It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Here Come the Black Haters?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

Startingly racist

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by tyranny22
I think racism is alive and well in America ... sadly.

I tried to argue against it, continually saying, "Racism is dead - apparent by how well Obama is doing in the primaries."

Only to have Obama take the nod from the democratic party and then see McCain stickers popping up left and right on bumpers and windows throughout my state. BTW, I reside in "Hilary Country" ... again: sadly.

This proves my last post. Just because someone wants McCain elected as opposed to Obama we will hear cries of racism like the post quoted above. Illogical and without merit and pretty childish is what this is.

Reason is lost with an argument like this. How can you call people racist just because they have a bumper sticker for McCain? Is it because anyone who votes for McCain has to be a black hater? Or is is the obvious reason of reverse racism? I call it the latter....

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:30 PM
link   
This is the stupidest thread I have ever seen on ATS. Of course anyone who questions, points out a flaw, or God forbid doesn't vote for Obama will be called a racist. That is just how our politically correct nation works. Plenty of blacks run for and win senate and house seats and many black are in very high positions (Condi Rice). Where is the outcry by those terrible racist Americans? NO WHERE!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexed
Just because someone wants McCain elected as opposed to Obama we will hear cries of racism like the post quoted above.

When someone strongly supported Clinton, only to change their vote to McCain the moment Obama won the nomination, it does make one wonder. If they liked Clinton's politics (nearly identical to Obama's), why wouldn't they stay with the policies and vote for him?

I'm not suggesting that EVERYONE who did this is racist, but surely many who would switch parties and vote for someone with whom they disagree has to come up with a compelling argument to convince me that it's not for reasons of race.

Experience? Obama has more experience than Clinton in the first place, so why would they have supported her?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Just to stir the pot because, well, politically incorrect is sorta my thing around here...

Does anyone find it surprising that White people do not trust a black man to be President?

Honestly..

Self righteousness aside (I believe a lot of people preach against "black haters" inspite of their own "black hating feelings" just to make their own insecure thoughts a wee bit more self satisfying) can anyone HONESTLY say White people should trust a black man as president?

*puts combat helmet on and hits the deck! I know I am getting flamed for that one*

I feel I am saying whats on everyone's mind, but just a bit to afraid to say anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
If they liked Clinton's politics (nearly identical to Obama's), why wouldn't they stay with the policies and vote for him?

THIS is why. In Hillary's own words.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by stinkhorn
97% of negroes in this country own guns illegally, they are not registered they are want ot be criminal or are criminals already.

You want to know why they as a race have not and will not move forward, its because the vote democrat 100% all the time, where has that gotten them in the last 50 years? Jail and public housing, uneducated, right where the liberals want them.

Boo Gools. Yay reason!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

I am not afraid to say it. Blacks run every inner city in American and where is the crime rate? I am not saying Obama is anything like the Mayor we have here in Detroit but the murder rate is way up with these people.

Look at DC and the Military style check points... That place kills more people monthly than Iraq. Now does this make me a racist or a realist as far as not trusting blacks to run things? I say realist but I know where this argument is heading...

Leaving that issue aside I think Obama will destroy what American is. He is a communist to the core and he hates this country. I can only hope more of the Hillary backers vote for McCain.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
Does anyone find it surprising that White people do not trust a black man to be President?

Honestly, I don't find it surprising that SOME white people do not trust a black man to be president. Sadly, it does not surprise me.

can anyone HONESTLY say White people should trust a black man as president?

Absolutely! A man's race should have nothing to do with whether or not he is trusted.

I feel I am saying whats on everyone's mind, but just a bit to afraid to say anything.

At least you're up front about it. I can respect that a lot more than some who are trying to hide behind other "reasons".

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm not voting for Obama. I don't like him and it's not because he is black or half-black or whatever. And, it's not because of the false internet rumors. It's because I don't like his platform.

Let me put it this way:

I wish Ron Paul was black so he could enjoy all the "slavery-guilt removing" boosts that the media has been giving to Obama. They have been sucking the Oboma Hope-Bong hard these days!

How often have you seen a candidate's obvious scandals get burried so quickly as in Obama's case. This is reverse-racism if anything.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:51 PM
link   
I'm voting for grandpop(mcain) in the upcoming election, not because I want him to win. but only because I don't want the 'half-black' guy to end up being the president.

basically, I'm just voting against obama, regardless of who the other candidate is at this point. that is......unless, its another 'half-black' guy.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I find most Liberals (who mostly make sure everyone around them knows that they love everyone of color) live in the nicer houses, in the more secluded streets, with the best jobs..

Essentially the more money you have and the less you have to do, the more time spent worrying about how everyone else is doing.

And I would venture to say 90% of those white liberals in their cozy suburbia don't trust blacks.

And I would say that if a white person reaalllyy thought about it, 90%+ would say the same thing.

Absolutely! A man's race should have nothing to do with whether or not he is trusted.

How is he going to convince the white family in Suburbia afraid that as more and more black families move into their neighborhood, house prices drop and crime goes up? How will he convince THEM that color doesn't matter?

