It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Come the Black Haters?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Sestias

Those stats are shaky at best, and who is to say that they voted at all? When the choice is between 2 of the same, there is not diffrence in choice, now in the 2 instances of a BvW, there was a 91&92% voted on the canidate with the same skin color. Unless all 90%+ of them agreed with the canidate more then the other canidate, then obviously ethnicity factored in.

The stats can be read many different ways. Your post only implies one.

And your post implies none!

Why not offer a counter point, rather then just trying to make the other person look bad?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
While eric52081 may be blunt in his way of phrasing facts, I must agree, his views are totally true. Like him, I am a white middle class American, and I completely concur with him. Not only that, the majority of people I am friends with, know, talk to, etc, share those views as well

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

reply to post by TKainZero
[more

Then let me make myself more clear: There is often bias and misinformation in the interpretation of statistics. People often twist the numbers to their own use. Unless you know the context in which the data was gathered, it's meaningless.

The Problem With Statistics

Another form of evidence is statistics. Statistics are a favorite evidence of many writers and speakers. They provide actual numbers in support of ideas and conclusions. If you can show that 75% of high schools seniors cannot find Washington State on a map of North America, then it is strong evidence for your contention that high school seniors are not being taught the geography of the United States. Such evidence is not only difficult to refute, it's often accepted as the final word in what's true or not true.

[edit on 9/6/2008 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
blah, blah, blah, sorry for this,

dems, reps, libs, blacks, whites, crackers, kikes, spooks, gooks, 'n-word's, and spics.

Racist by definition is....Oh, hell. You all should know that by now. What are we doing here. This country hasn't changed a bit. Sure, we may get along better with people of another race. A big example of racism is when bush gives a state of the nation address. Reps and Dems don't give anyone any respect. Sound familiar?

Black presidential hopefull....Female presidential hopeful. We are such a kool-aid society. We've got a loser in office that has f'ed things up beyond all belief. So they drape a couple of "never happened before" hopefulls in front of us to show how this country has and is changing for the better.

I mean in front of our faces it's happening. It's like..."Hey, here you go, here's your token black and female and a tax rebate check, oh, by the way, McCain will be president.

I choose not to decide to vote. I am still making a choice.

Mark my words.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by gauncents]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by eric52081
reply to post by Gools

Well maybe you should then. But, for you to sit and talk about what goes on in American when you live in Canada is insane. You have no idea what it is like to live in america. And by the way do you have to even deal with African Americans since Canada is predominantly white. I would be surprised if there was even one that went to your highschool or college. When you have to deal with there constant complaining and violence then you can make a just opinion. 44 percent of prisoners in the US prison system are black males. While the white male only takes up 23 percent. That figure right there should tell you something. African Americans constantly give people a reason to dislike them. At some point in every race in the world their ancestors were slaves. Do you see us complaining about it. Get Real.

You officially qualify for the dumbest post in ATS history. Even if I wanted to do a parody, I couldn't have topped your post.

Your level of education is tragic and you are a prime example of what is wrong in this country.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by Gools

I don't care that he's black. I don't like his policies.. especially in regards to the military..

But if he does get elected..

And I hear one damn thing about him pushing reparations bills........

A promise is a promise! Given your affiliation, you should know better

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Am I missing something here?
Obama has a white mother and a father from kenya I believe.
So does that make him black or white? Seems to me he would be equally the same, so why all the black racism crap? Is the glass half empty or half full?
Since he is black AND white, does that mean were racist against whites if we dont vote for him also?
Just curious!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer

, so why all the black racism crap? Is the glass half empty or half full?
Since he is black AND white, does that mean were racist against whites if we dont vote for him also?
Just curious!

