It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My mind my telephone?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Ok this is extremely weird and im sure there is a scientific explanation or maybe there isn't.

This is the story:

I woke up on monday morning last week and started to get ready for college when the phone rings. I was still half asleep and not properly woken up yet, so i answered it, and all i could hear down the phone was white noise, then this is where it gets extremely weird. I say hello and nobody replies, then i think to myself who is it, and then a voice replies "Who is it". I said back its ryan why who is this. Then the voice replies " Its ryan why who is this" so i thought alright this guy is obviously playing games and im not in the mood so as i am about to put the phone down guess what replies... after thinking different things just to make sure it was my thoughts i ran out of the house extremely frightened and amazed, meanwhile still in my boxers. (The neighbours thought WTF!)

Can anybody tell me what happened? Is it something psychic or is it all in my head? It hasn't happened since the incident and it was a disturbing expereince especialy on a monday morning!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:50 AM
link   
"so as i am about to put the phone down guess what replies... after thinking different things just to make sure it was my thoughts i ran out of the house extremely frightened and amazed, meanwhile still in my boxers."

What?

Don't understand quite what you are getting at?
Plz rephrase.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryan Lloyd

wierd and funny...next time at least put on some clothes.

but on topic ive been told that there are instances where you havent completely woken up and your still semi dreaming..could be that?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by q_ball
but on topic ive been told that there are instances where you havent completely woken up and your still semi dreaming..could be that?

could be that.

my cell phone echo's quite a good bit. the delay seems to be the amount of time it would take a person to reply. are you sure you thought you were gonna hang up and didnt wernt just thinking out loud?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Ryan Lloyd

I have had the impression of this so often... Also, a lot of times I and friends of mine have had the distinct experience that answers to question on cell-phones are there before you ask them...
I have actually, somewhere on the internet come across an explanation for this that blew my mind; I dont recall exactly, but it had something to do with the fact that to hold a conversation on two cellphones without any lag in time, there is a kind of system that quantizes the two signals; the maths for this quantization are something that has to do with some infinite factors (I dunno what or which; I am searching and asking people, but they dont remember whwre this site was either)
A mathematician friend of mine said that in maths there are plenty of things like that, strange as it may sound from a day-to-day perspective. If you work with infini9ties, you can get temporal inconsistencies. In physics and atomic physics this is supposed to also happen a lot...
Blows my mind though; even to me as a psychedelic person...
But damn, so many people report strange things with cell-phones...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
It could be that i was still not awake yet... however i havn't had experiences of sleep walking or anything like that. It was the weirdest thing, and the ambient noise in the background was sort of tantalizing. Like white noise but not...

I have spoken to psychics before and have had readings and so on and they have picked up that i have some sort of psychic ability. But i am skeptical about it all!

I have heard that we also only use 10% of our brain and if we used more we could master the psychic "realm".

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ryan Lloyd
It could be that i was still not awake yet... however i havn't had experiences of sleep walking or anything like that. It was the weirdest thing, and the ambient noise in the background was sort of tantalizing. Like white noise but not...

I have spoken to psychics before and have had readings and so on and they have picked up that i have some sort of psychic ability. But i am skeptical about it all!

I have heard that we also only use 10% of our brain and if we used more we could master the psychic "realm".

We only use about 10% of our brain at any given moment in time. We use all of it, but not all at once, and for good reason. simply simultaneously firing all your neurons won't get you thoughts and memories.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 10:04 AM
link   
yeah well that seems more realistic! Thanks. It still doesn't cross out the weirdnes at hand though !

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Sounds like a feedback loop. I've had this happen on my phone before. I'll get a call and hear my echos into the phone. I don't think it has anything to do with conspiracy or anything paranormal. I talked to my mother who works for a telecommunications company and she said it could be a number of things that cause this from the service provider. I know that isn't really an answer to the problem but I can assure you however that aliens haven't tapped your line and are talking to you in your own voice.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
Sounds like a feedback loop. I've had this happen on my phone before. I'll get a call and hear my echos into the phone. I don't think it has anything to do with conspiracy or anything paranormal. I talked to my mother who works for a telecommunications company and she said it could be a number of things that cause this from the service provider. I know that isn't really an answer to the problem but I can assure you however that aliens haven't tapped your line and are talking to you in your own voice.

