It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

secret levels of internet reserved for government use

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:21 AM
link   
Im sorry if this comes across a bit hazy but here in Australia just recently there was a media group show called the National press club where there was a member of the Australian government talking before numourous reporters on the matter of broadband internet in Australia (The reason for this discussion and why he mentioned this or even the name of the person I just cant remember) but I just cant stop thinking about it and I thought that if there was somewhere I could find answers it would be here.

The chap stated that on the internet that there is an area reserved for government traffic it is a top secret secure part of the internet for the government to exchange sensitive information if this is real does all goverments have this sort of secure internet information transfers and if so has anybody heard of this before
and again I apologize for the minimal info on this post Its just something that I thought I would bring up here incase its not something that is not widely known

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by mullet35

This is true. Al Gore didn't invent the internet, the US military did back in the late 30's for secure government transmissions...think fax machine!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is true. There is an "internet" reserved for military applications in the United States. As far as I've heard, it is not part of the regular internet. IIRC, it is called the "milnet".

In other words, they don't have a portion of the bandwidth reserved on some big internet pipes, they have their own fiber optic connections totally separate from regular internet traffic.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I'd say its true as well. It makes sense too. Even the government has to have places where they can go to talk about their little top secret "projects".

Also if you look on Hobbes Internet Timeline it was concieved in the sixties not the thirties.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I don't know how much of this is true I think it's mostly a misunderstanding. I'm positive there are private government servers that are inaccessible to civilians just as there are private corporate servers. All you would need to create a "secret" internet is simply networking a bunch of computers together hence the term Inter Net. These are also known as Intranets because they are inaccessible from the outside.

Although, it should really come as no surprise to anyone that the government does what it wants on the net since it all started as a defense project anyway. Research DARPANET

new topics

top topics

join