At least you're up front about it. I can respect that a lot more than some who are trying to hide behind other "reasons".

I am just saying that White's above any other race has more self insecurities then everyone combined. In public, except with close friends and family, they preach tolerance and peace and blah blah blah..

In a booth, with no one looking and no one to tell.......

I don't think they will be so tolerant.

But then again. As I said. Can you blame them? ..

The picture portraited of blacks on TV, in the News and in the Music is well ....

Barbaric.

Oddly enough, now they celebrate it, when it was once a stereotype given to them by whites.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Do you care to respond to the facts that blacks by and large have failed to control the cities they run? A DC or Detroit is one thing. An entire country is very different.

Until they clean up their own door step how can they expect to tell us how to live? This is one of the many reasons this "black man" will not be elected...

Or are you just throwing out your opinion? We need facts for an honest debate. I can back everything up I said with facts. You seem to be going on feelings here...

[edit on 01/01/2008 by Perplexed]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

I have not stated my opinion.

I was just asking questions. making people think.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by JonInMichigan
I'm not voting for Obama. I don't like him and it's not because he is black or half-black or whatever. And, it's not because of the false internet rumors. It's because I don't like his platform.

Let me put it this way:

I wish Ron Paul was black so he could enjoy all the "slavery-guilt removing" boosts that the media has been giving to Obama. They have been sucking the Oboma Hope-Bong hard these days!

How often have you seen a candidate's obvious scandals get burried so quickly as in Obama's case. This is reverse-racism if anything.

don't get me wrong, I like Ron Paul and I'd vote for him even though he and I differ on several issues but he's not in.
At any rate, by your logic, any black presidential hopeful would be treated the same way because of "white slave guilt." Perhaps you're right but that's not necessarily a bad thing. Slavery is an issue that we've needed to move past for decades upon decades - why is it wrong for Obama to be the candidate who can finally move America past that dark period of history? And further, why is it so wrong to be hopeful about a presidential candidate? It's the loss of hope that has driven this country to the place it is today. Had America been more concerned with hope and less with fear in 2004 we wouldn't be in the predicaments we are now. I'm proud to have a Presidential Candidate that I can be hopeful about - for the past 8 years I have been utterly terrified about my future in a post-Bush world and now Obama has come along and not only restored my hope in America but also my faith that our politics can be healed. I realize that his White House will have it's sleaze and that there will be scandals. - there always are. I'm not saying Obama is a political Messiah but I think what he has to say is important to everyone, if only they'd take the time to listen. It may be a foolish enterprise on my part but it's one that I gladly celebrate.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I am sure there are pockets of people who don't care for a black president. But that doesn't make us an exception. IN every country of the world there are pockets of people against each other.

While the media has portrayed this campaign as a race and sex issue(for ratings only) I believe most Americans looked far beyond that and scratched their heads over who is the better one to get us out of this mess.

Do I personally like Obama? Hell No. I think he is an elitist who has no idea what it is like for the average american no matter what color they are.

As for the assassinations and KKK and all the other supposedly American stuff you mentioned, the KKK is a weird cult that you hear frequently about. Just like any other WEIRD cult you hear about. Americans see them for what they are, hard pressed, undereducated citizens who are looking for a group to blame their woes on.
And no one takes them very seriously. Just because they get good coverage doesn't mean there is a clansman lurking on every corner.

As for the assassinations, leaders get killed or someone tries. Period. From the Pope to presidents. We have had a few white presidents shot as well it doesn't mean we hate white men.

Someone didn't like what any of them represented.

And sorry my friend, a friend in Detroit doesn't constitute you as an expert.
As any American can tell you, this country is vast and varied. Each state can be different as a country. I hightailed it out of AZ because I couldn't handle the conservatism.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by nixie_nox]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Oh but you did and it was a doozy...

"And I would venture to say 90% of those white liberals in their cozy suburbia don't trust blacks.

Now if I am not mistaken most white liberals will endorse and vote for this guy. They endorse every dictator and even fly around the world for a meet and greet. Come one... You are stirring the pot by saying you haven't stated an opinion but you most certainly have.

Threads like this are dishonest when people start playing word games and don't come in with facts.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Perplexed

Now if I am not mistaken most white liberals will endorse and vote for this guy.

I don't think they will. They might tell people they will, but I don't think they will.

And yes, your right, that is my opinion.

Not sure how it's a dozy

Threads like this are dishonest when people start playing word games and don't come in with facts.

Perhaps you lack the ability to comprehend?

What would you like clarified?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Gools

If you were worryed about racest remarks why would you even stsrt a thread like this??Do you expect the 'black haters'' to rase there hand??ORRRR is this YOUR "innocent" way.Its a good thing that the majority of americans don't care what foriegners(SP) think,if we did we would still be under BRITISH rule.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
If you really want to put it all out there...In America, race is mostly a generational thing. Older Americans view it as an issue, younger Americans don't. 40 years old is about the dividing line.

I'd get more specific on urban, suburban and rural areas as well as class but there are already too many blow ups in this thread.

Can we put the Decision 2008 forum on ignore? I'm kidding. Not.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join