It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ghosts in the tv?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:46 PM
link   
so my friend recently showed me this, it's a short flash video on ghosts. but what's interesting is what the people do with a video camera and a tv. they hook the camera into the tv, with the camera pointed at the tv. this creates a picture in picture effect, which is supposedly the frequency that ghosts operate at or something. when played back you can see faces and such. is this true, or not? has anyone tried this, or even heard of this?

here's the link. the tv part is towards the end, but all before that is equally interesting.

www.ebaumsworld.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
man, this sounds like the movie poltergiest.

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:35 PM
link   
really great compilation of ghost stuff, some of which i've seen on other sites and some of which has been debunked, but great stuff regardless

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
at night, i sometimes get a ringing noise in my ear

then my tv gets 2 seperate color leaks or something (cant describe it) on opposite sides of eachother

its really crazy, i dunno

next day its not there

happened on more than 1 occasion

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:12 PM
link   
i also hear things when i sleep but when i look around my house i just notice the tv being on but the screen is not....so i just shut it off....do you think a ghost couldve turned it on???....welll i had stories about ghosts...they were on the news in hong kong tooo.....about 7 girls 3 gets possessed...the 3 i think are still possessed because there voices were said to be under 300 too and all of a sudden have super strength....took 4 police peoples to get them out of the haunted house....its real i swear no lie

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
hehe I tried to do it with my webcam on my monitor but no results.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kiljo

well webcams are pixel based cameras.....the other cameras are not digital they are tape recording camera there is a difference.....

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

i tried as well, with no results. of course, i have a flat plasma screen because it's a laptop, so i dunno. i wish i have a camcorder so i could try it on my tv.

Originally posted by SniperEye
then my tv gets 2 seperate color leaks or something (cant describe it) on opposite sides of eachother

are the colors green and purple? that means you most likely have a bad color tube.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

i tried as well, with no results. of course, i have a flat plasma screen because it's a laptop, so i dunno. i wish i have a camcorder so i could try it on my tv.

are the colors green and purple? that means you most likely have a bad color tube.

when you put magnets to the screen the colors turn purple so i wonder if any magnetic force is causing this...WAIT ghosts are usually magnetic....dude you got ghosties in your house...call the ghost busters or get some feng shui master to 'clense' your house

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
u got this from ebaumsworld.....as in that joke site............

very reliable source

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 04:29 PM
link   
granted i know it was a highly unreliable source, but i've seen most of what was presented on actual reliable sites. the only new thing was the tv part, that's why i was asking about that in specific.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Hi all!!

Have a look and search for EVP which is Electronic Voice Phenomena. You should also find good links to television images as well:

"Moreover paranormal images on TV-sets have been reported and recorded by Jules and Maggie Harsch-Fischbach of Luxemburg. Other researchers have seen and recorded images of deceased persons some of who they did not know at all. Later identifying information was given on their printers.

Ken Webster has described how he received on his computer messages from a spirit who claimed to have lived four centuries ago on the site of his old cottage. Fully prepared for some form of elaborate hoax Webster found to his consternation that the language of the messages tallied precisely with 16th-century English usage."

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

at night, i sometimes get a ringing noise in my ear

its really crazy, i dunno

next day its not there

happened on more than 1 occasion

SniperEye, do u live under or near a flight path, within, say 50 miles
of an airport? I get the same
things, both ringing in ear/s and a freaked out t.v...
does your monitor ever play up?
S.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
sanctum

i live about 100 yards from 2 well sized cementaries

and about 8 miles away from a small airport

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid
they hook the camera into the tv, with the camera pointed at the tv. this creates a picture in picture effect, which is supposedly the frequency that ghosts operate at or something. when played back you can see faces and such. is this true, or not? has anyone tried this, or even heard of this?

I haven't tried this before, but I've seen images from those that have. Here's a link to a few images.

pub133.ezboard.com... forumfrm32.showMessage?topicID=206.topic

My favorite is "Picture 3".

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 01:31 PM
link   

This can be cause by a magnetic field. You don't by chance have external speakers on or near your TV do you? Maybe one with a huge magnet? It sounds as if taking your set to your local repair shop for a deguasse might help. They use an electromagnet to (battery hooked to coiled wire) to remove any built up static or whatnot in your tube. I've seen it done and its the same thing done to degausse monitors when you push the button to do that. Newer seta have auto-degauss. All you have to do is unplug them for about 5 minutes, plug them back in and turn them on. See if it helps? If not, you may want to consider having a service center do it. Its shouldn't cost much if that is your problem.

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:32 AM
link   

sanctum

i live about 100 yards from 2 well sized cementaries

and about 8 miles away from a small airport

SniperEye, I dunno about the graveyards, unless there is
a LOTS of lead-lined casket/coffins leaching lead into the
water table which is not a good thing at all, but i would
put my money on the airport. Also AstroCreep is right
when he/she said speakers ect, or anything with powerful
magnets will freak out the RGB in your t.v. I found that
my hi-fi speakers caused the corners of the tv screen
to turn a blue/purple colour. I move them and it was o.k.
But i think the chief suspect here is the airport. Lots of
freq' stuff happening, which scientists believe can cause
Tinnitus in some people.

en.wikipedia.org...

Do jets, either pass' or mil' use your airport?
Eight miles is pretty close.

[Edited on 6-3-2004 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Not sure about the TV stuff, but here's a few pictures of reflections in glass in general..

Blown up version:

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Bangin... thanks for that link. i appreciate it. those were some neat pictures. my favorite was probably number one.

sanctum... uh, what exactly would being near an airport do to a tv and how? yeah, the engines would generate a magnetic field and some radio interfereance, but so would a car. and there's a heck of a lot more cars, which would more than likely be closer than the planes.

i frequently am at an airport, and frequently do watch the tv in my hangar. nothing is ever wrong with the colors. also, i live directly under the final approach for detroit metro airport (one of the busiest in the US) and nothing is ever been wrong with my tvs/computer monitors.

also, in that link you provided about tinnitus it doesn't say anything about being near an airport causing it. i even tried following the two links "more about tinnitus" and "causes," but neither worked. where did you get that notion?

SwampFox... that is one creepy picture. did you, or someone you know, take those?

posted on Mar, 6 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Unfortunatly I do not 'know' the person but many of these type of pictures were/are posted on a website called marylandghosts.com I think it was (I live in maryland). I think this was takin in a house / mansion that is about 10mins from my house, making it even worse.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join