It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn you Lucasfilm! No Indiana Jones games :(

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 02:50 AM
link   
Those guys piss me off, glad they got fired. whenever a summer movie comes out there's always a game related to it. Matrix, Lord of the rings, Hulk, Spiderman, Superman, Iron Man, fantastic four. etc.

except when it comes to Indiana Jones! I haven't played a decent indiana jones since that dumb game from Nintendo 64, the infernal machine. why do we get robbed when it comes to games based on star wars or indiana jones? they are either expanded universe and nothing to do with the movie or never released.

When will I get a new Indiana Jones game? based on anything! i'll take a temple of doom game anyday. Just give me something damn! and No more lego games!! PLEASE i'm not 12!!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:15 AM
link   
Become a game designer, create a good indiana jones game, market it to lucasfilms ltd., become rich, and then you won't have to whine about it.

ya know you don't always have to completely emerse yourself into a movie all the time.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:30 AM
link   
I did a quick search and could'nt find it ,but I remember reading an article about a realistic game based on Indiana Jones thats in the making.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Become a game designer, create a good indiana jones game, market it to lucasfilms ltd., become rich, and then you won't have to whine about it.

ya know you don't always have to completely emerse yourself into a movie all the time.

I can't do that man. I don't have the rights to make the game. it works the other way around. Lucasarts will never let anyone else make a game about IJ. I always wanted to play indiana jones in raiders of the lost ark, you know the boulder coming at you. and for the crystal skulls. I mean the whole storyline is a videogame. find the skull, go to the temple, kill the russians and find the loot.

that game that they been working on. It's been 3 years !!!!!! I saw a preview of that at the comic con. It better be good if I waited this long.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:47 AM
link   
I believe it was game informer magazine that published the article, but don't expect much because you never know what you'll get these days. Most games are made to make money not joy!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   
hmmmmmm...

as far as i can remember, years ago, there was an indiana jones game... it evades me now in terms of the name but i am sure i still have it stuck away in a box somewhere. I would have to check my software catalog to see if i have it and what it was called - BUT, it will be VERY old at todays gaming standards!

I will have a look - i will try tonight!

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
I believe it was game informer magazine that published the article, but don't expect much because you never know what you'll get these days. Most games are made to make money not joy!

true. the last good star wars game I played was for the super nintendo. it was actually based on the films. You could fight darth vader on bespin and it followed the storyline closely. Indiana Jones games have sucked all around. I am playing the Indiana Jones Crystal Skull game on my cellphone, but it's a ripoff it only has 4 levels and the gaming sucks.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Yes yes i know - this is about indiana jones LOL

But Jedimiller mentioned star wars - i remember, and still have, tie fighter!! This, to me, was an awesome game!! But that's just me...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

This one looks great, but we will have to wait and see. www.lucasarts.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by silverking
This one looks great, but we will have to wait and see. [url=http://www.lucasarts.com/games/theforceunleashed/]

lol. yeah I know about that one silver. It's been in the making for 5 years. I even purchased the wii in anticipation, you know with the lightsaber control. I personally think it's going to suck. they say that Vader had an apprentice and that he goes on to kill the remaining jedi after ROTS. it's bull****! Vader never had an apprentice. it's all expanded universe. the toys and the book are already coming out for the force unleashed. I been going to the comic con yearly and lucasart is there and they been trying to sell it to us. Looks lame to be honest. I'm still waiting on a good game based on a new hope. where you can actually play luke and han solo, including the millenium falcon and the storyline.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Can't a man dream? I know it will suck ,but I'm going to pretened it won't be so bad, because if I don't then this guy might get upset! cache.consumerist.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Speaking with Shacknews, LucasArts representative Margaret Grohne reaffirmed the company's commitment to its internal studio and noted that the studio is continuing to work on the next Indiana Jones game in addition to The Force Unleashed.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 12:52 PM
link   
indiana jones game? why bother when you can play the princess bride game?

princessbridegame.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:00 PM
link   

movie game sucks
and should never be ported to consoles
waste of time and effort of designers

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Ok, i'm with the OP. Over marketing ruins the movies themselves. The sad element is the frequency at which such things occur. If we are to move on a society, we need to spend less time stuck on the same things.

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:07 PM
link   
There is a Lego Indiana Jones game just like lego star wars...I just saw the commercial for it yesterday...

Dont know if that will be enough???

www.lucasarts.com...

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Anyone tell you that you whinge a lot Jedi

And lego computer games rock

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Perfectenemy05

my friend has the game, he has also seen the movie, he says the game is good

posted on Jun, 9 2008 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
indiana jones game? why bother when you can play the princess bride game?

princessbridegame.com...

I can see you have kids! It's impossible to know about those games if you dont

posted on Jun, 10 2008 @ 09:04 AM
link   
A "next-gen" Indiana Jones game would be awesome. Especially if he has all the smartass one liners like he does in the movies. I'm yet to see the latest movie but I'm pretty keen.

Miller, have you ever played Uncharted: Drake's Fortune? It's very Indiana Jones-esque. Should check it out if you have a PS3.

new topics

top topics

join