It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Subconscious Mind, drugs, and the Soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Ok, before I go on, I will state that I am not an expert in this realm of thought. A lot of this is totally speculation based on what I have read and experienced, and it was posted in an attempt to learn more about the intimate relationship between body, mind, and soul by gleaning the responses by anyone who is knowledgable or curious.

In the distant past, before the hiding of such information and converting the ideas into occultism, lots of people apparently were busy with themselves as opposed to being preoccupied with trivial tasks like employment. As a result, this gave rise to phsyical practices like yoga, meditation, MerKaBah, etc. Shamanic leaders / wise men proliferated in such a culture, because they experimented with this kind of work in an attempt to pursue the very relationship I am talking about.

Today's world is very different. it is like a seal has been placed that limits the influences of the other dimensions into the physical 3rd dimension we all live in today. Paranormal events, which can easily be likened to extradimennsional interactions or distortions, are rare and of little consequence to the world we live in today. Is this a good or bad thing, considering our own spirit may be part of that extradimensional realm as well?

I say this because I believe dreams may be our mind's way of interpreting extradimensional information in addition to our own psyche and memories. When our eyes are closed, and our hearing systems are diverted, we fall into the infamously mysterious subconscious state. Let's go into that subconscious mystery for now...

Anyone who has forcibly subjected their brains to function in a manner alien to the normal state via drugs has at least an inkling of an idea of what I am talking about when I say that the subconscious is a powerful and vast enterprise of the mind. More simply, the subconscious is a much larger yet more passive form of perception of reality. Oddly enough, it is our mind that we rely on for probably 90% of the perception of reality before us through the use of neurotransmitters and chemical reactions that occur in our brain all the time. Through the seat of the soul, or pineal gland, we experience all of the ideas and perceptions that were otherwise incompatible with our standard sets of neurochemicals.

A viable approach to attempt to decode subconscious messages may be to identify and relate the effects that particular drugs have with the conscious and subconscious mind.

Ecstacy:
By inducing a waterfall of serotonin neurotransmitters, users of this synthetic item apparently experience limitless emotional sensitivity that can range from immaculate euphoria to elusive, but ever present pain and negativity. The one emotion affected the most appears to be love, which is also the same emotion that allows humans to vibrate at the highest rate. Anyone who has been in love knows that it is the one emotional state that can have the widest range of emotions, as well as the most amount of influence in the conscious mind. Though the drug itself is limited to only this realm of emotions, its best effects tend to help understand why love is important to existence in a communal society. Ideally, it is love that brings people together in harmony without alterior motive, and it is love that appears to also be the one emotion that stems most prominently from the subconscious. That's why it's called that magical feeling, per say.

Psylocibin-based and other forms of Magic Mushrooms:
Whatever the significance of triptomine has on your mind, this drug brings out with a passion. This is completely unpredictable and uncontrollable, unlike ecstacy, which is not naturally created like Mushrooms. This is one naturally occuring item that can heavily alter your perception on your life before you, again, through a variety of chemical reactions in your brain. One common theme with users is that items of significance, as in material acquisition, do not seem to matter as much. Why is this? Perhaps it happens because of an alteration of the mental patterns in the brain, which ultimately result in a dramatic, if temporary, change in several neurotransmitters' behavior. The change in the chemical compostion eventually produces the change of perception as experienced by the user. Things become funnier or they otherwise become more succeptible to emotional situations. Often, users can become completely involved with their own internal perception of the world because they are surprised at how different things are perceived. I do not know how or why some people who consume these items appear to see entities or aliens, but I can speculate that such an occurence may be a result of the mind attempting to reach into that extradimensional realm. Another idea is that such entities and "aliens" could be a result of the user's own mental divisions, and instead of identifying the entity as a reflection of the user, it is confused with something of a foreign nature. Because such a happenstance is more common with '___'/acid, I believe most strongly that the entity is indeed just a reflection of the user's own personality. It seems foreign because it's a part of the subconscious that is not so well-known or actively utilized in the user's life.

TetraHydraCannabinol (weed):
The one thing I understand fully about this one is that a primary function is to reorient the human's psyche. To restabilize its own natural processes, I believe, as a common theme between users is the urge to become better than they already are. Albeit, this happens before the item wears off and the melatonin starts to pour in thus causing laziness and drowsiness. The main difference between a drunk person and a high person is that they will think more deeply upon their actions before and after committing them, and may even go so far as to have all kinds of perspectives on past memories for no apparent reason. Perspectives that they did not have before, thus allowing for much better hindsight.

