It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You ever consider....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:37 AM
link   
You have seen the cliche scene over and over again when contact is made the question that comes is "take me to your leader"

Anyone even wonder if the benevolent species only say that in wait for the day that we look them in the eyes and say quite simply.. "I am my own leader"

Thoughts.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
You have seen the cliche scene over and over again when contact is made the question that comes is "take me to your leader"

Anyone even wonder if the benevolent species only say that in wait for the day that we look them in the eyes and say quite simply.. "I am my own leader"

Thoughts.

This is what I have always thought. Why is it that when these so-called deals take place with the government they always assume that these idiots in the government have "authority" over us.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Hmm I'm not sure about the "government idiots" part, but I feel it's presumptuous for people to believe 100% aliens have contacted "the government."

I'll give you a star for bringing something to board which deserves more discussion. Why do so many of us assume our societal structure is more than a footnote to aliens?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   
well I think it is more than a footnote because if not they would be making contact with normal people more often. Thus the government would not be able to cover it all up so easily.

well in theory

this is just a hypothetical question.. in truth most cases I am sure they do not actually say something so cliche and hollywood.

Its more of a point that they are waiting for us to see that we are our rulers.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by NephraTari

well I think it is more than a footnote because if not they would be making contact with normal people more often. Thus the government would not be able to cover it all up so easily.

Sorry from what I've read it seems they make "contact" with "normal" people. That is if you define "normal" as people from all walks of life and not limited to military and federal gov't employees..

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:05 PM
link   
OR, what if they just say: "We are your leaders now". Or worse: "You are expendable."

Personally, I always hoped they would be a bunch of Amazon types in silvery bathing suits who say: " Teach us about this Earth thing called sex." But that's just me.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by passenger]

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by passenger
OR, what if they just say: "We are your leaders now". Or worse: "You are expendable."

Personally, I always hoped they would be a bunch of Amazon types in silvery bathing suits who say: " Teach us about this Earth thing called sex." But that's just me.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by passenger]

couldn't agree more.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:39 AM
link   
If that is what they say, I hope they wait to make contact until after the inauguration.

Because if they don't...WE'RE SCREWED!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:40 AM
link   
Interesting topic, It brings back all of the hollywood scenes of where only leaders experience the knowledge from a technological advanced beings especially now that i recall star trek episodes.

I don't know if extra terrestials would demand to see the leaders as they would already know these leaders and can make contact themselves. What I do believe is that such statements of demanding to see the leader iswhat our government wants us to do if such contact is made. I believe this to be government or some other controlling organization way of sensitizing the public to contact law agencies as they are the ruling authorities of such contacts.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Plausible, and i for one would hope it was the truth.

Of course, what then?

You: "I am my own leader"

E.T: "Excellent, you have answered correctly, now take me to the people in charge".

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari

Thoughts.

I wonder if most abductees have a problem with authority and are iconoclastic. Less easy to control. who knows if it's genetic or environmental.

wonder also if before they make themselves known, they test contactees for IQ and/or 'peacefulness' ie are they pacifists.

Ordinary people don't own weapons or like war, whereas some govs do.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Anyone even wonder if the benevolent species only say that in wait for the day that we look them in the eyes and say quite simply.. "GIVE ME YOUR WALLET"
yes all the time. maybe i should ask for the keys to the saucer too.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 11:55 AM
link   
We've all heard the theory of Aliens not presenting themselves publicly, at least in mass scale, because they would not want to disrupt our society.

If we assume that as the major reason for them not to interact more frequently and/or in bigger scale with us, logic would tell me that even when they decide to present themselves publicly to us, they would contact to our 'leaders' first, even if they disagree with our systems or social structures.

After all, if they were trying minimize the harm to our society they would probably try to go through the channels our society (in general) accepts and/or understands. I think presenting themselves in mass in a major event would do more harm than going to our leaders first and try to organize a joint press release sort of thing.

new topics

top topics

join