether he has any powers or not, the mentality will eventually drive YOU insane.

top topics

join