It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Future Brit PM Will Be an Indian

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
LONDON: Britain will one day be ruled by an Indian prime minister, according to Tory peer Lord Jeffery Archer, who added that Indians are the ‘new Jews’ of the UK.

The former Conservative Party deputy chairman claimed that Indian immigrants are “doing what the Jews did 30-40 years ago” and entering British politics.

He made the comments in India, where he is on a book tour promoting his latest novel, ‘A Prisoner of Birth’.

Asked if he could see any change in Britain, he replied: “Massive. It is going to be taken over by the Indians. And I don't joke... Now what you are doing is what the Jews did 30-40 years ago when they came to England after the war.”

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Don't like either country, but there are alot of rich indians in the uk. So you never know.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I would hope all future PMs are British

But whether they are of Indian descent - or of Scandinavian, French, Basque or African is neither here nor there.

Of course, had pop singer Cliff Richard ever entered politics and become PM then we would indeed have an Indian PM !

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Got to agree with Essan here - it doesn't matter. As long as that person is a British national and represents the British public properly, I don't care if they are white, black, brown, pink, blue or green.

Quite where Archer is coming from with this is anyones guess. Fact is though he's a convicted criminal who should have been stripped of his peerage and I don't see him as a representative of this country in any way shape or form

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Bobby Jindal is the current governor of Louisiana and I expect that he will be President of the United States in a decade or so.

Piyush "Bobby" Jindal (born June 10, 1971) is a Republican politician, and the current governor of the U.S. state of Louisiana.[1] Before his election as governor, he was a member of the United States House of Representatives from Louisiana's 1st congressional district, where he was elected in 2004 to succeed current U.S. Senator David Vitter. Jindal was re-elected to Congress in the 2006 election with 88 percent of the vote. Jindal was the second Indian-American to serve in Congress.

On October 20, 2007, Jindal was elected governor of Louisiana, winning a four-way race with 54% of the vote. At age 36, Jindal became the youngest current governor in the United States. He also became the first non-white to serve as governor of Louisiana since Reconstruction, the first elected Indian-American governor in U.S. history, as well as the second Asian-American governor to serve in the continental United States after Gary Locke of Washington.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:00 PM
link   
[edit on 9-6-2008 by jacob two twos ladder]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I don't care what race someone is, as long as they hold Britain in their heart as their first country then i will vote for them all day long, well depending on their policies of course
The very fact Mr.Archer felt the need to bring this up says a lot about him in my opinion.

White, black, indian, oriental, martian, i don't really give a flying monkey. As long as they're British at heart, love this country and want whats best for it.

I'm voting Slurgon from Mars in 2013!

new topics

top topics

join