It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prime Minister: Iraq will not be used to 'damage' Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Prime Minister: Iraq will not be used to 'damage' Iran

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com

TEHRAN, Iran (CNN) — Iraq’s Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki on Sunday tried to appease Iranian fears over a planned U.S.-Iraq security pact, saying his government would not allow Iraq to become a launching pad for an attack on its neighbor.

“Baghdad would not allow its soil to be used as a base to damage the security of the nieghboring countries, including Iran,” al-Maliki said, according to a report on Iran’s state-run news agency IRNA.
Al-Maliki is on a three-day visit to Tehran where he is meeting with top officials, including President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Officials say Iran attack "unavoidable"
One Hundred And Six Permanent US Military Bases In Iraq

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I know what your thinking, This is another "Attack Iran" thread, but I think this is different. Not only does this sound to be somewhat defiant toward the US, but if al-Maliki will not give the US the ability to launch attacks on neighboring countries from Iraq, this ruins the reason for having permanent bases in Iraq. I believe that permanent bases was one of the reasons for the invasion, and is why all US military assets were moved from Saudi Arabia to Iraq after the invasion.

cnnwire.blogs.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I found another discussion where this is being discussed on page 4.

America Demands Iraq sign security deal

Here is the link to yahoo news about this story.

news.yahoo.com...

new topics

join