It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open ANWAR?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:58 AM
link   
JUST saw on cnn, bush announced live that he plans to open ANWAR. any ideas or anyone ahve a link they can suply? i saw it on tv.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
This is the first I have heard of it. At $135/bbl his oil friends stand to make a killing if he does open it up.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I'm beginning to think this whole 'oil crisis' was conjured up to force open the US oil reserves. Since there's no actual shortage of oil and the price is actually steady in every other major currency, the obvious problem is the tanking US dollar. Drilling more oil will help that how?

You know the oil companies are still going to price that oil on a par with the global market, so drilling in Anwar will just give us more oil that we don't need at the same price that we don't like. You and I will still be paying through the nose and oil companies will be getting richer off our resources.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Even if they started drilling in ANWAR it would take 3 years to get any significant oil out of the ground. Once at full production it would lower gas prices by one penny per gallon and would used up in 10 years.

ANWAR is NOT the Answer!!!

new topics

top topics

join