I dont think you read what i put correctly. I said as i was thinking the phone replied back what i was thinking... I don't think this has anything to do with a feedback loop either... Before i ran out i actually thought of several different things and all of them replied back to me exactly the same...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 12:17 PM
link   
You said the phone was repeating what you were saying? I may have misunderstood you.

So you're saying the phone was repeating what you were thinking without you saying anything? Is that correct?

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mad_Hatter
You said the phone was repeating what you were saying? I may have misunderstood you.

So you're saying the phone was repeating what you were thinking without you saying anything? Is that correct?

Yes. That is the weird thing! It doesn't make any sense in my head too. It wasn't like i was miles away either when i woke up. I had just woken up and the phone rang then... That happens.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That is quite strange. I mistook you then. I thought you were saying the phone was echoing what you were saying into it. I don't really have a solution to this one for ya bud.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:21 PM
link   
You said you spoke some parts and that was repeated, so could those parts have been an echo? If I'm reading your post correctly, it was only when you thought who is this, that was then said back to you, leading you to think the caller read your mind. Could it be a crossed line, where someone at the other end was in the same situation as you not understanding and enquiring who is this? (It seems a likely question to ask dirung a confusing call). Sort of a combination of an echo call and crossed line.

A few times my phone has rang and I answer and the person calling is saying I called them, when I didn't. Both of us claim our phones rang and neither one of us made the call.

I think it's just some strange glitches through the lines and most likely aren't paranormal in nature.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by violet
You said you spoke some parts and that was repeated, so could those parts have been an echo? If I'm reading your post correctly, it was only when you thought who is this, that was then said back to you, leading you to think the caller read your mind. Could it be a crossed line, where someone at the other end was in the same situation as you not understanding and enquiring who is this? (It seems a likely question to ask dirung a confusing call). Sort of a combination of an echo call and crossed line.

A few times my phone has rang and I answer and the person calling is saying I called them, when I didn't. Both of us claim our phones rang and neither one of us made the call.

I think it's just some strange glitches through the lines and most likely aren't paranormal in nature.

ok... another poster who thinks before he posts. I thought at first it was someone messing around because they just repeated back to me yes. Then as i put the phone down i thought of alot of random things then they repeated back to me, then i started thinking of random words which the guy on the other end wouldn't be able to say back and guess what he did! The weird thing was the ambient noise and the voice was my voice...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Boy this is a tough one.
If it wasn't for the response saying it was Ryan I would lean towards crossed wires. I would have said that someone else was just as confused as you were and trying to figure out who was on the other line. But since they said your name... what are the chances of two Ryans having phone problems at the same time and saying the same thing. Then you add in the fact that you thought it not said it.
I can't think of a computer glitch that could do that.
I'm also interested in the background noise. As you said it was tantalizing. I wonder if the noise did something to make you believe you heard your own voice repeating back. I'm sure we've all had times where a song gets stuck in our head or a thought just pops in our minds out of nowhere.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That is kinda strange but dont feel bad. I go through battery charges on phones probably half as fast as most others with very limited use. Seems to be the case with all phones i purchase. Youd be surprised the crazy technologies they have nowadays.

What carrier are you with and do you just have a regular phone line, cable, or VOIP (voice over ip) if ya dont mind me asking?

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:30 AM
link   
here you go friend,its happened to alot of members.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

mind games tend to occur not long after people join ats,just ignore them and there plan.

now who would have the ability and the motive to play all these mind games considering a large part of this site is dedicated to uncovering thier exisetnce,its not the cia,nsa,the military industrial complex,it aint nasa.....

top topics

join