It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-Billion Year Old Manufactured Spheroids?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   
At least 200 have been found, and extracted out of deep rock at the Wonderstone Silver Mine in South Africa, averaging 1-4 inches in dia. and composed of a nickel-steel alloy that doesn't occur naturally. Some have a thin shell about a quarter inch thick, when broken open are filled with a strange spongy material that disintegrates into dust upon contact with air.

“While playing with the stone on a very flat surface at a restaurant one day, Hund realized it was very well balanced. He took it to the California Space Institute at the University of California to have tests done to determine just how well balanced it was. "It turned out that the balance is so fine, it exceeded the limit of their measuring technology and these are the guys who make gyrocompasses for NASA.”

”The stone is balanced to within one-hundred thousandths of an inch from absolute perfection," explains Hund. Nobody knows what these stones are. One NASA scientist told Hund that they do not have the technology to create anything as finely balanced as this. He said the only way that either nature or human technology could create something so finely balanced would be in zero gravity.”

Apparently NASA studied the objects and didn’t know what to say. How can these objects exist millions of years before man? Could it be from another world, a lost civilization? I don’t know what to say.

Some Links:
www.ufoarea.com...
community-2.webtv.net...@HH!96!10!0C394463B0D1/WF11/3BillionYearOld/
community-2.webtv.net...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
fascinating find, I never heard of those rocks before

maybe they are martian blueberries???

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:18 PM
link   
So these blueberries are either natural or made by some ancient civilization. Maybe they are some kind of relics?

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:34 PM
link   
They look like little Deathstars...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
It must have been either brought to earth by another race of beings or an asteroid. It seems the earth was formed 4.6 Billion years ago according to the timeline below.

[Edited on 3-3-2004 by kinglizard]

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Isn't 4,600 million years ago 4.6 billion years? This means whatever created these had 1.6-1.8 billion years to form...

posted on Mar, 3 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cutwolf
Isn't 4,600 million years ago 4.6 billion years? This means whatever created these had 1.6-1.8 billion years to form...

Hey thanks Cutwolf. Man I hate sounding stupid.

Anyway, I found more on the Age of the earth.

The oldest rocks which have been found so far (on the Earth) date to about 3.8 to 3.9 billion years ago (by several radiometric dating methods). Some of these rocks are sedimentary, and include minerals which are themselves as old as 4.1 to 4.2 billion years. Rocks of this age are relatively rare, however rocks that are at least 3.5 billion years in age have been found on North America, Greenland, Australia, Africa, and Asia.

So the objects fit in with this estimate; maybe from the very beginning of earths formation.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 08:03 PM
link   
these things are really cool, they should put them in a vaccume and open it so that theres no air for the spongey stuff on the inside to turn it to dust.just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 5 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Very intersting objects. My guess is that they are of a very different race of beings that were and are probably still visiting this planet.

The great question is, what they were used for?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
I needed to bring this thread back from the dead. What are these rocks, does anyone else have any information on them, as the links are not working anymore? Is this a HOAX?? Or no?

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Where is the NASA link? And only the last link works for me. Sounds interesting. I'd like to see a NASA article on this however.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
it seems as though there was a second type of these balls aside from the ones that were hollow there were also ones made of a solid blueish metal with white flecks on it...also doubt it would be a hoax as they are on exhibit at a museum in Klerksdorp, South America.

source: www.s8int.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by game over man

From what I understood someone sent NASA a letter talking about it, and then NASA took it off their page and re designed the article, or something around those lines. Hopefully someone can clarify this.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
u wanted proof of inteligent life in the cosmos well u got over 200 hundred of them and proof nasa are a bunch of wanna be know it alls that dont hav a clue what they are
this is the undeniable proof

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

PROTIP: Use the internet to find out things.

If this type of topic interests you I'd recommend looking into Out Of Place Artifacts (OOPAs)

I hope this was of some assistance to you.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
thanx for the sources but iv been ther done that memorized the articles
ther is no doubt strange things are found in the most unlikely places but its finding sumthing that cant be proven false ,cant be debunked as a "naturual accurance" or the best a "mystery" they'll all get shiped out sumwere remote
studied and never heard of again
and in this day and age its accepted
id like a few scientists i know to hav a look and giv ther personal opinion
because if its true that the only way u can get it balanced like that is in zero gravity then its absolute proof

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by satnav_c-1

That PROTIP I gave was for everyone you know!

Similarly, inquiries of scientists, who studied these objects, have found that the claims that NASA found these objects to be either perfectly balanced, unnatural, or puzzling are completely unsubstantiated.

Accept the facts and keep the fantasy for associating them with each other.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

PROTIP? what are you trying to belittle me....? I just wanted information form the people of ATS Thanks for the link bud

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

No belittling going on at my end. It is indeed a useful thing to know.

You're welcome for the link and I hope you enjoy reading about the OOPAs - some cool stories from many different time periods. Things which have made people do a 'double-take' with their beliefs and establish a different idea of how things once were.

The Antikythera mechanism is a brilliant example of established theory being debunked.

Combine it with things like this and who knows what our ancestors were doing all over the world.

So in short I think there is plenty of evidence to suggest that these spheres are volcanic bubbles and not some unexplained technology but there are also plenty of cool things which humans have done throughout history which we can't yet account for.

Again, enjoy reading through the stories!

-m0r

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

A tiny Swiss watch was found at a Ming Dynasty excavation? That's another thread on it's own! Haha!

It looks like the Klerksdorp spheres are concretions?

Wiki-Concretions

I'm guessing for an ET explanation we are going to need some more evidence?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join