It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ultimate Utopia

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Dunno if this is in the right place, but this is my view of what our civilisation should be like.

1. No money, no barter, you only take what you need, but there still be people who have jobs that make things we dont need. I'll explain how this would work. Just say you need a loaf of bread. You goto the bakery, and get it for free. In return the person who made the bread, will be able to get what ever you make for free, or our service. There will be no greed, so you will not take all the loafs of bread, so know one else can have it.

2. There will still be laws, like dont kill each other, and dont steal ect ect.

anything else?

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by devilruski

What if no one wanted to make bread? How would you force people to produce it?

I like where you are coming from though comrade.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
We need money, money in itself is not a bad thing and it is a motivator. The economic system as it is can be seen as corrupt but the basic idea is fine. We can not go back to a pre-economic system.
But the most ideal way of life (imo) would be a relatively small world goverment that only takes care of the supervision of the economic system and does nothing else than keeping it mutually transparant for anyone that wants to research someone/something. And a second thing is that the money that goes into military spending worldwide goes into providing the bare necessities ( basic housing, food, water and electricity ) for anyone that wants/needs it and you would still have more then enough money left to trash the current taxsystem and lower it with a good percentage.

Money will only be a replacement for trading goods and will be in the hands of the public, not the banks.

Anyway, the only thing you could get punished for is things you do to another person and you can do to yourself whatever you want, druglaws go out of the window among others that are victimless crimes.

The good thing about it is that there will be a place for everyone in this world, if you want to take it easy and can't be bothered to do work, no problem but do not expect any luxury and if you want to make something of your life and buy a big villa, go for it and good luck.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 05:53 AM
link   
But people will have to relise in this society that there can be no greed, you will have to work to keep the community together.

We wont need money, its like favours, you scratch my back, I scratch yours.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Money is the proof of back scratching. If you scratch someone elses back because you want them to scratch yours- then you are still practically using money. You can change the world to barter, and I will still go to work for the same reasons- and it isn't because I like my job. Favors are barter.

No barter, take what you need for free-
The baker giving you free bread, in exchange for your goods at a later time
is not free bread and it is barter

I hope I'm don't come off a too critical, I just don't have too many positives. I like the 'we'll still have laws part'. And I'm sure I couldn't come up with anything better

I would really like to see someone describe the mechanics of Utopia- even if what's right comes down to an opinion- instead of here's Utopia, a society of good people and it will work because the people are good.

But it would be nice if our jobs actually did something for society/other people- for example a landlord does not contribute (I have nothing against them though). Arts and Entertainment are required too.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:40 PM
link   
The laws need to be reduced big time though. The only law on the books is you dont mess with nobody elses rights or freedoms as defined in a constitution. Drugs, prostitution, gambling all legal as long as you dont steal from someone to be able to do drugs or kill or anything that infringes on anyone elses freedoms. Nothing wrong with the barter system but we should have money but it should be coined in gold or silver. Hmm wait this kind of Utopia should exist ...oh WAIT its AMERICA well that is before our constitution was destroyed by government and big bankers and business. Now our freedoms are gone and money no longer has value. Gee the great Utopia would be an America that follows the constitution and nothing else.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
We just need one law: do not impose your will on another.

As for money, I hope it gets transitioned out. Perhaps the less desirable jobs could offer additional benefits until automatic systems are in place to handle it... like janitorial work.

top topics

join