Alchohol:
I don't care much for its disintegrative properties (alcohol is a synthetic corrosive acid, after all), but that's not why it's so popular. Alcohol somehow has the talent for eating through psychological prohibitions and fears that limit our way of perceiving life. It also has the talent for augmenting those same fears as well as promoting the influence a variety of hormones, namely testosterone while at the same time hindering certain synapses in the brain from functioning properly (slow and dumb/clumsy movement, for example)

These items, particularly the naturally-occuring ones, have to provide some kind of stepping stone towards understanding the most intimite factors of both the human psyche and the soul. Despite the soul being an energy field, it has to have some kind of interaction with the mind somehow. The mind has to know how to generate this field in order for the field to exist, correct? The mind has to tell the body and the body has to tell the mind about the existence and a form of management of the etheric body of the Soul. Surely, it cannot just appear and function on a whim without any kind of physical reactions, either metaphysical, chemical or biological?

damn, this has a lot of words... ill stop here. hopefully, it's not too long for ya!

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by AlnilamOmega]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlnilamOmega

Today's world is very different. it is like a seal has been placed that limits the influences of the other dimensions into the physical 3rd dimension we all live in today. Paranormal events, which can easily be likened to extradimennsional interactions or distortions, are rare and of little consequence to the world we live in today. Is this a good or bad thing, considering our own spirit may be part of that extradimensional realm as well?

These items, particularly the naturally-occuring ones, have to provide some kind of stepping stone towards understanding the most intimite factors of both the human psyche and the soul. Despite the soul being an energy field, it has to have some kind of interaction with the mind somehow. The mind has to know how to generate this field in order for the field to exist, correct? The mind has to tell the body and the body has to tell the mind about the existence and a form of management of the etheric body of the Soul. Surely, it cannot just appear and function on a whim without any kind of physical reactions, either metaphysical, chemical or biological?

damn, this has a lot of words... ill stop here. hopefully, it's not too long for ya!

[Edited on 3/3/2004 by AlnilamOmega]
Very good post.
It's a bad thing that some people ignore those paranormal phenomena as nothing but looniness. There is some connection to another realm we cannot readily perceive.

The mind is powerful in its ability to harness and decode surrounding realities, even the ones different than 3d.

Drugs make you experience different realities and distort proper functioning of the brain...I remember one time when time slowed down, like one second was an eternity.

Very good ideas presented in the post.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:22 AM
link   
After my experience with Mushies, I believe certain drugs offer a glimpse into other dimensions. I've noticed that weed also is a gateway into your feelings(predominately Love) and creative intuition.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 12:34 AM
link   
thanks for your support, immortal! it's hard for me to talk properly about this topic because for years, i was one of those very people who considered objects of the paranormal as nothing more than 'looniness'.

fortunately, I have learned to know better over time. though I still have much more to learn, particularly within this topic.

I really wonder what the source of that seal is. I am almost sure that the seal exists, because it sure has been "quiet" around here for a very long time and this is in sharp contrast to the mythological and transcripted events of the past.

OMG, Alice, you are so right! I totally forgot to add the fact that a lot of these items induce creativity on all kinds of levels. Creativity, by itself, is a very important virtue because it's a way of creating entire worlds out just our imaginations. thanks for adding that very important idea to this thread.

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
The gate way components are as follows
magic mushrooms
lsd-25
peyote
ayahuasca
salivia divinorum

i would recommend the secret yogas of the tibetan region though over anyone of theese

posted on Mar, 4 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Perhaps, as someone mentioned, it is not that you are seeing different dimensions, but instead that you are seeing this one more clearly.

As I had posted a while ago, a 'thought current' is like a train riding the rails that are the folds of your brain. Now we are conditioned all of our lives in different ways to become fixed in the 'belief pattern' that we currently have. The train (of thought) can only travel along the tracks because it believes that it is fixed (conditioned) to do so. However with '___', the train actually seems to hop from track to track which creates new 'streams' of thought. It destroys the conditioning that we have become fixated with.

Well, that and it's lots of fun!

top topics

join