It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The wife U.S. Republican John McCain callously left behind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   

The wife U.S. Republican John McCain callously left behind

www.dailymail.co.uk

Some of McCain’s acquaintances are less forgiving, however. They portray the politician as a self-centred womaniser who effectively abandoned his crippled wife to ‘play the field’. They accuse him of finally settling on Cindy, a former rodeo beauty queen, for financial reasons.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:34 AM
link   
There is something wrong with this guy and let me tell you what it is – deceit’.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Very interesting story! That Ross Perot, he has been involved in so many things, interesting man.

As far as making blanket personal judgements on the whole divorce thing, those situations can be very complicated, apparently she left her first husband for McCain, and he did adopt her two kids.

He did not just leave her when she became disabled, he apparently stayed with her for 7-8 years and has managed to retain her as a loyal friend. They make it sound like she is forced to express loyalty to him because of the divorce settlement 30 years ago, that is ridiculous, she is not obligated to do anything.

If anything managing to keep the loyalty of an exwife under those circumstances is a credit to him, if she had a grudge against him she surely knows this would be the golden opportunity to get even.

BTW I am NOT a McCain fan, his policies and personality scare me, but something like a divorce, well that is very personal and overall the story does not sound vindictive or all that cold hearted.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by Sonya610]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Hey, you can't force two people to love each other. That is not how it works. You are either happy, or you aren't. It's very unfortunate that his ex-wife has to go through what she is going through. But, what goes around comes around. So I believe that maybe in a past life, or maybe in this life, whatever, she had it coming to her. Call me heartless, harsh, or even call McCain that, but the reality of it all is that everything happens for a reason.

I actually think much higher of McCain knowing that he takes control of his own life. I see couples fighting all the time. Most of them have children. The ones that force themselves to stay in the relationship end up living a really depressed unhappy life, this can effect kids too. The ones that take control of their life, move on, and strive to become happy are the successful ones. It shows... you can see McCain might even become president. I bet that is why his ex-wife is so jealous. She wont get to sleep in the White House.

One of my best friends parents split up. I knew his parents for a while. His mom always seemed depressed until she finally left her husband. After that she lost a great amount of weight, and her life turned around, and she just seems so much more happy and young. I swear she looks 20 years younger, and even act's happy like a free teenager.

When people start to confess all their lies, all their worries, and fix all their problems, and get rid of all the guilt. It's like taking a thousand pounds off of your shoulders, and you live a much happier life knowing you have nothing to hide anymore.

Getting rid of all that burden is probably the best thing anyone can do. I hope some how McCain's ex-wife could find a way to do that as well.

[edit on 9-6-2008 by ALLis0NE]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:17 AM
link   
Divorces are never easy, one should never judge someone’s else’s private life. No one has walked in his or her shoes!

He was a POW for 5 years as well, that in itself is going to change him. No one will ever be the same after war and especially being a POW.

He was probably at a time in his life where he needed to find himself and love himself once again before he could truly go on to someone else.

Sometimes people plays the field a lot in situations like these. It was their life and it happen, it happens everyday!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
But, what goes around comes around. So I believe that maybe in a past life, or maybe in this life, whatever, she had it coming to her.

I hope some how McCain's ex-wife could find a way to do that as well.

What story did you read? You sound very young, arrogant, and naive; one day life will test you and when it does I wonder if you will say "Heck I must have deserved this because I must have done some really rotten things in my past lives".

The story did NOT imply that his ex-wife was harboring bad feelings, it clearly stated she was loyal to him and probably still have a great deal of love for him. You sound like she is the villain here, is that because you want to believe McCain is a great guy so therefore there must be a bad person in this story?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I could say a lot more about the bad habits of my friends, and sometimes even me. The point? Relationships are complicated. I won't judge.

Look at Obama. He just had a tough break-up with his church.

(Ooooohhh! Wonder who his rebound church will be? Taking bets;
1-3 It's none at all, 1000-1 on FLDS)

[edit on 9-6-2008 by jasonjnelson]

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Sonya610

Actually, I didn't even read the main story, only the OP's posts. Mainly because Ive herd this story 100000 times before. Ive had many girlfriends with split parents, seen many divorces happen between friends parents, and seen just about every 90210 episode there is because of my mom and sister. You don't have to lecture me, or get me involved in someones love life. I am not some nosey paparazzi. You don't judge someone based on their love life.

No I don't support any presidential candidates either. So don't think I am trying to get people to vote for him. Actually, I was just being REAL.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ALLis0NE
Ive had many girlfriends with split parents, seen many divorces happen between friends parents, and seen just about every 90210 episode there is because of my mom and sister.

