It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wow Check this New UFO video out!!!!

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:31 AM
link   
This video get debunked long time back yesterday day itself at www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:33 AM
link   
the rockefeller ufo is great but once again what good timing huh

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 11:39 AM
link   
New videos from Boston.

Same characteristics as Genos and empire

Bostion 1

Bostion 2

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 123space

Your thread was posted 10 hours after this one...

As for you and JeepGirl's arguments about off-topic videos.

The videos I posted were in his favorites. Two of which were OBVIOUS and poor fakes. One of them was at the EXACT same location as his video. How is that not relevant?

As for many of the other videos posted they have the exact same look to them. Whether that makes that makes his videos fake due to the same software being used to create the UFO effect, or adds credibility to his footage is up to you to decide. They were related solely because of this.

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by _Mr.X_

1. 1997, 2008 phoenix triangle phenom

2. clever hoax? compressed equal to video.

3. 3 cities? who is taking videos in 3 cities, same day (3rd NYC haven't seen yet)

4. Considering our buildup to war on Iran (this week? see other ATS thread, including by 'boulderMD')....these may be tdu's

or another hoax.

3 days and counting...

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
that # is fake as HELL

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgonMaybe business was slow at Geno's Steak... two incidents... would make that a great hangout to catch UFO's while munching dinner

OT ... but Geno's had made a big stink in Philly for not serving any aliens ... that is is you don't speak english ... you don't get served ... lol

[edit on 10-6-2008 by packetstorm]

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Do I see clear? In four (4) cities are the same kind of ufo-sightings?!

1 - Philadelphia
2 - New York
3 - Boston (cities, build on the same line)

then

4 - Dallas

I know, some vids look silly. But on the other hand, it would be a huge setup, or not? But for what?

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by TKainZero

wow, how did something, that basicly got proven to be fake in the first 10 posts, get to 14 flags...

Serious....

Everytime i see a UFO thread now, its garbage like this.

I'm not really sure.

I guess people don't realize that 100+ replies and a dozen flags will get this kind of stuff up on ATS' front page. This undermines the credibility of ATS and the UFO community in general.

There's nothing wrong with posting YouTube videos here to get people's opinion. But giving so much attention to something that is clearly a hoax degrades the overall quality of the UFO/Aliens Forum.

I thought jimbo999 posted a much more authentic looking video in this thread.
No one seemed interested. Any Spanish speaking members could have tried to contact ufologists in Costa Rica. Instead people seem more interested in perpetuating (and flagging) nonsense.... which is why the subject matter is ridiculed.

PS- This isn't a knock on the OP. I believe the OP was honestly curious. Check out this thread for tips on how to spot hoaxes.

As for the topic. The reason I'm 99.99% sure they are fake is because the video is only 16 seconds long. Where is the unedited "whole" video? Can someone please provide a link? Also, the other Phili video, filmed during daylight, is also very short. Probably hoaxed by the same people.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Scramjet76

Absolutely. You make very strong points, but everything deserves a look. I think the only thing that made this interesting was the amount of similar objects in multiple cities with multiple angles by multiple witnesses of the same supposed object.

Where is the unedited "whole" video? Can someone please provide a link?

I don't know if anyone else has tried to contact the users who posted the footage on YouTube, but they certainly have not answered my requests about unedited, original, higher resolution footage, or inquires about posting it on vimeo.com where we could get better resolution (as suggested by someone previously, I forget who.. sorry).

This does make it seem that it is nothing more than a hoax. A pretty big one it appears, or maybe just a strange occurrence that multiple people had seen some footage and realized they could do the exact same thing... and small groups of people created videos in various cities.

If it is a hoax that was planned out then I think anyone interested in UFO's can learn from this experience and how hoaxers are willing to go to greater length's to try and successfully fool people into believing footage that is less than genuine just because of supposed multiple witnesses that managed to get footage.

The job was done poorly in the Dallas footage. For example, the footage all seems to have most likely come from the same if not only similar video recording equipment and the responses the "witnesses" give are pretty... well.. dumb and stereotypical. A couple Spanish speakers in one, and a really foolish sounding uhh... cowboy? Is that what he was supposed to be? I guess... it is, nonetheless, less than convincing.

[edit on 6/11/2008 by apolluwn]

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 02:20 AM
link   
reply to post by apolluwn

Well UFO interest is at an all time high. It's become one of the hottest topics on search engines. It's not surprising some kids with knowledge of video editing software would throw some stuff up on YouTube. I'm sure it's quite amusing to them.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 03:36 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:04 AM
link   
I haven't read the replies, so not sure if it's been pointed out yet, but these UFOs are actually light fittings. I'll see if I can get a link to the page that explains how this was done.

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:14 AM
link   
OK, I can't seem to track the link down now, but basically the guy doing the filming is in a shopping mall, the ceiling is painted like the sky and those UFOs are actually lights.
He had a site about him tripping around the would and I think that this was filmed somewhere like Israel... I could be wrong about that, I came across this 10, 11 maybe 12 months ago.
I'll keep looking for the page and post the link once I've found it...

posted on Jun, 11 2008 @ 05:51 AM
link   
OK... After some checking around and watching the footage a couple of time over.... I have to admit that I actually got it mixed up with some other footage I saw a while back... So, these UFOs aren't the light fittings I was thinking of.

So, well, back on page 4 of the comments was a good analyses of how one of the UFOs did no sync properly with the back/foreground during camera shake... Because of that, I'm leaning strongly towards the thought that this footage is hoaxed.

Hoaxing, it's a real shame that people do that. It just wastes everyones time.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JDN24

It looks great but, unfortunately it's a fake, and not a good one either.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I just want to point out that if it was real, I don't understand why so many people assume everyone witnessing those lights would be terrified or running / yelling. That's definitely not what me and a few friends did the night we saw what was most likely some kind of alien craft. We sort of just stood there staring at it unsure of what to say / do. Running away was not at the top of my head though, that's for sure. I was just recording it with my crappy camera phone.

As for what we saw: basically it just looked like a very bright star with different colors glowing around the center of it. It moved very slowly but fast enough to see that it was definitely moving. Sometimes it moved faster and sometimes it stayed in place for several minutes. It was there for about 4 or 5 hours.

Anyways my original point is that it's stupid to assume people would run or start screaming at everyone to look at the sky if they are unsure of what they're looking at. Unless it's 50 feet above you and is no doubt not made by humans.

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 03:23 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 13 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
DEFINITE FAKE !!!

NO QUESTION !!!

It would be great to acknowledge UFO's in a serious manner (considering the availability and nature of historical and official reports) BUT, video footage over the last 60 years has constantly failed to provide any actual, factual and unequivocal evidence whatsoever! Shame, really...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join