Would it be the same question if I asked why companies still have the race box on an employment questionaire?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthsurfer
Obama has a white mother and a father from kenya I believe.
So does that make him black or white? Seems to me he would be equally the same, so why all the black racism crap? Is the glass half empty or half full?
Just curious!
What it means is skin color will be all the some people will ever see.There are people that voted for Hillary that will not vote for Obama even thou they are soooo close on the issues.That should tell you right there the mind set of some people.And im with Mrs Obama on this I have never been more proud of my nation than I am now.Thank God for the youth of this country.Ive had doubts that this nation would change in a way that could be measured.Now those doubts are all but gone.I have real hope now that my children and their children can be judged by whats in their hearts and heads than what color of skin they are wearing but we still have a long way to go.Example when Tim McVee(sp?) blew up the fed building some people thought it was arab terrorist.When the D.C snipers were killing people some people thought it was a white man that was doing it.What im not understanding is there are people here that post on the conspiracy theory boads about all kinds of wild and hard to believe things,but those same people cant believe there could ever have been a conspiracy againts a certain race.People we are stunting our growth with this nonsense

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:41 PM
link   
I think what the US has shown in this years presidential campaign, is its ability to correct itself, I do not think a women, or a black man for that matter, would have had the same opportunity just 20 years ago. The younger population of the United States is really a promising generation for the United States of America. I see race becoming less and less of a factor in the coming decades. In 2000 alone, over 6 million people in the US recorded themselves as being multi colored, this has only grown at an astronomical amount since then, and will well into the future. In NYC alone, they say that 30-40% of the population is foreign born. So lets give present day America a much needed "pat on the back".

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthsurfer

On the outside, does obama look black, or white?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by West Coast
I think what the US has shown in this years presidential campaign, is its ability to correct itself, I do not think a women, or a black man for that matter, would have had the same opportunity just 20 years ago. The younger population of the United States is really a promising generation for the United States of America. I see race becoming less and less of a factor in the coming decades. In 2000 alone, over 6 million people in the US recorded themselves as being multi colored, this has only grown at an astronomical amount since then, and will well into the future. In NYC alone, they say that 30-40% of the population is foreign born. So lets give present day America a much needed "pat on the back".
Here Here I agree with you 100%.We are a melting pot thats one of the many things that makes this county so great.The fact that a woman and a black man has come this close to getting elected president is something we all should be proud of.One of the things we have to do is find a way to ease the fears of some people who feel threaten by this changing america.My grandfather once said change isnt hard its our resistance to change that makes it hard.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Tricky63]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:54 PM
link   
What we need right now to solve this problem with all races is to have a alien invasion from outter space then all the people would unite as one. We then can live in peace with one another. That includes all country's as well.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
HE"S A BLACK ASS IDIOT

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sleek12

I think Ronald Reagan said something like that, Maybe he was hinting to us about something he already knew was going to happen?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Mr reagan had the idea right. It's about that time that all of us shut up and try our best to make this world a better place to live because it's getting worse in a hurry plus time is running out. It's all up to our younger generation to make this happen just incase the ufo invastion does not happen. Hello. My name is John, Nice to meet you. What is your name?... This is the beginning my friends.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Desert Dawg

msunderestimated.com...

OhCRAP! Or to put it another way...
Is he nuts?!!!

[edit on 9-6-2008 by undo]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Black Hater's? Are you referring to elitist white Senators led by Ted Kennedy that subjected Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas to a high tech lynching?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:59 PM
link   
Just One Big Happy Family

Originally posted by Gools
I fear what could become of ATS if this gets out of control.

So I ask the membership (I'm speaking for myself here not the staff), do I have reason to worry?

Not at all! As you can see, everything is just hunky-dory.

And aside from an occasional stormfront, I'm sure the weather will be quite pleasant.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

I hate Obama becuase he hates America. Oh yea and because he is black. If the numbers don't lie, we can expect the same from him as we get from over 75% of the Black Race in America.

I expect someone higher up on the food chain has already given the order to 86 this guy. Then he will become the next Dr. Martin Luther King.

Bubbakiah
WPWW

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join