Ahhh....your life experiences are based on your highschool friends parents and lots of episodes of 90210, okay then. The woman was CRIPPLED in a car accident and left permanently disfigured.

I just don't understand why you would even comment on this article if you couldn't take two minutes to read the story.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Does anyone realize that the link the OP has goes to a "female" tab of the website? Seems to me like the female that wrote the article is more worried about gossip and rumors than they are his actual background and experience, and ability to be a president.

Someone needs to get their priorities straight. What does relationship problems have to do with being a president????

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonya610
Ahhh....your life experiences are based on your highschool friends parents and lots of episodes of 90210, okay then. The woman was CRIPPLED in a car accident and left permanently disfigured.

I just don't understand why you would even comment on this article if you couldn't take two minutes to read the story.

Because I already know that story! Thats why. Then, to make you happy I went ahead and read the story. You know what? I found out that I didn't even need to read the story because it was exactly what I thought it was. Just another woman ranting about love life, when they should be worried about his ability to be a president. Trying to distract? Trying to find anything possible to hate the guy? Feminist website?

Damn this world is trashed.

Also, my experience is not limited to high school friend examples and T.V. shows. My experience is viewing REAL LIFE problems too. For example Christopher Reeves....

www.chrisreevehomepage.com...

Upon regaining consciousness and realizing the gravity of his situation, Reeve wondered to his wife Dana if "maybe we should just let me go." Whereupon Dana uttered the words that gave him the will to live: "But you're still you and I love you." After 6 months at Kessler Rehabilitation Institute in New Jersey, Reeve returned to his home in Bedford, New York, where Dana had completed major renovations to accomodate his needs and those of his electric wheelchair which he operated by sipping or puffing on a straw.

You see, the above is TRUE LOVE. You can NOT force LOVE on ANYONE.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ALLis0NE

I'm not sure what you are arguing, but Mr. Reeves was not paralyzed as long as Mccain stayed with his ex. Different Strokes, you know? Besides, If Mrs. Obamas final paper from college is off limits, so is Mccains ex.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
Well, he was running around on her ALOT and abandoned her for someone who could greatly help his political career. That must have really been painful for her, in her crippled condition. Sounds like the ex-wife is still in love with him.

He doesn't sound like a very nice guy to me.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jasonjnelson

To tell you the truth I don't even know why I decided to reply on this thread. It's just another "sleight of hand" trick.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Life is filled with interesting patterns. Is it possible to infer how the President will run the country by looking at his past marital relationships?

(If you believe in any form of divination, or Nostradamus, astrology – any way of predicting the future – certainly you will agree that you can forecast the future of an individual based upon specific "signs" intrinsic to an individual's past. Yeah?)

I think it is completely possible to make these predictions, but I also fear that it is open to wide misinterpretation.

#1. My guess: McCain will be loyal to the policies of Bush to a point, just the way he was loyal to is first wife. Eventually, he will completely abandon Bush policies in favor of something more attractive and appealing, like his second wife. That might actually be of benefit to the USA.

#2. An alternative: McCain will dodge his responsibilities as President once things get tough, and move towards self-gratification and self-indulgement (maybe pandering to the attractive "rich" and ignoring the less attractive "middle-class".) He will leave major portions of the USA behind. That will definitely hurt the USA.

I can see it going either way. But if McCain is elected President, I bet we will see a continuation of his life's pattern, which will eventually become obvious in retrospect.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
That's a really nice hit piece based mostly upon rumor, speculation and 2nd hand accounts. His ex-wife remains loyal to him. Perhaps that's because the knows what REALLY happened to their relationship, unlike Sharon Churcher or those defending her article.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:00 AM
link   
What I find amusing is that when people say they don't want to vote for Obama it's because they don't 'trust' him. There's something off about him. He's not quite right, but they can't place their finger on it. I think I can place where the lack of trust comes in with regards to McCain (this and the whole snitching thing in the POW camp)

This is a case where McCain was with someone he loved (maybe) and made a oath to defend her and to stand by her through good times and bad. And, once things went bad, he made a selfish decision to further his own political career rather than truly care for the body to whom he pledged his life.

I hope he doesn't treat his country this way after he takes another solemn oath. It would really suck if he saw that his country was going down the tubes, and instead of really trying to fix the problem, he takes the selfish route and helps his political buddies and sells us out.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Rasobasi420

I don't really get all that defensive of Republians, but you just said something truly #ed up!
Mccain refused to leave POW camp until all of his friends were out as well. He was offered to go YEARS earlier. I think that the snitch you are thinking of was Jane Fonda.

Please don't make slanderous comments, of which you have no proof. Thats very disrespectful.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:05 PM
link   
www.pensitoreview.com...

They used to call him 'Songbird' because he wouldn't stop singing.

top topics

join